The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

+20
CaledonianCraig
Jeremy_Kyle
break_in_the_fifth
Beer
ryan86
Brady12
Jahu
droogle
wow
kemet
paulscholes
gallery play
bogbrush
barrystar
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
yloponom68
hawkeye
FedsFan
Tenez
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who is going to lift the cup?

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 15 ]
USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Empty USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Starts at 9pm BST....I believe.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Empty Re: USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

emancipator wrote:I wonder what Rafa is saying to the umpire during the changeover

Vamos a la playa?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... - Page 2 Empty Re: USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by kemet Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

Now Djokovic gets a time warning...

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

How come there is no final thread?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

Nore Staat wrote:They could both be defaulted I suppose for time violation.

Yep and give the trophee to Federer or Murray.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 am

I remember a lot of people on this board a few months ago stating that Nadal has a better FH than Roger. What a joke! Roger did far more with his FH against Novak than Rafa has managed.

Even at age 30 Roger has the best FH in the game.

Peak v peak - no contest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 am

wow wrote:How come there is no final thread?

What do you mean? this is one!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 am

emancipator wrote:I remember a lot of people on this board a few months ago stating that Nadal has a better FH than Roger. What a joke! Roger did far more with his FH against Novak than Rafa has managed.

Even at age 30 Roger has the best FH in the game.

Peak v peak - no contest.

Exactly. I remember. And imagine if we had to make a FH winner ratio! How many FH does Nadal hit before he can hit a winner.

I was thinking about it just 2 days ago.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 am

Djoko keeping the TV execs happy by giving Rafa a 0-2 start in each set, to make it last. The guy thinks of everything!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:59 am

yep, there was the conceding face again, Nadal knows he can't win. He'll keep on fighting though

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 am

I can see only one player playing tennis the other is just standing on the baseline and hoping for some miracle to happen.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 am

Federer said when he played Agassi on AA "if you can handle the crowd at the USO, you can handle anything".

Not easy. Borg never could!

Last edited by Tenez on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 am

Finally got a live stream. Some incredible play from Djokovic in the last game. Terrible crowd behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am

Nadal's shots are losing weight and lenght

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am

Any idea when is MTO going to happen?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 am

Oh stuff it - a break back from Nadal.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 am

Excellent play from Nadal - excellent play from Djokovic but second best on that point.

Nadal gets the break.

They can't keep this going at this intensity - surely.

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 am

Excellent play??
Djoko gave him a gift.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 am

Commentators on usopen.org made a good point.

Rafa is not serving powerfully enough.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am

Break back.

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am

Djoko breaks Rafa's heart

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 am

LOL.

Your hero could not keep you happier for long. He is just not playing tennis, is he?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 am

Nadals serve is hopeless, he seems to have given up on it and is rolling them in.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 am

Spanish Shanky
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 am

My prediction nearly coming true Smile

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

Can Nadal do a Djokovic : come back from 2 sets down and save two match points?

With Rafa, anything is possible.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

Nadal's shots are so full of fear. Way too safe. Too much spin for security at the expense of pace.

Down he goes! ...bar injury from Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 am

bogbrush wrote:Nadals serve is hopeless, he seems to have given up on it and is rolling them in.

That's what I don't understand. Nadal's serve was so impressive last year.

Why has he not gone back to what worked for him last year?

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 am

At the start Djoko was targetting Rafa's backhand relentlessly. Now, having seen Rafa's FH falling to pieces, he's quite happy to hit to it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 am

BB- today Djoko has shown who is mentally toughest. And how great a player Fed is. The only one who can come close in beating Novak.
On watching this match only word comes to my mind- ANNIHILATION

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 am

I predict Novak to do an easing off set now... like he did wimbledon; if i'm wrong i'll eat my own poo.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

kemet wrote:Can Nadal do a Djokovic : come back from 2 sets down and save two match points?

With Rafa, anything is possible.

2 words- no chance Smile

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 am

This must be the longest short match in history

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:24 am

Where is our friend socal?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 am

13 people still think that Nadal can win this one laughing

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 am

Nadull will win a set; Novak has never won a slam final 3-0.. except against nobodies! (i.e the glaswegian).

Last edited by Josiah Maiestas on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 am

I was leaning towards Nadal winning this. . . I still find it hard to get my head around just how well Djoko matches up against him. This is bordering on a solid whooping so far, the second set being quite finely poised at times.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 am

droogle wrote:I was leaning towards Nadal winning this. . . I still find it hard to get my head around just how well Djoko matches up against him. This is bordering on a solid whooping so far, the second set being quite finely poised at times.

Rafa must have cursed himself when Novak pulled out that match against Roger.

Rafa has a definite plan against Roger. He has none against Novak.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Nadull will win a set; Novak has never won a slam final 3-0.. except against nobodies! (i.e the glaswegian).

Tell that to Andy Murray [Edit], who will scratch his head to hear that there's a Glaswegian plying his trade at the top of the game

Last edited by barrystar on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 am

Is this final really between world top 2 players?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 am

I'm surprised that anyone favoured Rafa in this match.

It's not like anything changed between W and today's final.

Nadal has changed NOTHING, simply because he only knows one way to play.

He looks pretty clueless out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 am

The final was on Saturday
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 am

wow wrote:13 people still think that Nadal can win this one laughing
12 actually. I voted Nadal by mistake but rectified it before the match....nevertheless...like you I was surprise to see Nadal favourite.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 am

bogbrush wrote:The final was on Saturday
Like at the French. Djoko despite being breathless can handle Nadal more easily.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 am

Djoko must be very careful not to let the crowd get even more involved.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 am

Another break - say what you like about Nadal, but he never gives up.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:44 am

I am sure those guys would beat on Lance Amstrong on a bike.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 am

God sake, what a match (apart from last 2 games) no FH winners, no BH winners, no aces, no net play, all points either on the netor out.

Not a major fan of any player, but hats off to Fed for for giving us such wonderful years of master tennis.

Still want Nadal to win this, as Djokos tennis definalty makes me hate tennis.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:47 am

One of the commentators said he hoped neither of them get another time violation - well he should if it's merited and they'll both have to think about winning a point with a bit of artistry rather than slugging and running.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 am

Nadal is so less agile that Federer and Djoko. How many of those returs in his feet has he missed?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 am

The plus point is that neither of them will be inflicting this tennis on us in 3 years. Not without implants.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next