The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All: Lets change for the better

5 posters

Go down

All: Lets change for the better Empty All: Lets change for the better

Post by Critical_mass Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

Listen, im tired of all this biased opinion from certain people, ive proven i can give an opinion on both sides - i defend Lewis like some defend button, but at the same time i do admit when button has done well or lewis has done back. Yet some people cant see to be able to do that... they are coming across as a WUM, whether they're actually one or not, they're coming across as one.

Im not going to knock others for supporting and defending button or anyother driver - after all im doing the same with Lewis. I hope people can become more able to see both sides of an incident or whatever is being discussed.

I would like to have a discussion or debate on this forum, being able to listen to other peoples opinions and DEBATE it and NOT just completely dismiss and refuse to see other peoples opinions. Id like all this insulting towards eachother and the drivers to stop. Ever since i joined this forum all thats happened is a small group slating Button and the other small group slating Lewis and its getting boring. I'll hold my hand up and say i have been part of the button group.

If it doesnt change then the forum is going to go down hill.

We're all adults here, can we please start acting like it, please.

I wont hold my hopes up for certain people, tbh i dont expect them to change their ways... but ive said my piece so its up to you how to react to what ive said.

I kind of hoping im being the bigger person by saying all this, but i do invite others to do the same.

my 2p.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

All: Lets change for the better Empty Re: All: Lets change for the better

Post by monty junior Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Good post Very Happy

I just kind of find it boring whenever i come on the board, there's either Hamilton fans celebrating him as the second coming or if he has a bad of unlucky race they just end up laying into Button because he got the better of him. I find myself defending Button because he is outnumbered by Hamilton fans on these boards and gets a raw deal.

F1 is the greatest sport in the world and there's so much to talk about, sensationalist comments like "this is a rubbish season" isn't true imo, there's been alot of rubbish seasons, far worse than this. Lets just enjoy the rest of the season and hope for good racing, because the best car or not Vettel hasnt made a big made a big mistake all season and has been the class of the field.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting made.
Posting something deliberately inflamatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties.
Posting continuous snide comments about another user
Behaviour which is continually disruptive to the general membership of the forum

Can i Suggest making these as our private rules on top of the actual forum rules?

Have i forgotten anything?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

monty junior wrote:Good post Very Happy

I just kind of find it boring whenever i come on the board, there's either Hamilton fans celebrating him as the second coming or if he has a bad of unlucky race they just end up laying into Button because he got the better of him. I find myself defending Button because he is outnumbered by Hamilton fans on these boards and gets a raw deal.

Thank you.

Inregards to your above paragraph. The same could be said when hamilton has an off race, the button fans come out of the wood work and start to get... insulting if im honest. Or going on about how button is the best because of one good more or one good race.

All that is fine but there's no balance to the posts probably from both sides, its all one extreme or the other, no inbetween. Thats what i want to change, but as i said i dont think some people will change, not sure if they want to.

There's not many of us on here, not in this particular section of 606 anyway, so really we should be quite close knit, but that isnt so.

Think we all need to just do a bit of growing up and stop spouting p00p to wind eachother up.

Hug

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

fernando wrote:Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting made.
Posting something deliberately inflamatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties.
Behaviour which is continually disruptive to the general membership of the forum

Can i Suggest making these as our private rules on top of the actual forum rules?

Sorry Fernando was typing when you posted that.

Im sure we can all get your point from what you've said above. I and i hope others, apologies for the disruption on the forum. Fingers crossed the current mentality on the forum change.

I dunno if its worth getting people to post "yes" in this thread just as a sort of agreement that they will improve the forum (as signatures on paper arent possible) [shrug]

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

I think their simple enough to stick to.

I don't mind the debating but when it's just constant bashing of drivers it just becomes a pain in the ass.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

fernando wrote:
I don't mind the debating but when it's just constant bashing of drivers it just becomes a pain in the ass.

My thoughts exactly. What caused that is people being unable to see and accept/acknowledge both sides of the argument. Im not going to go into names we've all read the posts.

Thats it from me im not saying any more on the subject, you know where i now stand. But imo of course, im not a mod, if people dont change they need to be banned from the forum.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

Look I'm a Hamilton fan and i aint gonna deny it but i state fact in my arguments and inform people of there lack of knowledge. If hamilton's had a bad race (which lets admit it) he has then i will accept it etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

John wrote:Look I'm a Hamilton fan and i aint gonna deny it but i state fact in my arguments and inform people of there lack of knowledge. If hamilton's had a bad race (which lets admit it) he has then i will accept it etc. i

Which is fair enough mate, i think sometimes its how people put their points across. Im fully aware of people's narrow mindedness.. it was them that prompted me to start this thread to begin with.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

fernando wrote:Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting made.

I always try to abide by these rules as a matter of course, but have to admit to making less-than-polite comments about other users, normally ones guilty of what I see as posting deliberately inflammatory / idiotic comments.

Matter of fact, I do wish the Mods and Admins would enforce the rules more rigorously, given the amount of rubbish I've seen (mainly here and in the Tennis forum).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

🤦

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

So much for all this then guys,

also because im very annoyed its been 2 weeks and we're back to where we were.

so now the next person to step out of line is going to be killed

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

i wrote something about this on another topic. i've been here for a while and there's really only person who sticks out like a sore thumb and i think everyone knows who this individual is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

Read your PM John

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

I find myself defending Hamilton as well because he gets more abuse than anyone else, even when they make the exact same mistakes.

I consider myself an unbiased observer. All I want is to enjoy a good race and I do not hate/dislike any driver, including Senor Diaz who I think is a great driver.

I'm just tired of the nonsense that get's posted here by he-who-must-not-be-named. He did the same thing on 606 with his 99 alter egos and has started the same thing here.

Would be great if we could have proper debate without the driver bashing
(I know i've been guilty of Vettel bashing)

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

Agree. I support lewis, but again do not hate any driver. I may not support them but certainly do not hate them.

We all have drivers we support and will stick up for them when necessary. But at the same time we're willing to criticise that driver when they need to be.There are others who are not hamilton fans but who seem to be able to give a balanced unbiased view on things and even praise hamilton or anyother driver for that matter when deserved.

Dyrewolf for example - he's not a hamilton fan and does criticise him when he feels necessary, but not to the extent of showing hatred. He has also praised hamilton.

I just want to be able to have an adult debate about a race a driver a crash without it getting personal towards an individual.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

@Critical_Mass:

Thanks for your comment. I would just like to point out that I AM very much a fan of Hamilton's (as well as Button's). I just try to be objective and will say so, if I feel they've make mistakes.

I actually get quite frustrated when Lewis gets involved in incidents, because they do hurt his standings badly and often ruin his races. I'd love to see him challenging for the lead as much as any other fan of his. I'd also like to see him drive a lot more cleanly, as it seems someone in the FIA has it in for him. He needs to stop giving them chances to penalise him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down