The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September

+3
oldparwin
Mercurio
tarka
7 posters

Go down

Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September Empty Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September

Post by tarka Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Had an absolute mare of a round and came last with a measly 14pts, this was after comming 3rd at Frilford heath out of 80 with 34pts only six weeks ago. Needless to say i cam last and was mortified

I am the bald guy with the navy Galvin green wind top, I am wearing no hat.

You can see from the photos the caddies, It was a really great day apart from my performance.

In one of the photos you can see me taking a seven iron from a fairway bunker and the ball still being there. I was a disgrace!

https://picasaweb.google.com/117651297299877988508/20110909AllianceHealthCareGOTY?authkey=Gv1sRgCPzu8pqXh932JA&feat=email

All the Best
Tarka

tarka

Back to top Go down

Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September Empty Re: Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September

Post by Mercurio Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

Callaway x22s?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September Empty Re: Royal Lytham St Annes photos - 6th September

Post by tarka Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

x22r what ever that means!

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:34 pm

no mate they are actually x18r, just gave myself an upgrade there

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

tarka wrote:no mate they are actually x18r, just gave myself an upgrade there

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/237853-callaway-x-18r/page__hl__X18

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

bought them about 2 yrs ago after I had started playing for £250 off the rack second hand, my next set will be custom fit, all woods are tour edge exotics. My swing is iffy so I have to wait to get new irons but they are two short as I am 6ft2

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

It is a bloody awful feeling, gearing yourself up to play in a big comp, on a stunning course, and your golf just does not want to play.

Been there and had the same experience, so I know how gutted you must feel Sorry

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Indeed, commiserations Tarka, been there myself, went up to Royal Dornoch earlier this year, full of promise and shot 94, net 87 and I was thoroughly disgusted with myself, it happens...but there will be a good day lurking somewhere to balance it out Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

I empathise too - have been in not-too-dissimilar situation 3 times this year.

It's easy to say things like we should just enjoy the day out at a top class course, be grateful for the privilege of being able-bodied enough to play the game etc. But it's so difficult to walk the talk when we seem to inexplicably forget how to swing a club. And would actually like to break a few.

Hope your next time out turns out to be a happier occasion.

PS: I use X22 irons; they seem to agree with me quite well except perhaps the sand wedge
PPS: do you happen to be connected to the Tarka Tennis Centre in N Devon, out of interest? I only know of the place from family members who live around there.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

No I am the original tarka, named after the tarka trail in Devon, which I spotted the morning I joined the forum, I thought it would be out of order to call myself my other nickname big boz

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Tarka, forget the bunker.
More worryingly there's on picture where you've had a swing and ball is still on the tee!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:Tarka, forget the bunker.
More worryingly there's on picture where you've had a swing and ball is still on the tee!

practice swing cheeky, glad they never had a picture of when I sliced a 4w into the houses over the railway line. I heard a crumple sound, the sound of possibly ball to bonnet of a vintage bugatti. Never heard anyone come out but stupidly the ball had my initials on it.

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

tarka wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:Tarka, forget the bunker.

practice swing cheeky, glad they never had a picture of when I sliced a 4w into the houses over the railway line. I heard a crumple sound, the sound of possibly ball to bonnet of a vintage bugatti. Never heard anyone come out but stupidly the ball had my initials on it.

Schoolboy error!! laughing

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down