The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next...

+5
Smirnoffpriest
sodhat
Davie
jro786
GillesSimon
9 posters

Go down

Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next... Empty Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next...

Post by GillesSimon Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

and whenever a team are in crisis Bolton always gives them a kick-start and an easy win. Yahoo

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next... Empty Re: Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next...

Post by jro786 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:02 pm

hmm

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next... Empty Re: Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next...

Post by Davie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

The Arsenal situation is bad - but maybe not as bad as people make out

Even in the fiasco at Old Trafford we scored twice and could have had another 2 or 3 more. Scored 3 away at Blackburn. Neither of those stats are too shabby. Once we stop shipping goals for fun then things won't be so bad

Despite the embarrasment of Old Trafford I thought the home defeat to Liverpool was the worst result so far.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

Played well enough against Blackburn, but yes, comical defending is going to continue to blight this season for the Gunners I think.

They needed someone more solid than Mertesacker, someone like Cahill, Jagielka or any other experienced premiership defender. Koscielny continues to perform poorly whenever I see him!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Arsenal defending maybe comical right now but it`s got nothing on the Bolton defence. Two words ZAT KNIGHT laughing

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

I think things will settle down in the next month - I just hope we aren't too far behind by that time.

If we're still in dire straights by Jan then I expect a lot of (panic) buying and some heavy reinforcements to come in.

Hopefully Vermalean won't suffer anymore injuries and that will help our defence settle. If we have Szczenzy, Sagna, Mertersacker, Vermalaen, Santos, Song, Wiltshire, Ramsey/Arteta, Gervinho, RVP, Walcott/Arshavin then that's a pretty good side with some pretty good tacklers in there.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:28 pm

GillesSimon wrote:and whenever a team are in crisis Bolton always gives them a kick-start and an easy win. Yahoo
Well Wenger did say that Arsenal's season started when they played Swansea and that was not easy. A poor Bolton team still will be no pushovers for Arsenal.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

how long till wenger gets the sack :p

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

Bolton drop Zat Knight and hey presto Bolton win. laughing

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

cricketfan90 wrote:how long till wenger gets the sack :p

Quite a while - I imagine he's more likely to retire/move on in 5 years or so

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

GSimon - when will David Wheater get regular games for Bolton? Thought he was a top defender when he was at Mboro

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

nice name clunge!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

Clunge4life wrote:GSimon - when will David Wheater get regular games for Bolton? Thought he was a top defender when he was at Mboro

Cahill and Wheater should start all games IMO.

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Don`t worry Arsenal fans, Bolton next... Empty Arsenal v Bolton first 6 pointer of the season!

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

Bolton have won only 3 games in 17, Arsenal not much better. A definate 6 pointer. Who will keep their nerve in this bottom 4 clash?
Shocked

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

I'm merging this thread with your other one and the exact same topic. If you don't stop this OTT bias against Bolton, I and the other mods will quickly run out of patience.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Not only should they drop Zat i think Jaaskelainen and K Davies have been pretty poor since last season... Arsenal's only great player these days is VanPersie, and i'm struggling to name another.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down