The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren Announcement!!

+25
The genius of PBF
tcribb
Josiah Maiestas
Michaels, Sean
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Waingro
coxy0001
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
Scottrf
Steffan
Adam D
Sugar Boy Sweetie
The Galveston Giant
School Project
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
HumanWindmill
Fists of Fury
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
BALTIMORA
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Frank Warren Announcement!! - Page 2 Empty Frank Warren Announcement!!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey lads!!

A friend has just got word that Frank Warren has called a Press Conference for all his fighters to attend in London.

Rumour has it, its going to be an annoucement that he will be withdrawing all his future fights from Sky and moving to BoxNation (Channel: 456 of Sky Platform).

More to follow......
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Announcement!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Warren Announcement!!

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm

Steffan wrote:Where has Imperial 'Meldrew' Ghosty gone then?
606v2.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Frank is going to leave sky then it seems, i just hope it doesn't marginalise his fighters and lead to less exposure to general armchair public. The sport needs it.

Think that's exactly what it will do. Sky Sports has the platform and marketing power to build a fighter until he's PPV worthy (if such a thing exists). Channels like PrimeTime and BoxNation are looking to capitalise on a quick buck by putting PPV events on but don't have that same platform to build a fighter, and can't deliver a quality product. PrimeTime for example has no free to air cards, no HD and poor quality punditry. I can't imagine how defecting his stable to a small, independent set up like BoxNation is going to benefit fighters such as DeGale, Groves, Cleverly etc long term compared to the exposure they'd benefit from with Sky. If this network does a Setanta will Sky welcome Fwank back with open arms? Unlikely. Warren is the first to moan about lack of loyalty when a fighter deserts him, but this just shows that he's as much of a quick buck chasing mercenary as anyone else in the sport. Ultimately it's the fans and the sport that suffers.

OK Kev, bookmark it and if the announcement turns out to be a defection to BoxNation you'll already have my opinion! (Although you'll probably get it again, I don't need much prompting to moan about this kind of thing).

A bit premature lads their is nothing going on by the looks of it.

I wasn't having a pop mate.

I agree with you about the theory on boxnation being monthly subscription it would be terrible for boxing in this country. I think Reeborn made the whole thing up their is nothing out their about this and Warren has a contract with Sky until next summer.

I know kev - not having a pop either - I really hope the rumour is wrong and that you're right with regard to the whole twitter thing. Good point about warren being contracted to sky til next summer, I think the same applies to matchroom, and hatton too, which secures this seasons fights, but with these independent ppv platforms popping up all over the place I do worry about the long term future of boxing viewing in this country.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I wasn't having a pop mate.

I agree with you about the theory on boxnation being monthly subscription it would be terrible for boxing in this country. I think Reeborn made the whole thing up their is nothing out their about this and Warren has a contract with Sky until next summer.
He hasn't made anything up. Steve Zemach has announced it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:I wasn't having a pop mate.

He hasn't made anything up. Steve Zemach has announced it.

Someone might want to tell some of Warrens fighters then because they seem clueless along with his son Francis who told Tony Bellew he knew nothing about it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

You believe Warren's son? Word is his fighters are meeting him tomorrow.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:You believe Warren's son? Word is his fighters are meeting him tomorrow.

He never told me he told Tony Bellew it was just rumours nothing in it. Jane Couch said she had spoke to Warren and it was nonsense.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

Maybe, we will see. It's clearly his channel whether he's moving his fighters to it or not.

Plus, Cleverly vs Bellew doesn't have a TV slot yet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:56 pm

It needs to be Sky Warrens contract won't let him promote a fight on another channel and Bellew was in the Sky studio the other night talking about the Clev fight.

It just seems a bit premature to be talking about Frank jumping ship. Although just now boxnation is a pretty pointless channel. It;'s been showing the same 10 or so fights since it started a couple of months ago.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

Depends on the nature of the contract.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

Remember with Hatton and the Khan vs McCloskey under card he had to give up his promotional rights to the show because he wasn't allowed to work on another network. Hatton does stream live stuff on youtube he did a show on Friday that was pretty good. Did you see it?

They may have different contracts though. As a boxing fan I think a monthly PPV boxing channel would be good as long as it's not just Franks fighters on it if he could pick up some of the HBO and Showtime shows that Sky or the others don't it could be good. But I can't help feel it pushes the sport further away from the general public at a time when we have just got the sport back on terrestrial T.V
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

Yeah, that's true, the rumours seem pretty strong though. No, haven't caught any of those yet.

I'm pretty sure I wont be able to access the channel on Virgin anyway.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

do we actually know whats happening here or not?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:58 pm

According to Jane Couch their is a press conference called for Thursday but it won't have all Franks fighters just Kevin Mitchell and Ricky Burns. Sounds like it's to confirm Burns fight with Katsidis and a fight for Mitchell.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:06 am

who would mitchell be taking on now then? there was rumours about rios a while back but that isnt WBO

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:23 am

Not got a clue. Rios is apparently up for it but I can't see him coming over here.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:02 am

i think theres a decent chance if the moneys right. we know mitchell sells over here and for a world title he could fill up west hams stadium again. especially against an exciting fighter like rios would be a fight id love to watch

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Upton park was nowhere near full when he fought Katsidis two stands were empty.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Upton park was nowhere near full when he fought Katsidis two stands were empty.

And there's a "once bitten, twice shy" argument on top of that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

According to FW website there's a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT due tomorrow.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:According to FW website there's a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT due tomorrow.

Sorry, its a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Union Cane wrote:According to FW website there's a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT due tomorrow.

He might have found the £20 i dropped on the floor at the weekend and wants his reward of a pack of fruit pastels and a diet coke

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

It's going abut twitter now that Box nation will be about £10 a month and will have a big show every weekend and lots from the U.S and more. Sounds good but another £10 a month on top of subscription costs for Sky already is a kick in the balls.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:27 pm

prettyboykev wrote:It's going abut twitter now that Box nation will be about £10 a month and will have a big show every weekend and lots from the U.S and more. Sounds good but another £10 a month on top of subscription costs for Sky already is a kick in the balls.
Don't worry, a poster on here has assured us it's all made up so nothing to worry about!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:29 pm

prettyboykev wrote:It's going abut twitter now that Box nation will be about £10 a month and will have a big show every weekend and lots from the U.S and more. Sounds good but another £10 a month on top of subscription costs for Sky already is a kick in the balls.

Gutted if this is true, as you say the Sky bill is already a bit stiff, given Golden Boy appear to be throwing their lot in with Primetime can expect four or five shows a year from them at £15 a pop that will justify buying, add another £120 for Box Nation and this is terrible news. Why is boxing singled out for being shafted in this way. Pretty much every other sport you can buy a Sky box and sports package and see everything no matter how big an event.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

rowley wrote:

Gutted if this is true, as you say the Sky bill is already a bit stiff, given Golden Boy appear to be throwing their lot in with Primetime can expect four or five shows a year from them at £15 a pop that will justify buying, add another £120 for Box Nation and this is terrible news. Why is boxing singled out for being shafted in this way. Pretty much every other sport you can buy a Sky box and sports package and see everything no matter how big an event.
Doubt I'll be able to get it on Virgin anyway, they don't allow channels like this. Questionably legal streaming it is.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Dunno why boxing is doing this all the time is there really a need for being so greedy? I cannot afford to pay all this.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Don't worry, a poster on here has assured us it's all made up so nothing to worry about!

Jane Couch said it was nonsense I went with her she knows all! An hour later she says it could be true then today a lot of people are talking about it on twitter although none are Warren fighters or his sons. I still think it would be a shock Sky have the power to hype a fight to the general public with this channel Warren doesn't have that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Jane Couch said it was nonsense I went with her...

Shocked

vomit

laughing
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:

Doubt I'll be able to get it on Virgin anyway, they don't allow channels like this. Questionably legal streaming it is.

Scott genuinely try not to watch streams as I don't really agree with it and have only ever done it when a fight is not being shown over here at all but you can hardly blame fans if they are driven to watching streams. Can you imagine the uproar if football fans were treated like this. If Sky showed all of the champions league but stuck the final on box office at £15 there would be uproar.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

rowley wrote:Scott genuinely try not to watch streams as I don't really agree with it and have only ever done it when a fight is not being shown over here at all but you can hardly blame fans if they are driven to watching streams. Can you imagine the uproar if football fans were treated like this. If Sky showed all of the champions league but stuck the final on box office at £15 there would be uproar.
Well they tried charging for Prem games but no one bought it so they stopped...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

Best not be!! Am movin house soon and switchin to Virgin!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:Scott genuinely try not to watch streams as I don't really agree with it and have only ever done it when a fight is not being shown over here at all but you can hardly blame fans if they are driven to watching streams. Can you imagine the uproar if football fans were treated like this. If Sky showed all of the champions league but stuck the final on box office at £15 there would be uproar.
Well they tried charging for Prem games but no one bought it so they stopped...

Can only hope the same happens here, is tough as a fan though having to endure the 12 month or so for the idea to die a death when you don't get to see the fights.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Union Cane wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Jane Couch said it was nonsense I went with her...

Shocked

vomit

laughing

Couch knows all..... Usually Very Happy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

That's the problem I have, Jeff.

As much as I don't agree with it, I can't bring myself to not watch the fights. It just isn't the same when you don't see it live.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

It will be ideal for me. Missus has just got rid of most Sky channels, reckons she's saving £30 month not having Sky Sports alone.......

I reckon £10 / month would suit. If it was a decent channel like.

It actually makes sense for boxing. Shares the wealth a bit more.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

Problem for me Sean is I don't really want to get rid of Sky sports to cover the costs of this as I still want to see the cricket, football, darts and other stuff, but boxing is my first love. However simply can't justify once you chuck in a PPV here and there an average bill of £80+ for TV a month which it will be fast approaching if this is true.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

rowley wrote:Problem for me Sean is I don't really want to get rid of Sky sports to cover the costs of this as I still want to see the cricket, football, darts and other stuff, but boxing is my first love. However simply can't justify once you chuck in a PPV here and there an average bill of £80+ for TV a month which it will be fast approaching if this is true.

True.

What if the idea is to do away with PPV in the UK? I guess if you get somewhere approaching 500k subscribers, they'd be able to out bid a lot of channels.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

Yeah Sean but that is long term at the minute it appears GBP are in with Primetime which means every Khan, Mayweather and Alvarez fight will be on there at £15 a pop. Would imagine if it is even possible would be an age until Box Nation get up to 500,000 subscribers and had the buying power to pretty much be a one stop shop for all boxing in this country.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Whats the announcement?

I reckon he'll pull his mask (face) off and reveal Lord Lucan had infact been posing as a frog-man since the 90's.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

On Twitter now that Fwank is launching a £10 per month tv channel.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

My views on this whole thing have been aired above but suffice to say has already led to one fairly uncomfortable exploaratory conversation with the sainted Mrs Rowley.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

Wonderful news if true, as Sean said I'd be be happy to drop sky like a sack of spuds. Sixty odd quid a month for Saturday fight night and the odd US fight isn't good value, was once a football fan but now the overpaid twerps have spoilt that with the bunch of silly fans. Enjoy the cricket but with the obsession of the school playground game 20/20 becoming ever so popular I'd be happy to miss that.

Seems Sky would rather push the absolute travesty of Prizefighter every month, a totally dreadful angle of the sport, I've seen better fights over the darts and dominoes in the social club league.

£6 for At the races, £10 for the boxing, jobs a good'un. Might even treat the wife to Living.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

tcribb wrote:

Might even treat the wife to Living.

Steady on there old chap, it's not that good news

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

tcribb your a true gentleman. Very Happy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

rowley wrote:
tcribb wrote:

Let me just say, I'm glad this channel came out in time, and someone report him to the authorities.

The writing was on the wall from his first post though I think.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

rowley wrote:
tcribb wrote:

I guess the thought of saving 50 sheets maybes went slightly to my head.

I ll treat her to a new knitting needle instead.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

Warren press conference 12:30, his website, live stream.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

Okay, thank you Scott, could it be something like Warren is handing the running of day to day business, to both his sons?
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

Hope not, I have to take a shower every time I even see those creeps.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

Who cares about Frank Warren

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next