The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils

4 posters

Go down

Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils Empty Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Gregers Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Welcome to the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, one of the two homes of the Kings XI Punjab.

Form

KXIP - DW
DD - DL

Pitch Conditions: The PCA wicket is going to be full of pace and bounce. Slightly green on top and so the fast bowlers will have a great time. Spin will be less effective but the slower bowlers might have a part to play in slowing the run rate.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils Empty Re: Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

dave warner will like the pace and bounce in the pitch, but kings eleven seamers may get him early..intresting match in prosepct

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils Empty Re: Week 3 - Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

not going to make many changes from my last team. Kieswetter will come in, probably for Collingwood, who won't be so effective on this pitch. Also thinking about picking Stuart Clark and dropping RTD to get another quality seamer in there...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

Might suit me this pitch, have Anderson, Aaron and Morkel and my batsmen enjoy the ball coming onto the bat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Delhi Tactics

Team.
1 - V. Sehwag (C)
2 - T. Iqbal (O)(u25)
3 - D. Warner (O)(u25)
4 - J. Taylor (O)(u25)
5 - S. Asnodkar (I)
6 - I. Pathan (I)
7 - Naman Ojha (I) (wk)
8 - G. Gaikwad (I)
9 - M. Morkel (O)
10 - J. Anderson (O)
11 - V. Aaron (I) (u25)

----------------

Selection - Anderson and Tamim return due to the nature of the pitch.

Toss - Bowl first.

Bowling - Bowling first so my seamers can utilise the pitch and set the platform for the long batting order to chase a restricted Kings XI total. Morkel and Anderson will open the bowling, capitalising on the bounce and the friendly conditions. Morkel will be replaced by the rapid Aaron after 2 overs, whilst Anderson will bowl his 4 straight through, subjecting the Kings XI top order to 8 overs of quality pace bowling. Anderson and Aaron (after 2) will make way for Irfan Pathan and Ganesh who will share 4 overs a piece. Aaron and Morkel will return for the final 4, Morkel bowling the final over. I'm hoping my seamers restrict Kings to a total in the region of 130.

Over allocation.

Morne Morkel 4 (1,3,18,20)
James Anderson 4 (2,4,6,8)
Irfan Pathan 4 (9,11,13,15)
Ganesh Gaikwad (10,12,14,16)
Varun Aaron 4 (5,7,17,19)

Batting - Sehwag and Tamim will open and look to negotiate testing conditions with a counterpunch blitz, scoring quickly to give us a solid start to the chase, both men like the ball coming on to the bat, as does David Warner who will come in at 3. James Taylor ability to score runs speaks for itself whilst Asnodkar, Pathan, Ojha and Gaikwad can all score if required chasing down the total easily whilst being able to see of the Kings' attack. Should wickets fall alot, Taylor will play the role of anchor, as he is an adaptable batsman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

very strong top order, and morkel, anderson and aaron will be handful on this pitch, very strong side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

still really tossing up about my team TBH, thinking about bringing Ryder in due to the conditions (tall batsmen will thrive on hard pitches) but that could mean leaving out Umar Akmal. A real mess this one Very Happy

Basically, KP Kieswetter Ganguly Karthik (D.) Chitnis all need to be in. Due to the nature of the pitch three seamers is a must so Gony, Zah plus one overseas (Clark or Woakes), and then Karthik/Sharma as the spinner. This leaves two places for Ryder, Akmal and RTD.

If I don't pick RTD my bowling is horribly weakened (would need to get through 4 overs of Ryder/Ganguly/KP), so it comes down to a choice between Ryder and Akmal in the end.

Sorry about the delay, still tossing up on this one Smile

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

mfc dont worry about the delay, teams havent gota be in till friday Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

I think Sainty has a strong looking team, but they are weaknesses there to be exploited Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:29 pm

not sure woakes will be hugely important on this pitch to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:45 am

I think Sehwag will struggle on this pitch.
Check his record in SA,NZ and England on similar pitches.
But apart from him Delhi would thrive on this pitch and I think Delhi look very strong over here on this pitch.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:55 am

varun aaron will love this pitch..

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Delhi's batting looks very top heavy but then again it may not matter with that top 3...

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:03 pm

Ah but you haven't seen my trump card to get rid of that top 3 GG: KP to open the bowling with himself! They'll be so busy laughing they won't even see the ball Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

intresting to see what batting line up kings eleven put out, to combat the delhi quicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

What do you mean by top heavy GG? The fact there's 3 openers there??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

mfc to be fair, kp is very useful with the ball, he gives it a good tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Team

Kieswetter (wk)
Karthik
Pietersen
Umar Akmal
Ganguly
Chitnis
RTD
Clark
Gony
Zaheer Khan
Sharma

selection: Kieswetter in for Collingwood, whose bowling wouldn't have been effective on this pitch, while Kieswetter's SA upbringing will serve him well on a fast bouncy wicket. Clark comes in for his experience which should allow him to enjoy the green conditions.

Toss - bowl first to take advantage of the good conditions.

Bowling tactics: Zaheer Khan to open the bowlin with Stuart Clark. With these two experienced operators enjoying favourable conditions we should be able to make early inroads into Delhi's top order. Sehwag's dismal record on any seamer friendly pitches means he won't be much of a threat, while we will also look to exploit Tamim and Warner's weaknesses against the moving ball. Gony replaces Zak after two overs, with Sharma replacing Clark after the PP. These two will look to work through DD's weaker middle-order, with RTD as back-up. Zaheer Khan and Gony at the death

Overs:
Zaheer Khan (2,4,18,20)
Clark (1,3,5,15)
Gony (6,8,17,19)
Sharma (7,9,11,13)
RTD (10,12,14,16)

Obviously, KP and Ganguly as back-up options.

Batting: Anderson has a poor T20 record, and his length ball is right into Kieswetter's hitting zone, so expect a few fireworks at the top of the innings. Karthik will play more of an anchor role, while Ganguly could come in above Akmal to stabilise things if we lose early wickets. KP and Kieswetter should particularly enjoy this wicket. We will look to really cash in on Pathan, whose bowling on this pitch should merely come onto the bat nicely, making him easy to hit.

Basically, my tactics are: bowlers make early inroads, reducing DD to a lowish score, and we have more than enough batting to chase that down comfortably.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

i think the delhi seam attack could ruin the kings batting line up, morkel, anderson and aaron will be tough prospect. Pace and bounce for aaron and morkel, tinge of green for anderson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

why isnt steve davies in your line up?

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

Sainty wrote:What do you mean by top heavy GG? The fact there's 3 openers there??

The fact that your best three batsmen are at 1,2 and 3.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:10 am

Kings XI to me look a better team overall.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down