The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

3 posters

Go down

Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

Welcome to the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, home of the Delhi Daredevils

Form

DD - DLW

PW - LWL

Pitch Conditions: A batting friendly pitch but with a slow outfield. Batsmen who can manoeuvre the ball into gaps for ones and twos will fare well. Later in the day spin may have a part to play if only in lowering the run rate.

-----

Please post tactics below:

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

James Taylor, come on down!

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 4 - Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

was just about to say taylor would be key in this game lol

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

Possible line up:

Akinjha Rahane - U25
Paul Valthaty
Virat Kohli - U25
Yuvraj Singh
Saruabh Tiwary - U25
Jos Buttler - U25 (wk)
Angelo Mathews - U25
Graeme Swann
Iqbal Abdulla - U25
Alfonso Thomas
Shaun Tait

Kohli/Rahane > Taylor... I can't do it! I love James Taylor too much! He can score a hundred and Pune will still win though. Very Happy

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

I'm looking at making a couple of changes for this game, might chuck a debut at Hauritz and bring Price in for a seamer. Andrew McDonald might get a run out as well, but don't want to weaken my top order massively...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

aaron could be effective on this pitch, he can bowl cutters which may be useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:aaron could be effective on this pitch, he can bowl cutters which may be useful.

Come on mate.He hasnt even palyed for India yet.Only played a couple of matches in the IPL last year.Why do you rate him so highly?When have you seen him bowl cutters?Is there any pitch in the world where he would not be effective?

Plz dont take these questions the wrong way.I am just asking you.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

To be honest, it's unlikely Aaron will play in light of the conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

Sainty wrote:To be honest, it's unlikely Aaron will play in light of the conditions.

thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

Official Pune side:

Akinjha Rahane - U25
Paul Valthaty
Virat Kohli - U25
Yuvraj Singh
Saruabh Tiwary - U25
Jos Buttler - U25 (wk)
Angelo Mathews - U25
Graeme Swann
Iqbal Abdulla - U25
Jade Dernbach - U25
Shaun Tait

Toss: Bat first.

If I win the toss I will bat first as I will look to take advantage of the batsman favoured conditions and post a big score first innings and then apply scoreboard pressure when the ball is turning in the second innings with my battery of class spinners.

Batting: My batting is filled with Indian players who know the conditions and can pace an innings beautifully and know what a good score is. Valthaty will go out flashing in an attempt to get us of to a flyer, and then with Virat and Rahane I have two high class players who can play to the conditions and push the ball into gaps and scuttle ones and twos, which is what the conditions dictate is a good strategy and this plays to my strengths, and run the Delhi fielders ragged. Then I can call on huge hitters like Buttler, Mathews and Tiwary, not forgetting one of the best in the world when on top, in Yuvraj Singh and all these players can clear the ropes and get me up to a huge score. With my batting depth, Iqbal Abdulla an all rounder batting nine, I should easily pass 180 in these favourable conditions and with my huge late order hitters 200 is not out of the question.

Bowling: With 180+ on the board, I can immediately start to place pressure on the explosive Delhi top order. I will open the bowling with Tait and Dernbach (who will only bowl one over) and look for early wickets. If Tait doesn't pick up and early wicket and looks like going for a few then Mathews and Swann will be introduced in PP overs. Mathews is a very clever bowler and can bowl cutters which will be hard to hit on this wicket and the explosive DD top 3 will struggle to get him away and will lose their wickets, hopefully. Then in the middle overs I will squeeze with my spinners and on a helpful pitch, Abdulla and Yuvraj will be very effective in keeping the rate down and then I have the best spinner in the world in Graeme Swann who will take wickets and keep the rate down. Obviously James Taylor will be good on this wicket, but ones and two won't be enough with my huge total on the board and if they need more than 9 or 10 an over at the death, they will have to try and slog Dernbach and this is when he is at his most effective and he will blow the tail away. Another key factor is that I have a very young fielding side and they will be quick on the ball and will keep potential twos down to ones which will keep pushing up the rate.

Tait - 1, 3, 17, 19
Dernbach - 2, 16, 18, 20
Mathews - 4, 6, 8, 10
Swann - 5, 7, 13, 15
Abdulla - 9, 11
Yuvraj - 12, 14

Note - Abdulla or Yuvraj can bowl more over instead of Mathews or Tait, depending on how expensive my seamers or how effective my spinners are. I have plenty of options so I can flip my bowlers around effectively.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Delhi Tactics.

Squad
1. Sehwag (C)
2. Warner
3. McDonald
4. Taylor
5. Jaffer
6. Pathan
7, N. Ojha (WK)
8. Dinda
9. Morkel
10. Price
11. Nadeem

Despite last weeks win, the conditions have induced changes with Andrew McDonald debuting , whilst Jaffer, Nadeem, Dinda and Price return to the squad.

Toss - Bat first

Batting - Scoring runs will prove to be a difficult task so I've opted for a mix of hitters and players who can move the ball around easily. Sehwag and Warner will try and induce a flying start from the powerplay overs, having the license to hit over the top whilst the fielders in. McDonald, Taylor and Jaffer all are able to accumalate without taking too many risks, whilst Pathan and Ojha are both able to score runs against varieties of attacks. I'll be looking at a total of 150/160ish all being well.

Bowling - I've change my attack a little this week, in Dinda and Morkel, I have two seamers who will hit the pitch hard at the start and give the warriors a rough beginning. McDonald is also a capable seamer and will get his chance to bowl, bowling a consistent line and length to keep the rate down. However, Nadeem and Price are vital for the reply, as both of them provide quality spin which can both shackle batsmen and induce mistakes leading to wickets. As well as this Pathan can bowl and his taking the pace off will lead to the Pune batsmen having to play. Morkel and Dinda or McDonald will bowl the death overs.

Morkel - 4
Dinda - 4
McDonald - 4
Nadeem - 2
Price - 4
Pathan - 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:41 am

suprised there's no tamim in this side for this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

Thinking was that he's more of a boundary hitter and the slow outfield may neitralise that side of his game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down