The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bidding page for National League players

+6
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
Ozzy3213
Driver
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bidding page for National League players - Page 6 Empty Bidding page for National League players

Post by Driver Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is the page where bids will be made for players playing in England who have been released by there Premiership club or are playing outside the top flight.

Here is the clarification on these rules

1.The player must be playing in England when the bid is made.

2.If the player is playing outside of England but is EQ a bid can only be made during the foreign window but WILL NOT count against you bid allocation.

3.Bids must be present this way

'Club X' would like to bid '£x' for the player 'X' from Club 'x'.

I will monitor all bids and accept/reject them at 10pm the following day after they have been made

CURRENT BIDS

Sam Tomkins - Newcastle Falcons - £9.5m

Joel Tomkins - Newcastle Falcons -£5m

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Bidding page for National League players - Page 6 Empty Re: Bidding page for National League players

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

So are we saying everybody's academy players not listed are fair game???

Those players belong to the club ?? Why can't I bring through my young players???

We signed up to play a game with rules. Changing them on a whim by driver Ia plain wrong

Back to top Go down

Bidding page for National League players - Page 6 Empty Re: Bidding page for National League players

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

After telling SJE he needed to bid on him as an EQ foreign player?

Seem to remember a similar incident with a lock I tried to sign and 3 mins later he magically appeared in your squad.

Not stupid Chris....just factual.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

Oh that one - the guy I signed on domestics, which was confirmed by those in charge. I didnt put him into my squad straight away because I was working stupid hours at the time.

You should really think before calling people a cheat Pooly - think its appalling saying that. You have been taking constant digs at me, my players, team etc for months.

So please do carry on if that's what you want to do - not really sure why you do it, but if that's what floats your boat who am I to stop you.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

My issue is that why should academy players be fair game??? We had open season before and it did not work.

Basically if a playee is a Gloucester academy player then he should be mine.

Same as any falcons player in their academy is yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

anonmattyt wrote:So are we saying everybody's academy players not listed are fair game???

Those players belong to the club ?? Why can't I bring through my young players???

We signed up to play a game with rules. Changing them on a whim by driver Ia plain wrong

Matt your academy is fine , the academys are locked for the moment whilst i make i spreadsheet of all of the academys.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

Your players and team?!?!? What are you going in about?

You bid on the lock and was never accepted or confirmed. I bid on him and you added him to your squad.... Think we proved your cheating that time Chris as I ended up signing him.

Just play the game straight and I'll have zero problem with you. I have a thing about people who cheat.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

Driver - RIP 606 wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:So are we saying everybody's academy players not listed are fair game???

Matt your academy is fine , the academys are locked for the moment whilst i make i spreadsheet of all of the academys.

Cheers driver

If I want to add some glos youngsters to it do I need to confirm them ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:43 pm

Yeah but can you wait till i give you the thumbs up and provide a link with some evidence fella just to avoid another one of these scenarios.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:49 pm

No problem we have some top talent I want to add but keep forgetting to

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

Producing plenty of start dust Glaws of late. I remember going down to Hartpury to watch West in the cup and Jonny May played 12 and ripped West a new one. Ran home an intercept was a right screamer!

Will try and find you a match report!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

But all backs !!! We have a few props and second rows in the latest batch should see a few in the eng u20s and 18s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm

How's Vickery getting on at Cinderford Matt?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:20 pm

Only turned up week or 2 before Xmas and really stays in the back ground. He is with us to fast track his badges and because he
Lives nearby.

I don't get down there that often with now playing and coaching in
Bristol and watching glos when possible however I was back for
Drinks at Xmas and they all said he is good for the club.

He is a top chap so no doubts will do well. Especially as we have such a young side.

Think winning master chef had gone to his head lol. None of us who have known each other for
about 19 Years
got Xmas cards from
Him this year. He must be the only man I know who sends Xmas cards its what women do!! He literally started sending them when we were in under 17s or 18s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

Vickery sends out Xmas cards.....never seen that one coming. He's comes across as quite soft natured on tv, raging bull has to be an ironic nickname?!?!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

He also smokes roll ups and always has. A really diverse character loves doing dry stone walling and plastering also. Not your typical prop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

What's the bidding for Harrison at?!?!

Harrison - 2m

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Its at 3.15m with me to be decided on at 10 tonight unless outbidded thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

I'm out then Sad

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

Harrison 4.5m

Hes been ruled EQ so doesnt count as the u20 player Chris i've already asked Driver

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

Well where are you buying him from, as clearly you could only be buying him from my academy!?! As otherwise he'd be from NZ and would need to go across in foreigns.

I havent done anything wrong with this - are we going to be taking out all players from academies that came across in the same way?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

Hes EQ abroad Chris as you know so im bidding for him where those bids have been made in the past.

Also you havent enough budget to bid 5m as you have a bid in for Fofana!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

Ruling has been made Chris, please play the game to the rules or it spoils it for everyone.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:13 am

I've released players - so £5m I have.

Sorry but find this whole thing absolutely ridculous - the guy is in the Saints Academy just like ANY other player comes into the academy - are we taking Billy Vunipola out of Wasps academy because he came from Bristol? Because if this decision happens then it sets a precedent for all other academies.

I am sorry that I did not know the ins and outs when you originally bid for him - I would have bid for him myself but because of how the rules were at the time I couldn't. I did not know he was already signed up for the Saints academy then, he's done exactly the same as Dylan Hartley and how he came across to Saints. He's been long-term signed up for them, so at the time of your orginal bid he was a Saints player.

Fine if you want to go through with it then absolutely fine. Withdraw my interest in Harrison - have him for £5m.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

Pooly, with all due respect this has nothing to do with you - so please refrain from commenting - or will you decide that Im cheating again.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

It's part of the game so it has to do with everyone. I know that you like to "bend the rules" so I'm just taking an interest.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

If your withdrawing your interest then my 4.5m bid stands

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

Haven't actually done anything wrong - think its a joke that you called me a cheat on this game, but really not surprised. Think you take this game way to seriously and I haven't bent the rules - look at where my team is in the league, you'd think I would do a little better if I was such a cheat.

At every opportunity you take a dig - its getting incredibly boring - so in future I am not actually going to respond to your comments that look to wind me up, or criticise my team etc. If you want to keep on acting like you have been then please feel free to do so, but in my mind you crossed a line when you said that I was a cheat and I think its inexcusable behaviour.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

SJE in all honesty really could give a toss - have him for £2m! Ignore all my bids.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:30 am

Dry your eye's Chris, it's a game ffs.

Just play by the rules (which you don't) and we'll be fine.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:33 am

If thats the case back to my original bid 1.15m to be finished up tonight at 10 since its their since yesterday

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:33 pm

I presume James Phillips is now mine for £6.5 million as Pooly withdrew yesterday, will stick it on confirms.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:34 pm

Yeah he is Pete
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

Michael Mayhew 3mil
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

Guess I can confirm Mayhew?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

And me Harrison?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

0.4m for Leeds Carnige Chris Walker
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

He's with Worcester

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

Are me and SirJ ok with ours driver?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

Yes you guys are
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

Cool ta!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

Marker

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:02 am

Exeter confirm the signing of Chris Walker
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Driver if its Chris Walker the backrower (possibly from Leeds) I am sure that he is already in Props academy. I was looking through at signing him before but then didn't because he was already in a squad.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

He is already in props academy. he is one of the players he took with him from Leeds when relegated.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

Woops my bad!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:34 pm

Harlequins bid 5 mil for Chris Brooker

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:01 am

a

Last edited by dammit_chris on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

£1.5m for Oliver Rosillo

Cancelled my bid for pirates no8 above

Last edited by dammit_chris on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 12 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

Is my Brooker bid okay?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

Steven, I used to do the domestic bids -so as Driver is on a course this week I am happy to step in again on this.

As I understand the new rules are that you have to wait until 10pm the day after your bid (e.g. not just 24 hours), so if no one else bids by then I would say he'd be yours.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next