The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Voting Page

+4
GG
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
Gregers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 - Voting Page Empty Week 4 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 10:29

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 4 Matches

Match 1 - Kochi Tuskers vs Mumbai Indians - MI win Toss

Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings - DC win Toss

Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors - DD win Toss

Match 4 - Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders - RR win Toss

Match 5 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab - KXIP win Toss

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Voting Page Empty Re: Week 4 - Voting Page

Post by Guest Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 10:31

yay i finally won a toss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 12:41

Haha cf typical that you finally win a toss but it's on a pitch where toss isn't as important.

I'll post my votes tomorrow fellas

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 17:47

Match 1 - Are we voting on this match yet?

Match 2 - CSK win - Quite easy too call, althought it will not be easy for CSK batting second as on a pitch turning square Deccan's lesser spinners will be able to play a bigger role, see Josh Cobb in Finals Day, but the CSK attack will have done too much damage and will scrape over the line by 3 wickets.

Match 3 - No vote.

Match 4 - KKR to win - Touch match to call, but for me the hitter of KKR top the hitters of RR in a high scoring game. Ishant is expensive and despite Warne bringing them back into it KKR get over the line thanks to the strong middle order of Mogs, Razzaq and Pathan.

Match 5 - Kings XI to win - Closest match of the week for me. Think RCB are a batsman light in the line up with Jadeja up at 6 and O Keefe at 7. But with the firepower of Broad and Johnson may make up for this. But with no swing I think Johnson and Praveen may be a little expensive, and Praveen doesn't suit the pitch very well so I think KIngs XI just get over the line to win this one.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 22:26

Match 2 - CSK win. Their spinners restrict Deccan and then their batting is carried by Dhoni who sees them home to win by 3 wickets.

Match 3 - DD win. Their experienced batting line up sees them to a decent total before their bowlers in particular Price restricts PW to about 10 runs short.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 11:46

Match 1: Mumbai vs kochi : Mumbai get off to a flyer with the erratic akhtar spraying the ball around, trying to get sachin out Wink....Mumbai dominate and hit 170, and the mumbai bowling attack knock kochi over for around 120
Match 2: My Match

Match 3: Delhi vs Pune: Tough game to call. Delhi get off to a flyer, with Sehwag and warner hitting the ball round the park, the middle order nudge the ball around keeping the rate going, but wickets fall quickly towards the end, and delhi post 155.Pune have a comfortbale run chase in the end, They have good balance between hitters and nudgers, and apart from morkel, the delhi bowling lacks penetration. PUNE WIN

Match 4: RR vs KKR: Shane Watson gets RR off to a flyer enjoying pace on the ball. The kkr spinners control the rate in the middle overs, but rr still manage to get to the 150 mark. RR take early wickets through junaid khan and ishant sharma, Razzaq and Pathan try to rebuild the innings, but RR's spinners warne, botha and menaria, also helped by watson's cutters finish it off, and KKR fall 25 runs short RAJASHTAN WIN

Match 5: Kings eleven get off to a slow start with RCB tearing through the top order, with a strong bowling attack. The innings gets slightly rebuilt, but kings only post 140. Kings get early wickets through kartik, but RCB with their strong batting line up, cruise home by 5 wickets RCB WIN

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:09

cricketfan90 wrote:the delhi bowling lacks penetration.

Can't believe I've just read that!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:20

I think Delhi attack is good enough on this surface but Pune batting isd strong.Really tough choice Headscratch

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:44

Sainty wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:the delhi bowling lacks penetration.

Can't believe I've just read that!

morne morkel would be potent on this pitch, but price is a containing bowler, nadeem isnt threatning, and pathan isnt effectvie any more

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:49

Sainty
CF is a bit upset you left that you left out his favourite bowler Varun Aaron laughing

(CF,just joking mate,dont get angry lol)

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:50

Bore off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:50

Match 2- Chennai win- Spinners just too good for Deccan's batsman as they limp to 120, Ajmal, Afridi and Mendis picking two each. Tahir gives Deccan a punters chance but Dhoni takes over and Chennai reach the target in 16 overs.

Match 3- Pune win- Rahane and Valhalty start well for Pune before Morkel strikes with 2 in a over. After a quiet few overs a counter attack from Singh and Buttler begins as Pune push on, hitting from Matthews also at the end sees Pune reach 160. DD's top order gives them a flying start but some tight overs in the middle from Swann and then Dernbach see's DD fall 10 runs short.

Match 4- KKR win- Tough game to call but i'm edging towards KRR. RR lack of firepower cost as they only reach 150. Shakib and Ojha dangerous with the ball. KKR start poor but come back thanks to some help from Morgan KKR reach the target with a over remaining.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:52

Headscratch

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 14:40

Match 1 - My Match

Match 2 - Chennai Win

The spinning trio of Afridi/Ajmal/Mendis destroyed the Deccan line up and they were blown away. Some late minute hitting from David Hussey and Wayne Parnell (not sure why he was at 11!) got them up to a sub par 125/9. Despite Srikkanth falling early and some great spin bowling from Tahir that slowed the rate however Chennai romped home with Hussey making a brilliant 40.

Match 3 - Delhi Win

Batting first Delhi set a very competitive 155 with James Taylor and Andrew McDonald sharing a partnership of 70. However in the chase Virat Kohli and Yuvraj showed their class. A late wicket surge of 3 wickets from Andrew McDonald swung the game back in Delhi's favour. Eventually the Daredevils just got home winnings by 2 runs. Closest match of the weak IMO

Match 4 - RR win

A very close match again with the toss being the key. Batting first allowed Warne to use all of his experience and the Royals turned the screw in the KKR chase. Kumar Sangakkara was the key in the Royals innings. Batting first also allowed Watson to use the pace to hit through the line of the ball. The KKR chase was going well until Warne came on. The royals winning by 8 runs in the end.

Match 5 - Kings XI Punjab win

In a match where the toss didnt matter batting first really helped the Kings XI. The signing of Gambhir proving a brilliant piece of business as he made a hard fought run a ball 67 on debut and batted the whole innings. This set RCB a total of 131 to win and things started badly as they found themselves 3 down within the first 3 overs with Bresnan picking up 2 of them. ABDV got the innings back on track but when he fell to RTD in the 13th over it was all she wrote and RCB fell 9 runs short making 122/7 in their 20 overs.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 14:54

Match 5 - Kings XI win. KXI are 2 down early before KP and Ganguly see off Broad and Johnson and target the other bowlers and end up with a good total. Good bowling, in particular by Kartik and Rahul Sharma means RCB end 5 runs short of their target.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 18:05

Looks like I am involved in another tight game!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 18:32

Match 1 - No vote yet, as Kiwi is on holiday. Presume we will save this one for a little later in the week, only fair considering he gave us notice that he was going away.

Match 2 - No vote.

Match 3 - I've gone for a Pune win. Don't think the toss was overly important in this game, and I just like the balance of the Pune side. Some batsmen that would play without fear, mixing up the big shots with the dabs, and I think that Swann and Dernbach in particular would be very effective. Yuvraj and Buttler with decent contributions with the bat after Delhi made early inroads.

Match 4 - I fancy Rajasthan to win here. KKR have fielded a very strong side with big hitters galore, but Shane Warne on a pitch beginning to crumble wins it for me after a demolition job from Watson and Uthappa with the bat. His tricks and guile see the crude big hitters like Razzaq and Pathan hole out to the boundary riders. Very very close this one, but Rajasthan winning the toss just tips it for me.

Match 5 - I like Kings XI in this one. Simply put, I think their batting stands up to the conditions slightly better than RCB. A tight game, but I think KP and Umar Akmal ensure that the efforts of AB De Villers are in vain.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 18:36

Kiwi is back Tuesday isn't he? I'd say that as long as his tactics are up by 6pm GMT then its fine. Any later than that could be annoying

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 18:48

Tues or Weds I think yeah. Given that it is his 1st week we should give him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 19:00

Yeah thats what I thought, although next weeks tactics will be up by wednesday

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 19:04

fists
i have no problem with you vote but i found your comment about the pitch crumbling in the 2nd innings very odd as you yourself have said on many occasions that the pitch doesnt change much over a T20 game.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 19:09

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:fists
i have no problem with you vote but i found your comment about the pitch crumbling in the 2nd innings very odd as you yourself have said on many occasions that the pitch doesnt change much over a T20 game.

totally agree

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 22:24

cricketfan90 wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:fists

totally agree

From the match thread:

Pitch Conditions: A flat top which should result in a high scoring affair, power hitters will love this pitch as the ball will sit up nicely especially off of the fast bowlers. The pitch is very hard and dry so may crumble slightly late in the second innings.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 22:36

Evening shanky, yeah pitches dont crumble too badly over 40 overs, but in some cases it helps a little to be bowling 2nd when the pitch has been scuffed up a little. On any pitch that spins I think Shane warne is obviously always going to be dangerous, even at this age, and with a little bit of crumbling beginning to take place I thought he would win the game for them.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 4:32

I have no problem with losing the match and people voting for RR but I disagree with these pitches.A flat pitch in the 1st innings certainly doesnt start crumbling in the 2nd innings.I also saw a pitch last week(not my match) which was a green seaming track in the 1st innings but it started turning in the 2nd innings which is not what practically happens.

Gregers mate sorry.You have done an outstanding job in conducting this league and I salute you for that but I think you need to have a slight rethink over the behaviour of the pitches as they look unrealistic.
Sorry but plz consider my views.
Also (if you wish) plz try to be consistent with the real life behaviour of the particular pitches.You dont see too many seaming tracks in India do you?

Sorry once again mate but this is what i feel

btw this is not at all a complaint with regards to this match and I am more than happy to lose this match to my pal GG.
This is just my general feeling regarding these pitches.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 10:33

Match 1 - waiting for Kiwi.

Match 2 - CSK squeak home by two wickets.
A thrilling, low scoring match this one. Dilshan gets DC off to a good start, but there's a middle-order collapse to the spin attack of CSK. David Hussey (batting too low at 6) rescues them and pushes the score past the hundred mark before Theron (good pick on this pitch) wraps up the innings at the death. In reply CSK struggle with the pressure of chasing on a difficult pitch, with Tahir proving a huge threat and working through the middle-order. However, quick cameos from Badrinath and Raina have put CSK ahead of the rate, and though wickets tumble regularly the experience of Mike Hussey gets them over the line, just.

Match 3 - DD win by about 10 runs.
The DD openers blast out of the blocks and take full advantage of the powerplay restrictions. Swann gets rid of both, but Taylor and McDonald then compile a brilliant partnership, using the gaps in the field and knocking it around for the ones and twos. Swann returns to nip out McDonald in the 15th but Jaffer carries on the good work, and a few lusty blows from Pathan get them to 170. In reply, Morkel nips out a couple, and to me Pune's batters are more hitters than nudgers and would struggle slightly with the slower boundary. Price bowls a good containing spell, and the total proves too much for Pune.

Match 4 - RR win by 2 runs.
A tight, high scoring affair, but the Australians make the difference for the Royals. First, Watson blasts his way to 70 as he enjoys the flat pitch, while Dravid and Sangakkara provide some solid partners for him. Bowling Razzaq at the death on this one proves to be a mistake as his only over costs 20 and he is unceremoniously pulled out of the attack. RR post 180. In reply, KKR make a great start with Gayle and Tiwary firing. Warne chips through in the middle overs but Morgan and Razzaq get a partnership going, and KKR are seemingly well placed. However with 20 needed from the last two overs Warne gambles and brings up mid-wicket to Pathan who can't resist and is bowled by a slower ball from Watson. Morgan then can't get enough strike and RR just get home.

Match 5 - my match...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 11:12

Match 1 - waiting for tactics.

Match 2 - CSK comfortably, their spinners plus Theron (whom I rate quite highly) skittle Deccan and then chase down the low total for the loss of 4 wickets.

Match 3 - my match, c'mon The Daredevils!

Match 4 - Tough call, a high scoring match here but I reckon KKR to sneak it, despite the valiant efforts of the wily Warne, Gayle blasts his way to 60 and sets his foundations. Tight game though.

Match 5 - RCB, despite the efforts of Gambhir, Broad, Johnson and Praveen will prosper and dominate the KXI order before chasing it down with 4 balls to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 11:31

match 1:Waiting for tactics

Match 2: CSK win easily.Their spinners skittle DC for under 100.CSK lose a couple of early wkts but Mr.Cricket guides them home safely.

Match 3:Pune win.A very tough game to call.I think the difference between the two sides is Swann.Swann pulls the game back for the Pune Warriors in the middle overs by not only containining runs but also taking wkts after Delhi get off to a flying start.Delhi post a cometitive total and Price chokes the Pune batting and Delhi are favourites with 5 overs to go but a stunning knock of Buttler wins the game for Pune off the last delivery of the match.

Match 4:My match

Match 5: Punjab win.Another very tight affair.But Punjab batting first just gives them the edge.Broad,Praveen and Mitch bowl well but KP takes them to 150 but the rest struggle.RCB start strongly with Marsh getting them off to a flyer but the spinners Kartik and Rahul Sharma pull the game back with the tall Rahul Sharma getting variable bounce on this pitch and troubling the batsmen.Still ABDV plays a blinder but in the end RCB fall an agonising 2 runs short due to Bresnan's reverse swing bowling at the death.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:25

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I have no problem with losing the match and people voting for RR but I disagree with these pitches.A flat pitch in the 1st innings certainly doesnt start crumbling in the 2nd innings.I also saw a pitch last week(not my match) which was a green seaming track in the 1st innings but it started turning in the 2nd innings which is not what practically happens.

Gregers mate sorry.You have done an outstanding job in conducting this league and I salute you for that but I think you need to have a slight rethink over the behaviour of the pitches as they look unrealistic.
Also (if you wish) plz try to be consistent with the real life behaviour of the particular pitches.You dont see too many seaming tracks in India do you?

btw this is not at all a complaint with regards to this match and I am more than happy to lose this match to my pal GG.

All the pitches have been based on real life pitch reports from IPL4 and the world cup. That includes the crumbling pitch and the green tops.

Also if we just had the bog standard Indian pitches then they would be batting paradises every week. My league is supposed to show off our tactical ability and so we need some seeming pitches, some batting tracks, some spinning havens etc

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:28

Gregers wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I have no problem with losing the match and people voting for RR but I disagree with these pitches.A flat pitch in the 1st innings certainly doesnt start crumbling in the 2nd innings.I also saw a pitch last week(not my match) which was a green seaming track in the 1st innings but it started turning in the 2nd innings which is not what practically happens.

Also if we just had the bog standard Indian pitches then they would be batting paradises every week. My league is supposed to show off our tactical ability and so we need some seeming pitches, some batting tracks, some spinning havens etc

True but my main are of concern is seaming tracks turning in the 2nd inings.it doesnt happen in T20 mate.

Just a suggestion btw mate and as I said you are doing a brilliant job at conducting this.
All the pitches have been based on real life pitch reports from IPL4 and the world cup. That includes the crumbling pitch and the green tops.

Last edited by shankythebiggestengfan on Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:36; edited 1 time in total

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:33

I'm happy with how it is.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:37

I am not saying I am unhappy.It was just a suggestion.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:51

One word: Hypothetical.

Two words: Bore off.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:52

Sainty wrote:One word: Hypothetical.

Couldnt get you mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:54

Sainty wrote:One word: Hypothetical.

cos that helps with an issue by saying bore off lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:57

I'm bored of coming on here and seeing people moaning, just get on with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:58

Sainty wrote:I'm bored of coming on here and seeing people moaning, just get on with it!
No moaning,only a suggestion mate

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:02

I think I've won Yahoo Looks like the new signings did their job. As for the league itself, I like the fact that we get some seaming pitches (and in general pitches that are quite different), as it tests our tactical knowledge and adaptability. Would be a bit dull if all we had were bunsens and batting paradises.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:02

agree with ya mfc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:06

Agree that seaming pitches are good but my only concern was pitches seaming in the 1st innings suddenly changing into turning pitches for the 2nd.

But anyways,no worries,I have got a nicely balanced squad.i think I picked the wrong side for this match.

Last edited by shankythebiggestengfan on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 13:06; edited 1 time in total

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 10:50

Have totalled up the votes so far and both the results for Delhi vs Pune and Kolkata vs Rajhasthan can be changed by Kiwi's vote!

Chennai have beaten Deccan (Its currently 7-0)
Punjab have beaten Bangalore (Its currently 5-2)

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 10:52

well im not sure kiwi will vote lol, not sure he knows much about ipl, given the fact he was prepared to give me 3 good players for 3 average ones lol

i thought i would get thrashed by chennai

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 10:53

I think we should just close it now, fairest way. Nothing to do with the fact I am 4-3 up... Whistle

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 11:57

Cricketfan,

Kiwi knows enough about cricket, rest assured of that. You offered him Dilshan and two turds for Jayawardene and two turds...not an overly bad deal really. Dilshan and Jaya are similar in terms of ability in this format.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:42

i have now voted on the mumbai vs kochi game, an impressive kochi side put out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:44

Impressive, yet you have them losing by 50 runs? Slightly baffling!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:45

the mumbai team is a lot better, they can still impress, but lose fists, indivudual performances can stand out, its my vote and i have done what i think would happen!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:46

Mumbai win.Kochi have put out a really good side on paper but the batting order is not ideally suited for this format IMO.Sachin will take his revenge on Shoaib and propel Mumbai to 160.Kochi start well but they lose the plot in the middle overs.They fight back but Malinga's toecrushers prove too much in the final overs.Mumbai win by 10 runs.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:58

Fists of Fury wrote:Cricketfan,

Kiwi knows enough about cricket, rest assured of that. You offered him Dilshan and two turds for Jayawardene and two turds...not an overly bad deal really. Dilshan and Jaya are similar in terms of ability in this format.

Cheers for the vote of confidence Fists, though I'll admit that my international cricket knowledge is a fair bit better than my IPL. And the less said about my available time to look at things in the last week the better. But I've played and watched an awful lot of cricket over the years. I've posted up my team and tactics now, the restrictions certainly make selection an interesting challenge

Quick votes for me (have to get back to work or I'd write more comments on why)

Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings - CSK. I'm not entirely convinced by Afridi opening the bowling, but I really like the batting line up.
Match 3 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors -Delhi win

Match 4 - Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders - KKR win for me, love that batting lineup
Match 5 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab - KXB
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 14:05

PM for kiwi Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down