The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go?

+21
Rollmeister
iso
mystiroakey
Gatts
majesticimperialman
stlowe
Comfort
RubyGuby
HERSH
damage_13
niwatts
nathan
G2
D24tress
beshocked
Geordie
doctor_grey
rugbyfan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Bitter Beer
BATH_BTGOG
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go? - Page 2 Empty Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go?

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 10:53

First topic message reminder :

Once again the Brand has made the front pages for all the wrong reasons (Aussie Kiss!), is this guy more trouble than his worth?

I thought England looked better once Easter came on Saturday, OK I know Haskell was still on the pitch but we looked like we moved forward more with Easter carrying the ball.

So this begs the question once Haskell goes to Japan is his England career over? As it gives the England management a fantastic opportunity to oust him for the squad for good, and I for one would be glad to see the back of him.

On another subject why was Moody left on the sidelines so long once he had been patched up for his blood injury? could the England coaches see that we looked better without him on the pitch?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go?

Post by doctor_grey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 19:25

beshocked wrote:Imagine Ashton as captain. He would be teaching all the players how to swallow dive properly and the correct method of throwing a dwarf
This would mean England are scoring tries, yes? Although I would like to see Dan Cole try to dive.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand Haskell, is it time for him to go?

Post by doctor_grey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 19:31

If we are being serious for a moment, if Easter plays and Moody sits, then I think Easter has to wear the armband. The only other contender for captain, as I see it, is Hartley, who captains Saints. And he does very well in that capacity. This assumes, of course, that Tindall sits also. I think that would be a good idea, as I think he is showing signs of wear.

I feel a bit for Moody. In that series against Australia, Moody was immense. Immense and inspiring. But if he is not playing the same way now, or cannot play the same way, the he should sit. And then I would play Croft, Wood and Easter. I like having Haskell on the bench because he can come in at 6, or 7 or 8.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 21:26

majesticimperialman wrote:So Haskell had a few drinks made a few passing remarks to an hotel maid.

Who hasn't done a simlar thing on a friday/saturday night.

What does this have to do with his playing on the field? Nothing thats what.

A this moment in time at the rugby world cup Haskell is the second best no 8 we have, the first is Easter, after the Rugby World Cup Haskell is offf to Japan, the England will have a chance to look at others players in time for the next 6ns.

So for now leave Brand Haskell alone is what i say.

Hang on a minute, this guy is a professional sportsman representing his country in the world's biggest rugby tournament. He is not steve the postie feeling up tracy at cinderellas after an away fixture v Chipstead 2nds
Brand Haskell has rugby luminaries suggesting he is a potential world number 1, he is a role model for young players and he puts himself out there as a symbol of modern rugby by courting publicity.

The guy is a total chump and if he is as obsessed with his Brand market value then he will be kicking himself pretty hard right now because he just wiped huge value off his stock

I bet Dallaglio is really proud of his apprentice now

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 21:33

some girl is trying to make some money and its there fault- drop me out.

nothing happened by all accounts, get over it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:00

mystiroakey wrote:some girl is trying to make some money and its there fault- drop me out.

You must be Brand's media spokesman to be as witless as to suggest that in public!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:32

mystiroakey wrote:some girl is trying to make some money and its there fault- drop me out.

The old blame-the-victim technique, very classy.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:35

iso wrote:

iso lol- you are so roped in and brainwashed by media you cant see how stupid you sound- do you think anyone on planet earth would know about a few exchanged words (that may have been slightly crude perhaps) if the people who said them were not NEWS WORTHY!!

victim lol- she wants money!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:41

mystiroakey wrote:
iso wrote:

iso lol- you are so roped in and brainwashed by media you cant see how stupid you sound- do you think anyone on planet earth would know about a few exchanged words (that may have been slightly crude perhaps) if the people who said them were not NEWS WORTHY!!

You think you know what happened so tell us your source? I am guessing here but i am pretty sure it is not that you witnessed it or have heard anything first hand either from the players or her. The issue is not what she is doing but what they did. You can characterise it as harmless based on what you know from the press, albeit simplistic cynical and ignorant that is your prerogative but you don't know what happened so pipe down and wind your neck in.

The issue here is that professional sportsmen and representatives of english sport have out themselves in such a situation at a huge event. They are ambassoadors, their presence and involvement is a privilege and their behaviour is classless and shows such poor judgement that now i am starting to get why they give away so many pens. Their TCUP is clearly rubbish

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:44

lol the press will only ever exagerate the truth not the other way around- if you dont get that - time for you to get a reality check!

the much bigger issue is the worlds obsession to make an easy buck and not work hard for there pay- lol imagine the 3 rugby players were like her-- they would have amounted to zip!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:50

I'm sorry, this blame the victim crap doesn't wash with me.

I don't like that she wanted to sell her story, that's crap, but everyone wants to make money.

The bottom line is, that she was treated in such a way that she was seriously upset and went to her manager about it. The rest is window dressing. No-one should treat anyone like that. If a complaint like that came through when I was travelling for work, I'd probably lose my job. Why should these arrogant prima donnas be any different?

Regardless of media obsession, the England team are currently acting like drunken entitle pillocks, and that isn't good for rugby, and it isn't good for England. The largest, richest, and most influential rugby union should be leading by example, not crawling home via a bar that they forgot.
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:54

how badly was she treated- we dont even know. If it was so bad why arnt the police involved- I will tell you why- because it was like a pretty common exchange- thats why.. If that is a problem then the world has GONE PC MENTAL..

get over it guys, your buying into the rubbish that is the gutter press.. sdaly the real victims are you lot for falling for it and thinking its news worthy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:55

You are now being so obtuse as to be hilarious...you are making claims that she is doing this for the cash....what do you know about anything in relation to what actually happened....absolutely nothing except what you have read and heard. If she is doing it for cash that is her problem, but what if she was genuinely distressed by completely unacceptable behaviour from professional sportsmen.... of course, they never misbehave do they you must be right.

The issue here is not your ignorance but the fact that these 3 players put themselves in a situation where they could be compromised and did not show the smarts i expect from pros in the spotlight. They are as ignorant as your statements and based on what you have written it doesn't surprise me you find this sort of thing acceptable

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 22:57

Oakey, that's rubbish. When are the police involved in sexual harassment cases in the workplace? Never, unless it involves a serious sexual assault.

I'm not a follower or reader of the gutter press, but these guys are supposed to be ambassadors for their country, for the sport, and they are being paid to be at the RWC. We should expect professional behaviour.
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:01

"of course, they never misbehave do they you must be right."

Offcourse they misbehave- you PC nut job. Its a common thing to do

Its common practice and not the big deal you are making it out to be. get over it, from what i have heard nothing really happened- what exactly have you heard that makes it worse than 'misbehaving'.

If you cant work out the much bigger problem your sucked into the crazy PC world gone mad. Time for you to have abit of fun yourself

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:08

mystiroakey wrote:"of course, they never misbehave do they you must be right."

Offcourse they misbehave- you PC nut job. Its a common thing to do

Its common practice and not the big deal you are making it out to be. get over it, from what i have heard nothing really happened- what exactly have you heard that makes it worse than 'misbehaving'.

If you cant work out the much bigger problem your sucked into the crazy PC world gone mad. Time for you to have abit of fun yourself
Who the hell do you think you are calling a nut job? What on earth are you talking about on a rugby forum...you are way out of line so i suggest you back up fast.

How do you know what happened? What is your source? What is common practise? What has this to do with political correctness; i have made no reference to what happened because i don't know and nor do you, my issue is with players who let themselves get compromised. Stick to the issue and keep the personal insults to yourself

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:09

There's misbehaving and there's treating people like objects. One is ok, the other isn't, and it's nothing to do with political correctness. It's common human decency.

Also, do you want England to be represented by drunken thugs who make crude comments to women every chance they get? Not the best international image, I'd say...
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:13

the girl admitted that she went alomng with the banter, the video that was taken(part of a tour diary) shows her to be relaxed. She says the players regularly joked with her about her walkie-talkie, stealing it and radioing in that they had taken her hostage.- this is clearly banter, they felt comfortable around her and were joking around

the girl then decides to tell a paper 3 weeks later.

do we need a calculator guys.

If anymore happened to the girl- you would bet your bottom dollar she would have told- the better the story the better the pay!!

I honestly cannot understand your stance on this guys. I really cant- we are only faced with the above and that is all we can use to come up with a conclusion

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:14

Andy Powell could have caused a serious accident when he went for a roll on his golf buggy, he probably hasn't been near a pitch & putt since.

Mike Phillips was photographed getting scragged by security outside of McDonlads whilst clearly in a state of inebriation, I'm sure he's such a reformed character he hasn't even spoken to anyone Scottish since then.

Bottom line? SOME of the England players have been a bit stupid, if anything it calls into question the validity of the Public School educational system rather than anything that reflects on The English as a nation, and let's be honest, every nation has the odd berk moment don't they?

People need to get a grip on themselves ( laughing ) at least that's a victimless crime.

Haskell to 7, Easter to 8, Croft stays a 6.

Moody has brought neither leadership nor dynamics to the back row, the benefit of his experience is negligable based on some of the decisions he DIDN'T make last saturday.

Easter is better at the back of the scrum, when you lose 50% of your scrums at international level you're either doing something wrong or you're Aussies. Very Happy Easter should prevent that from happening, as would replacing Lawes with Palmer, people often underestimate or don't know what a good scrummaging lock does for the front row (it's why they're called locks), Palmer is also king over Lawes when it comes to the lineout.

Wood is one for the future, I don't see chucking him into a QF against France as being beneficial to him or England, he's not an experienced international and 7 isn't his best position.

Haskell will do a job for England here and now, as for what happens when he goes to play for Toyota or Fujiama or whoever is another mattter, England have some strong back row contenders coming through that may eventually provide the balance there that England have sorely missed since 2003.

Leave the player bashing to the shoitepapers and just hope that they start to show a bit of common sense and discipline - ON and off the pitch. Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:18

rollmiester you have massively miss interpreted the point.

Do you think that tiger woods was the first golfing adulterer, do you think the 3 english rugby polayers were the first to have a drink and make lude comments(lol)

the more times go on the more we know about people WE DONT KNOW!!!

and the bigger the obssesion is to know everything about them!

Just because you didnt know about what someone in the past didnt do doesnt make him a better person.

it doesnt!

we dont need to know about abit of misbehaving just so some college girl can get a free holiday and a fake tan!

fair enpough if the lads did something really bad- no dramas , let the world know- but this!!!

Last edited by mystiroakey on Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:20; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:19

PJHolybloke wrote:Andy Powell could have caused a serious accident when he went for a roll on his golf buggy, he probably hasn't been near a pitch & putt since.

Mike Phillips was photographed getting scragged by security outside of McDonlads whilst clearly in a state of inebriation, I'm sure he's such a reformed character he hasn't even spoken to anyone Scottish since then.

Leave the player bashing to the shoitepapers and just hope that they start to show a bit of common sense and discipline - ON and off the pitch. Hug

Andy pandy was dropped for it, and had to make a proper apology. I still think he's an arse, and I don't like Phillips' attitude on principle, but overall, I agree. Leave the player bashing to the rags. Equally, don't get massively defensive either. They have made mistakes. If there was nothing to report, (most) papers wouldn't make things up unless they knew your phone voicemail details Doh

Haskell isn't performing up to the hype at the moment though.
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:21

Rollmeister wrote:There's misbehaving and there's treating people like objects. One is ok, the other isn't, and it's nothing to do with political correctness. It's common human decency.

Also, do you want England to be represented by drunken thugs who make crude comments to women every chance they get? Not the best international image, I'd say...

How do you stand on the roadworthiness of a golf buggy driven..... let's just say on the M4 for arguments sake?

What about starting a drunken fight trying to get into a fast food restaurant?

Hey, there's inapropriate banter and there's endangering innocent peoples personal safety, do me a favour and save your mealy-mouthed sanctimonious bleeding-heart morals for sunday school. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:21

mystiroakey wrote:the girl admitted that she went alomng with the banter, the video that was taken(part of a tour diary) shows her to be relaxed. She says the players regularly joked with her about her walkie-talkie, stealing it and radioing in that they had taken her hostage.- this is clearly banter, they felt comfortable around her and were joking around

the girl then decides to tell a paper 3 weeks later.

do we need a calculator guys.

If anymore happened to the girl- you would bet your bottom dollar she would have told- the better the story the better the pay!!

I honestly cannot understand your stance on this guys. I really cant- we are only faced with the above and that is all we can use to come up with a conclusion

You still don't get it do you!!!

Firstly you weren't there and did not see it o cannot comment on the issue and secondly , the real issue, is that Professional English rugby players on RWC duty should not be allowing themselves to be compromised in this way, whatever happened or whatever was or was not done accept the fact that these guys hav been compromised, compromised the team and the management and left themselves open to all sorts of allegations. That lack of judgment has no place in professional, international rugby tours anymore.

On a separate note if your way of debating requires you to refer to people as 'nut jobs' because they disagree with you then feel free not to reply to any of my posts in future.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:24

Oakey, I'm not saying drop them, kill them, burn them, etc. I'm just saying they should know better, and that it's not on to blame the victim, that's all. A proper apology would probably have defused this a few weeks ago. They are professionals and should know and behave better. Equally, it's not PC gone mad to suggest that female staff should be treated with respect by male guests at a hotel.

Anyway, as per my post above, I'm not here to bash players, I just think they should remember who they are and why they're in NZ.

Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:25

PJHolybloke wrote:
Rollmeister wrote:There's misbehaving and there's treating people like objects. One is ok, the other isn't, and it's nothing to do with political correctness. It's common human decency.

How do you stand on the roadworthiness of a golf buggy driven..... let's just say on the M4 for arguments sake?

Hey, there's inapropriate banter and there's endangering innocent peoples personal safety, do me a favour and save your mealy-mouthed sanctimonious bleeding-heart morals for sunday school. OK

Powelly was framed Very Happy

Wales current puritanical camp is largely borne out of the ridiculous behaviour some of their players have been involved in recently. Looking at them now they have got all boring, best get back on the sauce and take the heat of the English!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:26

PJ, as I said above, I do not condone the actions of those Wales players. Andy was dropped for it, and was not defended rabidly by Welsh fans all over message boards, as far as I'm aware. I'm not being sanctimonious. I think that if you're being paid to do something, you should behave professionally, and if you don't, you should accept the consequences. That's not rocket science.
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:35

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_union/1221377/Haskell-Dally-helped-me-over-it.html

"Lawrence Dallaglio did speak to me at the time and told me the importance of learning your lesson and keeping your head down.

"He said everywhere you go there are trappings and that's life. But it's about how you bounce back that's important.

This guy just has no judgment, clearly didn't listen to his mentor did he?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:37

Rollmeister wrote:PJ, as I said above, I do not condone the actions of those Wales players. Andy was dropped for it, and was not defended rabidly by Welsh fans all over message boards, as far as I'm aware. I'm not being sanctimonious. I think that if you're being paid to do something, you should behave professionally, and if you don't, you should accept the consequences. That's not rocket science.

i can agree with that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:43

""He said everywhere you go there are trappings and that's life. But it's about how you bounce back that's important.

This guy just has no judgment, clearly didn't listen to his mentor did he?"

i think the point is he has to listen to him now!!

now is his time to bounce back

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:53

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044295/Annabel-Newton-England-rugby-stars-apologise-female-hotel-worker.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It is the way that professional sportsmen treat those that they come into contact with in the course of their duty that determines how they are regarded and what level of respect and trust they should be given. Haskell always appears immature and when i hear about this sort of behaviour he just comes across as a big blundering buffoon. he needs to take stock and yes bounce back but i think this one might be a lost cause for England.

if , as this article quotes, Newton is correctly quoted when she says that Haskell made comments about the flowers and her smell when delivering his apology then it is just another example of how inappropriate his behaviour is, that he could not see why he had upset her, why Brand Haskell is a farce and why he is so immature that he cannot understand why a small female might find such comments threatening and upsetting when delivered as an apology. Call me what you like, i am not saying that I agree but i totally understand why she did. If as you say this is all a PC conspiracy then it strikes me that plaeyrs with such poor judgement as Haskell are a liability to a squad as much in the spotlight as England

I prefer Brand Jonny, the consummate professional who is respected around the world for being a gentleman and never cheats Yahoo

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 23:59

[quote="Gatts"]
mystiroakey wrote:
iso wrote:

You think you know what happened so tell us your source? I am guessing here but i am pretty sure it is not that you witnessed it or have heard anything first hand either from the players or her. The issue is not what she is doing but what they did. You can characterise it as harmless based on what you know from the press, albeit simplistic cynical and ignorant that is your prerogative but you don't know what happened so pipe down and wind your neck in.

The issue here is that professional sportsmen and representatives of english sport have out themselves in such a situation at a huge event. They are ambassoadors, their presence and involvement is a privilege and their behaviour is classless and shows such poor judgement that now i am starting to get why they give away so many pens. Their TCUP is clearly rubbish

But you've got to ask why this story popped up on the day England played Scotland when it happened when England were in Dunedin at the time. Smacks of the press looking for another story to undermine England. They're getting clever about it though Whistle

Back to Haskell. According to most respected rugby journalists, he has been comfortably England's best forward so far. No one did themselves any favours against Scotland in the first half.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:04

its a non story and we dont need to know about it.

the girl shouldnt profit for it,

however martin johnson shouldnt have to deal with it , and england fans shouldnt get stick for it!

The welsh lad in the golf buggy is a classic mind. very news worthhy- because its quality and funny not because it shows you up!

im of to bed.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:09

Gatts wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

Powelly was framed Very Happy

Wales current puritanical camp is largely borne out of the ridiculous behaviour some of their players have been involved in recently. Looking at them now they have got all boring, best get back on the sauce and take the heat of the English!

laughing Now come ON! Framed my a£5e! Somebody in the squad may have mentioned going out clubbing and Powell went into sensory overload like a Rottweiler in a butcher's shop, wrongly associated "going out" and "clubbing", chucked his bag of clubs in the back of his cart, did a Dukes of Hazzard entry into the buggy and floored it - unfortunately it was pointed at the M4. Very Happy

Thanks for the offer of assistance Gatts, much appreciated, but to be perfectly frank I'm wondering where the feck South Africa are when you need them?

It's about time Botha made a Lazarus like recovery in time to snap a couple of Ockers. OK

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:10

To be clear, in the context of him being a pro at an RWC, trial by media and the wholly justified public expectations placed on players in the modern era combined with Haskell's clear efforts to promote himself as a Brand, Haskell's unfortunate immaturity and lack of judgment has lead him into another situation where he has been revealed to be wanting on many fronts. He seems incapable of avoiding controversy and managing the press by not allowing himslef to be compromised, he obviously doesn't have the brain to do that

I for one would love to be reading just about english rugby and their behaviour off the pitch has probably served well to distract some media attention away from their unconvincing performance on it

Last edited by Gatts on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:11; edited 1 time in total

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:11

one thought before i go.

make your own conclusions.

the girl waited for a letter of apology, when she only got an apology in person she went to the papers.

how much would that letter have been worth i wonder?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:13

mystiroakey wrote:one thought before i go.

the girl waited for a letter of apology, when she only got an apology in person she went to the papers.

some parting shot

she was offended by the apology and the way it was delivered, if he did make those comments to her about her being prettier than the flowers and smelling better then again he is out of line, that is not an apology, it is a patronising somewhat lewd attempt to smooth her over with a frankly pathetic compliment

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:18

Gatts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:one thought before i go.

some parting shot

she was offended by the apology and the way it was delivered, if he did make those comments to her about her being prettier than the flowers and smelling better then again he is out of line, that is not an apology, it is a patronising somewhat lewd attempt to smooth her over with a frankly pathetic compliment

so your telling me that she sold the story to the papers to get a better apology? lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:26

I am not telling you anything, you seem to know it all and you are doing the telling. I am suggesting you open your mind a bit and stop being such a cliche.

Read the Mail article. She is promised an apology but feels that the initial humiliation was embelished by his 'apology' with flowers, she goes to the papers. Or more likely the papers go to her.

Ask yourself what if it had been your little sister or girlfriend? I am not commenting on the veracity of her account because i can't and maybe she is cashing in. But you are obsessed with what you think she did without any evidence to back it up. My point, again for the umpteenth time, is that haskell puts himslef in compromisng situations and perception is everything! The guy is a fool. that is all.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:30

Rollmeister wrote:PJ, as I said above, I do not condone the actions of those Wales players. Andy was dropped for it, and was not defended rabidly by Welsh fans all over message boards, as far as I'm aware. I'm not being sanctimonious. I think that if you're being paid to do something, you should behave professionally, and if you don't, you should accept the consequences. That's not rocket science.

I'd agree with pretty much all of that Rollmeister, apart from the fact that the England players aren't being "defended rabidly" by English fans as a mass, more by a particularly vocal minority, the behaviour of SOME England players over the last 3-4 weeks has been disappointing, when you consider they're supposed to be professionals the FEW that are involved should really look at themselves and consider whether or not they could and should have done much better.

That isn't rocket science, absolutely agree.

On the other hand, just recently a "professional sportsman" was sentenced to 4 years for Cuddle in a bad way, his brother (also a professional sportsman) is currently helping police with their enquiries over a matter involving an alleged sex crime and an associated matter potentially involving the posession of a Class A drug, these are both very serious matters that ACTUALLY involve treating women as objects as opposed to fellow humans.

Indulging oneself in inapropriate banter with a member of the opposite sex is not something anyone should consider to be "nothing", but it certainly isn't the "something" it's being made out to be, the players concerned were ignorant and stupid but like I said earlier, every nation has their own darlings where that's concerned.

Sometimes we get lazy and rely on people whose job it is to sell news to give us the facts about it, but the only fact regarding news is that it doesn't have to rely on facts to sell stories, it only has to rely on the voyeuristic tendancies of the celebrity generation to make pounds from pence.

Sorry if I got a bit gobby earlier, but it does wind me up when people can't see the woods for the trees. Hug OK

PS also I've been drinking and being of Anglo-Irish descent that's not always a good mix. king
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:37

By the way - "Cuddle in a bad way" is the swear filter substitute for a word that begins with "R" and ends in "ape" - seriously?

Are you defecating me 606 or has Rose West hacked the swear filter?

That needs to get changed I think, "cuddle in a bad way" is possibly how the bad cuddlers actually justify it, that's not at all appropriate. tomato
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 0:40

"is that haskell puts himslef in compromisng situations and perception is everything! The guy is a fool. that is all."

everyone does- its just wether they get caught or not. i dont know many pro sportsmen, and the milion and one that i dont i wont judge. stop acting as if you know these people because of what the mail tells you.

ps. i noticed how more measured your posts got after a few miss behaving welsh were mentioned- dont be such a hypocrite would be my advice to you

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 1:40

mystiroakey wrote:"is that haskell puts himslef in compromisng situations and perception is everything! The guy is a fool. that is all."

everyone does- its just wether they get caught or not. i dont know many pro sportsmen, and the milion and one that i dont i wont judge. stop acting as if you know these people because of what the mail tells you.

ps. i noticed how more measured your posts got after a few miss behaving welsh were mentioned- dont be such a hypocrite would be my advice to you

Hypcorite? You are right I am. I have done it again, I really should not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Your posts speak volumes about who you are and the way you address people on here only underlines that. Unlike you i have not expressed anything other than my concern at the reported behaviour of Haskell and others and proclaimed no intimate knowledge, referring to the Mail article because it gave the other side of the argument. it doesn't surprise me that you would introduce nationality into this, you are desperate to score points with every post, fact is if you compare the idiotic behaviour of powell with the behaviour of Haskell in this case you are the dolt i thought you were and i just shouldn't bother with you. Oh and i know that is personal but your really are quite stupid.

My comic reference to powell was a reply to PJ because i generally have interesting exchanges with him, he is reasonable and amusing, i wouldn't accuse you of that! You on the other hand are clearly the village idiot and i will just ignore your ignorant rantings in future

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 1:47

Gatts wrote:
My comic reference to powell was a reply to PJ because i generally have interesting exchanges with him, he is reasonable and amusing, i wouldn't accuse you of that! You on the other hand are clearly the village idiot and i will just ignore your ignorant rantings in future

How vewy farking dawe you! Weasonable and amusing?!! boxing

I'll have you know young man, I'm so farking posh and English I can't even type my w's. chin

So thewe! Headscratch
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 2:04

Of course, I meant my w's because if I had meant my w's I would have typed w's wouldn't I?

What a load of old wubbish, weally wankled me that did, pweposterously widiculous..... Headscratch

Anyway, I'm incwedibly wich.

Goodnight siw!
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 2:24

PJHolybloke wrote:Of course, I meant my w's because if I had meant my w's I would have typed w's wouldn't I?

What a load of old wubbish, weally wankled me that did, pweposterously widiculous..... Headscratch

Goodnight siw!

Enjoy the hangover...hope you have to get up weally early Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 2:25

What Easter gives away to Haskell in terms of physique he more than makes up for with technique, footwork and body position. He makes yards, usually only one or two at a time but that's what you need from an 8.

That said, Haskell has been pretty effective so far, it would be harsh to drop him, but he's a hell of a unit to bring on with 20 minutes to go.....

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 6:52

Gatts wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:Of course, I meant my w's because if I had meant my w's I would have typed w's wouldn't I?

Goodnight siw!

Enjoy the hangover...hope you have to get up weally early Very Happy

laughing Fortunately I'm blessed with an anti-hangover gene!

Unfortunately, that can make one slightly greedy and irresponsible Wink
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 6:56

Just like Brand Haskell.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 7:11

Shocked Like feckin ouch!

Don't you ever sleep?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 7:13

Shocked Occasionally
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 7:18

Me too. Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next