The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England call up Rangi Chase

+3
dublfcynwa
George Hotel1895
Kenny
7 posters

Go down

England call up Rangi Chase  Empty England call up Rangi Chase

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

England coach Steve McNamarra has called Castleford stand off Rangi Chase into the England train on squad for the 4 nations . New Zealand born Chase who qualifies under residency grounds said " Getting selected for England will be my greatest honour and i will do all i can to help England acheive international success ".

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

England call up Rangi Chase  Empty Re: England call up Rangi Chase

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:44 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:England coach Steve McNamarra has called Castleford stand off Rangi Chase into the England train on squad for the 4 nations . New Zealand born Chase who qualifies under residency grounds said " Getting selected for England will be my greatest honour and i will do all i can to help England acheive international success ".

England and Rangi Chase have done nothing wrong, but the rules do need to be tighted up.The residency rules need to be longer for cases like this.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 03 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

I don't see why England should'nt call him up if NZ don't wan't him, the rules are a bit silly but they are the same for everyone, Aus and NZ have benifited from them in the past.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:44 pm

How long is the residency rule nowady's, Can Dobson, Monaghan etc be eliagble soon?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:55 pm

As far as i know the residency rule is 3 years , could be wrong though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

Slightly more seriously while i don't think that either party has done anything wrong. And Chase is an excellent player, who is perhaps unfortunate to play in the same era as such an outstanding player as Benji Marshall.
But i just feel this is wrong.
I wonder how Rachford, Gale, Myler, Gaskill, Lomax etc feel about this.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

I agree there is nothing wrong in it and teams have done it in the past , but it does worry me that there could be Chase , Reed , Heighington in the places of upcoming young talent .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 2:12 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:As far as i know the residency rule is 3 years , could be wrong though .
Thats my understanding as well. As i've already said to short my opinion.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

It really is a silly situation...I see Frank Pritchard has switched to Samoa so he can play on this year's tour to the UK.

Having said that, I think that Rangi would have no chance of getting in ahead of either Benji, Shaun Johnson or Kieran Foran. The depth we have in the halves is frighteningly impressive nowadays

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:It really is a silly situation...I see Frank Pritchard has switched to Samoa so he can play on this year's tour to the UK.

Having said that, I think that Rangi would have no chance of getting in ahead of either Benji, Shaun Johnson or Kieran Foran. The depth we have in the halves is frighteningly impressive nowadays

I don't think it's just your halves. Hooker, backs, forwards you have an impressive squad.

This isn't just a problem in RL, look at Englands cricket and RU sides. Until all sports decide to do something about it, then it's going to keep happening.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

tigerrobins wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:It really is a silly situation...I see Frank Pritchard has switched to Samoa so he can play on this year's tour to the UK.

I don't think it's just your halves. Hooker, backs, forwards you have an impressive squad.

This isn't just a problem in RL, look at Englands cricket and RU sides. Until all sports decide to do something about it, then it's going to keep happening.
Nothing will ever change, England did it with Basil D'Oliveira and Zola Budd for opposing reasons and have continued to do it in all sports since, it's not just us though, in last years football world cup, there were more Brazilians competing for other countries under residancy rules than in the Brazil squad and just how many Kenyan and Ethiopian runners are now competing under different flags?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

"tust how many Kenyan and Ethiopian runners are now competing under different flags?."

Ha ha yeah the qatari sports teams are like a united nations these days....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down