The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a wonderful world tennis forum

+11
barrystar
legendkillar
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
time please
noleisthebest
Tenez
mthierry
Josiah Maiestas
polished_man
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What a wonderful world tennis forum - Page 2 Empty What a wonderful world tennis forum

Post by polished_man Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Following some bitter and controversial experiences I am coming to the conclusion that probably this forum is not the one for me.

Entrepreneurial in the spirit, as always proud myself to be, I am considering to set up a brand new tennis forum called:

"What a wonderful world tennis forum".

This is meant to be the most rigorously moderated forum ever, a true safe heaven and an ideal destination to all the people who are: naturally very ordinary, silent, shy, umbratic, gregarious and slightly submissive.

It will have some innovative cutting edge features that will make it stand out from the competition as:

-computerised “sense offence” function which will investigate "in between the line" wumming allegories or metaphoric subtle allusion with consequent obligatory psycho therapy session for those found guilty.

-the mandatory word "great” will be automatically added every time you mention a top 100 player, before his name, in case the obstinate poster will intentionally avoid to.

-"Very good" will be added for the 100 - 250 rankings

-"Still better than you” for players >250, so to avoid “easy” and undue criticism.

This will certainly incentivise even the most abject wums to contribute in a straightforward and constructive way, for god's sake.

Enjoy!!

Last edited by polished_man on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

What a wonderful world tennis forum - Page 2 Empty Re: What a wonderful world tennis forum

Post by Tenez Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:18 pm

mthierry wrote:...What can't be ignored though is that while Hitler isn't the best example delineating the dangers of free speech, his brilliance as a great propagandist makes him a great example showing the power of words. It also doesn't rebut the pervading anti-semitism in 1930's Germany.

A lot of the populace were willing tools in the holocaust.

Are you saying that some words and smart propaganda caused WWII? That's ignoring many other factors a billion times more important than words pronounced by a man and his team.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

What a wonderful world tennis forum - Page 2 Empty Re: What a wonderful world tennis forum

Post by Tenez Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:I got it! He is Simple Analyst in his latest appalling camouflage..... Smile

I preferred SA. he was more fun.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

Tenez wrote:
mthierry wrote:...What can't be ignored though is that while Hitler isn't the best example delineating the dangers of free speech, his brilliance as a great propagandist makes him a great example showing the power of words. It also doesn't rebut the pervading anti-semitism in 1930's Germany.

A lot of the populace were willing tools in the holocaust.

Are you saying that some words and smart propaganda caused WWII? That's ignoring many other factors a billion times more important than words pronounced by a man and his team.

I was never talking about WW2 but specifically the holocaust and the influence one man and his close circle of cronies had on it.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

I sense topic drift? Perhaps this thread would be better in the "Off-Topic" section or perhaps it could be dressed up to appear in the "News and Current Affairs" section.

There have been some very sweeping and generalised statements. Perhaps it would be best to stay focussed on the topic at hand, which judging from the OP is about the "degree of moderation" on the tennis forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

I do have slight regrets getting involved in the murky waters of politics here. In hindsight, it was probably ill-advised.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:44 pm

mthierry wrote:I do have slight regrets getting involved in the murky waters of politics here. In hindsight, it was probably ill-advised.

No worries! Let's get back to tennis!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

I have to say this has been the best off topic debate/discussion I have come across in any tennis forum.

But seriously I don't understand the view of 'I don't like posters that are typical WUMS and make unfounded claims against people they don't know' and yet do it yourself. Kinda defeats the logic your arguing against.

This is a very tolerable forum and yes there can be 'extreme' points of view, but that keeps debate healthy. There will be subjects we don't agree on, but that is normal.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTprEnArFcUhTpFy1xQ-oc68g-mi1z355ath26NV9HDeJ1ioQ4kZA

OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

This is all soooo depressing....what's life come to when you spend all your energy arguing with fools, trying to tell them things they are not able to understand.

Life is very black and white, except that people prefer to be grey.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:00 pm

Oh I dont know, some people love being black and white...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:This is all soooo depressing....what's life come to when you spend all your energy arguing with fools, trying to tell them things they are not able to understand.

Life is very black and white, except that people prefer to be grey.

Exactly! noleisthebestbecauseIthinkhessomanlynotlikecertainothers.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:40 am

So reading this all super thread I came to conclusion that Hitler played tennis very well and Murray is sexy? I've had a few JD's but correct me if I'm wrong.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarvik Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

legendkillar wrote:This is a very tolerable forum.

It really isn't, unless you meant the word you used in which case it is!

Jarvik

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

Because of the overwhelming and I dare say touching response of the forum s members I am pleased to announce that my departure from this forum has been postponed indefinitely.

Furthermore: there is no real need to set up the forum I had in mind as I have recently found out it already exists.

It is called "The Rafateers" and, confident to be warmly welcomed there, I firmly intend to re-post my censored article on that site, in the belief to have, finally, the long awaited constructive discussion.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

polished_man wrote:.....the long awaited constructive discussion.

On this forum it's more like a destructive concussion!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2