The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th

5 posters

Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th Empty Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Reports circulating about this bantamweight unification bout between WBO and WBC champ Donaire and WBA champ Moreno, with Morenos April title defence now shelved pending an announcement. Moreno is no mug but I'd rank him some way behind montiel who donaire dispatched with ease. I would almost certainly bank on Donaire to win via stoppage and become undisputed at 118lb. Would be great to see him achieve this before moving up, which appears to be the long term plan. Full story here:

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=661868&publicationSubCategoryId=69
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno May 28th

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

This was actually the fight I touted as the most interesting one out there for Donaire and the one I hoped to see after his demolition of Montiel, so great news if it goes ahead. I like Moreno a lot, a very cute technician and a stinging right hand, plus the southpaw element thrown in for good measure.

I still think Donaire takes this though, by virtue that Moreno (not a 'big gun' at the best of times) is likely to be more timid than he's ever been, and will allow Donaire too many opportunities to come forward, which I think he will do knowing Moreno's style and also bearing in mind that, after what he did to Montiel last week, Donaire is going to be more confident about his punching power than ever before.

A good fight if it happens which, as I said, I'm looking forward too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

It was the fight I wanted to see and think he's the hardest fight for Donaire at the weight. The clear divisional number and good to see the best fighting the best.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

This will be a cracker; can't wait to see it!

Bantamweight is possibly the hottest division in the sport right now.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down