The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him

+20
manos de piedra
Silver
azania
ShahenshahG
Rowley
jack-rabbitpunch
vulva equinox
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
eddyfightfan
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Imperial Ghosty
Diamond in the rough
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
neilodonnell
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
davidemore
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him  Empty Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

After listening to him on the Boxing lab, Boxingscene's radio show, I have officially lost all respect for Donaire.

In the interview he says that Rigo was dull and if he didn't try and KO him then neither of them would have been touched, he then says that Rigo's style in the fight was HIS style, and that HE couldn't use it otherwise the fans would have been bored. So, Rigo stole your style did he Nonito? Jesus.

Donaire is pretty when he KO's, but other than that he just plods and stalks and bores. Rigo puts on a clinic, for 12 rounds, with style and grace and control, fact.

Donaire is making so many excuses throughout the interview, he sounds so needy. Admit you got whipped by a better man Nonito, admit it, you sound pathetic and sore. You say he didn't hurt you, look at your face! Look how you covered up in the 12th round to protect your battered eye! Are you delusional? you got whacked at a very high percentage. VERY HIGH.

You talk strategy in the fight but you had one and couldn't use it. You couldn't use it because Rigo took it away from you, the smaller, older, better man disabled you in the ring. Admit it you delusional sore loser, you'll still make more money than Rigo in the future, so admit it.

Grow up Donaire or pi** off.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him  Empty Re: Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:29 am

Agree with him, Rigo is the most boring fighter in boxing

FACT!!!!!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him  Empty Re: Nonito Donaire: Lost All Respect For Him

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

Reborn, you know nothing about boxing. Retire yourself. picard

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

It was the first time I have seen Rigondeaux fight and I thought he put on a masterclass. Like you say davide, Doanire looked battered by the end so something must have got through.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:36 am

Exactly neil, the man got whipped, simple. He got schooled, made to look like the amateur, ironically enough.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:38 am

If Nonito is so pee'd off then rematch him and make amends, otherwise keep quiet and move on.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:41 am

Yep. step up or step off. OR watch as Arum ruins another undefeated fighters career. Frank Warren style.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:57 am

I liked Rigo's trainers in the fight, he sure got the moneys worth out of them. Usain Bolt would have been so proud of the sprinting he done.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:58 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Agree with him, Rigo is the most boring fighter in boxing

FACT!!!!!!!!

Have to disagree Reborn. I didn't know the result and watched it the next morning and I personally thought it was great fight, it was very tense through out and the was and air of this fight could end any time. So when I done my scouring of the internet of peoples opinions on the fight, I was very surprised to see the 50/50 split in opinion! Especially comments that Rigo ran all fight etc. I thought Rigo boxed superbly, Donaire seemed confused by Rigo's movement and was beaten on the backfoot by the smaller man with a smaller reach. I originally thought Donaire would win, not only because of his power but his handspeed, which I thought he would catch Rigo eventually. I actually thought Rigo had the faster hands! And in that last round when Rigo hurt him, he didn't want to know and actually didnt want to engage in the last round of what could be perceived as a close fight (I had it 116-113 Rigo whioch was closer then most).

Cant see anyone wanting to get in the ring with Rigo now, he can either blast you out of there or stick and move and box your head off. He does hold two belts so hopefully someone will step up. Can't see Mares getting in with him any time soon. Rigo is too ring savvy to fall into his foul tactics and would probably give him a beating.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:01 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I liked Rigo's trainers in the fight, he sure got the moneys worth out of them. Usain Bolt would have been so proud of the sprinting he done.

Probably about as much value Donaire must've got from his gym's heavy bag since he appeared to have no idea how to hit something that wasn't stood still.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm

Yeah, I mean watching Donaire punch air sporadically throughout the fight isn't exactly fun, is it?

Rigo put on a clinic.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm

Don't get me wrong, he is unbelievable in terms of skill.

But when he done his backward sprints, the thousands in the venue all booed him. Not Donaire.

It is all well and good watching that type of fight to see who is the number 1 in the SBW division, but why stay up and watch him now??

His manager is talking about a fight with Darcyinian....I was just disappointed because after the first exchange in the first round, he stopped Donaire for attempting to come in again. I think he could have forced him back well before the 12th when he eventually did decide to throw.

Its a disgrace for 2 super bantams to throw less than 700 punches let alone land 89 (Donaire) and 126 (Rigo). Vitali Klitschko throws more than that !!!!

His star is gone, I accept he is better than Donaire, but I the sound of the crowd was right for the performance.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

I disagree about the booing, Donaire got hissed in the post fight interview, hissed.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

Reborn, Donaire was a big treat with his power and speed, and as Rigo has been hurt and put down in the past, it would have been stupid to meet him in the centre of the ring. Donaire wasn't top 5 p4p for no reason. As someone who appreciates the skiill involved in boxing, the way he commanded Donaire's respect with his power early(Donaire did not watch engage as much either), moved round the ring and picked his shots was superb to watch. Dont get me wrong, I do like a good old Gatti v Ward scrap, but I also love watching boxers putting on a clinic and he did. If certain fans cant appreciate that they best watching the UFC.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:27 pm

Rigo landed 129 of 396 punches while Donaire landed only 82 of 352 punches

That is awful for a lower weight fight.

Throwing Gatti vs Ward out as if thats the only other type of fight to watch is a silly thing to say. I like most people watch whatever boxing is on every week. There are clinics, there are close fights. Im just saying in my opinion, this was one of the worst fights in recent times I've watched. And I always enjoy watching Wlad K who ALWAYS puts on a defensive clinic. Should I still watch UFC?? Theres putting on a clinic, then there is stinkin the joint out. The only bit of life that fight had was when Rigo was on his backside.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:28 pm

Reeborn, did you lose money on a bet by any chance?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

I dont gamble David. I have stated that many times on the previous 606 and on here before.

Even if I was a betting man, I wouldnt have bet on that fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

I'm still amazed at how easy rigo made it look you can say its boring and that but if they have a rematch which they won't doñaire has a punchers chance which is something I thought I'd never say

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:43 pm

They aren't having a rematch.

Donaires moving up to fight Juanma.

Rigo is staying put to fight Darcyinian probably.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:50 pm

Yeah I was meaning in the future arum must be kicking himself for turning down the mares offer

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

Mares is still an option for donaire, he'll never be short of offers.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

Don't really see the point of this thread

Donaire has made an excuse, so what. He's a fighter isn't he, don't they all

Can't see how anything he says isnt true. Not once does he say he shouldn't have lost, he said that if he wasn't going to engage it most likely would have been a staring competition which isn't hae dto believe as Rigo wasn't going to come forward was he

Donaire wasn't/isn't a stalker, he likes to counter with heavy shots while his opponents walkinto traps. In his press showings he said Rigo will be aggressive which is why he had the gameplan that Rigo adopted

So I fail to see what he's done wrong, was it dull? Yes. Would the fight have been even worse (if that's possible) should Donaire not try to press the action? yes. Has he said at any point in that article that Rigo didn't deserve to win? No

I don't get the face part too, untill the 12th Donaire had no facial damage, remember he gets marked up easily like he did against Narvaez who he barely got hit by, of any kind and got caught in the eye. It's happens, a lot and when you need a KO you can end up getting clipped

Your not a fan if you hae no respect for Nonito. Gave everyone respect throughout his career and has actively seeked out the very best despite not needing to, like Rigo who has no real fanbase and was always going to be a risk

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:08 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

Rigo landed 129 of 396 punches while Donaire landed only 82 of 352 punches

That is awful for a lower weight fight.

Throwing Gatti vs Ward out as if thats the only other type of fight to watch is a silly thing to say. I like most people watch whatever boxing is on every week. There are clinics, there are close fights. Im just saying in my opinion, this was one of the worst fights in recent times I've watched. And I always enjoy watching Wlad K who ALWAYS puts on a defensive clinic. Should I still watch UFC?? Theres putting on a clinic, then there is stinkin the joint out. The only bit of life that fight had was when Rigo was on his backside.

Thats your opinion Reborn, we are both neither right or wrong. I never said Gatti v Ward was the only other type of fight to watch, I through that in there as the casual fan would appreciate that sort of fight over Rigo v Donaire. I actually thought the booing was unwarrented and if you cant appreciate pure boxing skill, do go to the fight. I don't enjoy watch Wlad K if am honest, especially when he's fighting boxers that he superior psychical attributes over aswell as being few levels above in terms of actually boxing ability. Rigo v Donaire was two of the best boxers in the division fighting to be top dog. They are obviously not going to go in there gung ho and both were trying to neglect the each others strengths. Donaire has been steam rolling everyone as of late and it would have been foolish for Rigo to meet him head on. Rigo proved to be the better boxer and all round fighter that night. Not sure why your bringing the punchstats into this, they both dont need to be throwing 700 punches each to make it a good fight, regardless of weight. I personally thought that this fight could end at any second and when Donaire put him down I thought would finish him off, until Rigo got up after about a second and detered Donaire from going in for the kill.

Horses for courses but I enjoyed it and would happily watch the rematch if it was to be made but I don’t think Donaire would want a schooling again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:10 pm

Well said WHU!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:21 pm

you have no respect for a multi weight champion who has tested himself against the best continuously, and only lost once to top opposition. he continued to press even though he couldn't get near him and because he points that out he that means everything he has done is worthless?

interesting opinion there emore, but part of me thinks it has more to do with you wanting to carry on a conversation about the subject because you picked the right guy to win against the grain.

well done. draw a line. move on. respect any man that steps in the ring. his life is on the line for your entertainment. rigo has bragged less you about the fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:25 pm

I have no respect for his recent character, it's unbecoming and bitter, my opinion is valid.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:31 pm

obviously your opinion is valid but i don't see the reasoning, which fighters do you know who don't make excuses for losses, its been less than a week.

saying you have lost all respect for a fighter is different from saying you don't like how they are handling a defeat.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Rigo's style and bemoans the fact he didn't engage Donaire enough really doesn't appreciate the finer parts of the sport. Rigo excecuted a strategy in a way that only an elite and intelligent talent can. The fans that booed are laughable IMO. What did they expect? Really, was Rigo supposed to dive in with his chin hanging loose? Dee, you're on a roll today. And by roll, I mean toilet roll. Smile

I do think losing all respect for Donaire is a little harsh. Fighters make excuses after a loss

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

davidemore wrote:I have no respect for his recent character, it's unbecoming and bitter, my opinion is valid.

Losing all respect for Donaire because of his character is crazy. The only man in sport who voluntarily signs up for all year round testing says everything about his character.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

Hell of a stable at GBP, hell of a stable:

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/fighters/?d=-1&n=

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Tell me a top fighter who hasn't made excuses..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

davidemore wrote:I have no respect for his recent character, it's unbecoming and bitter, my opinion is valid.

Ha, you need a new sport and you need to do a more research next time

Also, do you need to write an article just be because you have an opinion on a interview 4 days after a fighter lost

So I ask again, what's the point in this article?

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

I think a lot boxing fans around the world are proving why we are to blame for not getting the best fights available.

Donaire took a chance and has consistently fought the best competition available, he had everything to lose in this fight and not a lot to gain, but because we wanted it, he gave it to us. So what if he lost, he is one fighter who has the guts to step up to the plate. I have seen people going on his wife's facebook page calling Donaire an over rated bum, to which she herself is actually responding.

What does that say to any other fighter, if you take a risk you lose everything? So why the hell would they actually bother to take that risk? Why the hell would a promoter bother to take that risk? Had Donaire not fought Rigo, the majority of fans thought it was a foregone conclusion that Donaire would win so they probably wouldn't have cared that much.

Donaire is a credit to the sport of boxing and anyone who says otherwise is really not a boxing fan. How can you knock a fighter who tries to give us what we want?

Rigo beat him in a boxing match fair and square, it wasn't a masterclass like so many here are claiming, it wasn't a Calzaghe vs Lacy, it wasn't a Hopkins vs Pavlik, those were masterclasses.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Ha, you need a new sport and you need to do a more research next time

Also, do you need to write an article just be because you have an opinion on a interview 4 days after a fighter lost

So I ask again, what's the point in this article?

He's a Rigo fan boy god bless him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Any of the one's who remain undefeated.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:58 pm

I'm a beautiful sweet science fan boy.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:15 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I think a lot boxing fans around the world are proving why we are to blame for not getting the best fights available.

Donaire took a chance and has consistently fought the best competition available, he had everything to lose in this fight and not a lot to gain, but because we wanted it, he gave it to us. So what if he lost, he is one fighter who has the guts to step up to the plate. I have seen people going on his wife's facebook page calling Donaire an over rated bum, to which she herself is actually responding.

What does that say to any other fighter, if you take a risk you lose everything? So why the hell would they actually bother to take that risk? Why the hell would a promoter bother to take that risk? Had Donaire not fought Rigo, the majority of fans thought it was a foregone conclusion that Donaire would win so they probably wouldn't have cared that much.

Donaire is a credit to the sport of boxing and anyone who says otherwise is really not a boxing fan. How can you knock a fighter who tries to give us what we want?

Rigo beat him in a boxing match fair and square, it wasn't a masterclass like so many here are claiming, it wasn't a Calzaghe vs Lacy, it wasn't a Hopkins vs Pavlik, those were masterclasses.

Couldn't agree more with this. This is an American problem mainly. Like their elections. Win at all costs. This is why people in America duck so much, why sports like baseball and boxing are riddled with PED users. Win or you're nothing. Nonito took the toughest fight possible and I credit him for it like I credit Rigo for the win.

I disagree with masterclass comments a little. Well, I just don't think you can dominate a Donaire like you can a Pavlik or Lacy, who were by comparison a lot easier to dominate.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I think a lot boxing fans around the world are proving why we are to blame for not getting the best fights available.

I agree with everything you said RE: Donaire. The man is a credit to the sport and should be praised for taking this high risk low reward fight. If only Mayweather had the same passion to prove he's the best he could have probably been a top 10 all time great when he retires.

Comparing Calzaghe v Lacy and Hopkins v Pavlik to Rigo v Donaire isn't fair. Rigo and Donaire match was far more evenly match in terms of boxing skill and ring IQ then thoses two fights, both Lacy and Pavlik were both come forward, plodding power punchers. Its no surprise that either Pavlik or Lacy were the same again after they were exposed. Donaire will probably continue weigh hoping and pick up alot more titles. He just met his match in Rigo who made Donaire look amateurish at times.

Spoiler:

Rigo just used good movement and had power to make Donaire respect him so he wouldnt over commit. For a boxer whose top 5 p4p, its about as good as a masterclass your going to see, especially from boxer who was only 11 fights into his professional career.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by vulva equinox Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

davidemore wrote:Reborn, you know nothing about boxing. Retire yourself. picard

Emore you really are a prize muppet

vulva equinox

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

Emore! I have just listened to the Donaire Boxingscene interview and I give him FULL PRAISE for accepting his defeat. He gives Rigo credit and says he didn't do his job. Can't say any more.

Vulva, whenever I see you on here you contribute zero. Say something worth reading

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by vulva equinox Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Emore! I have just listened to the Donaire Boxingscene interview and I give him FULL PRAISE for accepting his defeat. He gives Rigo credit and says he didn't do his job. Can't say any more.

Vulva, whenever I see you on here you contribute zero. Say something worth reading

I could say the same for your crappy blog sean.

vulva equinox

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

vulva equinox wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Emore! I have just listened to the Donaire Boxingscene interview and I give him FULL PRAISE for accepting his defeat. He gives Rigo credit and says he didn't do his job. Can't say any more.

Haha. thumbsup

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

vulva equinox wrote:

Jokes aside. I just read through some of your previous posts and they are utterly terrible and in no way contribute to the forum. You might want to do something about that. Seem coxyesque.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:54 pm

You often learn more about a boxer in defeat than you do in victory.

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

I agree he doesn't add to the forum..........I agree your blog is crappy too!! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree he doesn't add to the forum..........I agree your blog is crappy too!! Laugh

I closed it many moons ago, Truss. So Vuvla, who joined the forum in Feb was obviously Coxy. Anyway he is banned now, and not for disliking my blog.

As for your opinion. Doesn't carry too much weight with me. No offence meant, but you're not exactly ......... Shakespeare

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:21 pm

Donaire then makes excuses!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Mares is still an option for donaire, he'll never be short of offers.

Well not anymore due to top rank golden boy fighting on differnt channels and top rank turning down the money to begin with they won't offer anywhere near 3m again

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree he doesn't add to the forum..........I agree your blog is crappy too!! Laugh

I closed it many moons ago, Truss. So Vuvla, who joined the forum in Feb was obviously Coxy. Anyway he is banned now, and not for disliking my blog.

As for your opinion. Doesn't carry too much weight with me. No offence meant, but you're not exactly ......... Shakespeare

More like Twain.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:54 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:

Bit harsh Sean, is a little known fact but the original title of Romeo and Juliet was Romeo..............and JULIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next