The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions

+13
eddyfightfan
Mr Bounce
sittingringside
Imperial Ghosty
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
captain carrantuohil
JabMachineMK2
BoxingFan88
AlexHuckerby
17 posters

Go down

Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions Empty Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

Next weekend is a good weekend of boxing, but this is the fight I am most excited for, alongside the clear slugfest that will ensue with Alvarado Vs. Rios.

This for me is REALLY hard to pick, so many variables in this fight. So many questions to ask and you can choose lots of different routes depending on what answers you give.

Nishioka hasn't fought in a year is he slowing down at 36?
Donaire hasn't looked to be the same rip roaring talent he did at BW since he moved up, could it be to do with opponents or is he genuinely not the same force to be reckoned with at SBW?
Donaire usually relies his reflexes and speed to evade his opponents shots, as he did in his last fight with MAthebula, however a lot of the time with Mathebula he was being caught with a lot of shots with his hands down, can he afford to do this against someone with pinpoint accuracy like Nishioka?
In fights since Munroe, Nioshioka hasn't let loose with the same types of fast combinations that he showed that night, is that to do with the opponents he's been facing or can he physically not do that anymore?

Just a few off the top of my head. A fantastic fight with the divisions number 1 and number 2 going at it. So who wins and why?

To be honest, I can't decide really decide who wins this, just a gut feeling but I'm going with Donaire. He might just have the speed and reflexes (Which I think a lot of this fight will be about) to tip the balance of this fight his way. His side to side in and out movement may just cause Nishioka too many problems, but at the same time that straight left from Nishioka is timed to virtual perfection, could he time Donaire coming in?

Tough to call, but like I said I'm going with Donaire, but not with serious conviction.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions Empty Re: Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm

I think this fight can hugely depend on whether Donaire goes looking for a knockout (like he has in previous fights) or chooses to use his skills.

I'm going for Donaire by late stoppage, he always turns up emphatically for the big occasion.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions Empty Re: Toshiaki Nishioka Vs. Nonito Donaire - Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

Pretty disheartening that Waingro's ridiculous "Man up Vitali" thread garners nearly 100 responses, yet two top P4Pers, the number 1 and number 2 in there weight division come up against each other in a real difficult fight to call and the responses are about nil.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:43 pm

I'm going with Donaire - don't think we've seen the best of him at SBW, he's been matched harder (as to be expected) and the talent between SBW and FW/LW is in my eyes a lot stronger.

Donaire via decision, as Nishioka is a hard man to stop.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:53 pm

I think Donaire is the real thing, and the fact that we're forever expecting him to do to opponents what he did to Darchinyan and Montiel speaks volumes for his talent. He has a proper test here, which I expect him to pass, possibly via corner retirement late on in the fight.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

Donaire for me, too. Points, I expect, but it should be clear enough so as not to cause controversy. I think he just has a little bit too much for Nishioka.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

Donaire via a decision with no controversy, I'd think. He's received some bad press for his showings against Narvaez and Vasquez Jr in the past twelve months, but considering he won his first world title at Flyweight, it's inevitable that he wasn't going to be burning holes through the best Super-Bantams in the world.

Genuine all-time great for me, and I think he'll get past Nishioka. Donaire-Rigondeaux is THE fight, from a purely boxing point of view, that I want to see in 2013.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Nishioka via SD. Donaire has not looked that powerful since his step up to this weight division. I can see him outpointed and frustrated against a seasoned professional on Saturday night.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

I haven't seen enough of Nishioka, but I know this is a GREAT fight and I cannot wait to tune in on Saturday. Donaire may KO him, but if he doesn't I see a long and difficult night for both men.

What a weekend. Alvarado and Rios and this!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

I haven't seen enough of Nishioka, but I know this is a GREAT fight and I cannot wait to tune in on Saturday. Donaire may KO him, but if he doesn't I see a long and difficult night for both men.

What a weekend. Alvarado and Rios and this!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:29 pm

Why is boxnation not picking this up? Its got Rios vs Alvarado on the card as well which is going to be a barnstomer!

Wasn't that what the channel was created for????

This is a great fight between arguably the two best fighters in the division!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:30 pm

If Mares gets by Agbeko (which is a very tall order, no pun intended....) then I would love to see him face Donaire next.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:24 pm

Don't think nishioka has anything to trouble donaire and it should be relatively straight forward with donates speed and reflexes being the difference

Donaire may not be knocking people out but has decked both his opponents since the move up so it isn't a real sign of him losing too much power

He looked a class apart from Vasquez untill he injured himself and looked gun-shy and the other guy was awkwardly tall and hit the deck for the first time in his career

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:49 pm

Donaires toughest test at the weight but one I fully expect him to rise to as he always does in the big fights, late stoppage but I wouldn't rule out a KO at any point, he'll be up for this fight like he was against Montiel and Darchinyan. This is the fight i've been wanting for ages now and think it's a tougher test than Rigondeaux who i'm really not sold one, he's looked good against mediocre opponents but looks a bit amateurish to compete against Donaire.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 08 Oct 2012, 9:52 pm

Donaire by decision. Nishioka, whilst still a top top operator, isn't getting any younger and I think Donaire will now be fully adjusted to Super Bantam.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

Donaire by SD in a very close fight. Possibly controversially... Whistle

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

i think donaires power will be the difference, KO win after a close fight on the cards.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:05 pm

Rigondeaux got rocked badly in his last fight, would love to see him take on a top condender before getting a crack at Donaire. The reason I think Donaire will beat him is Donaire has a cracking left hook and I don't think Rigo has the best chin...

Mares is doing the right thing and I would love him to fight Donaire next.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

i was unsure about rigo, i actually though he was wobbled slightly a few times.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm

Rigo was wobbled more than once vs someone who is far from elite and isn't much of a puncher so I would worry putting him in with donaire

Can't see how nishioka can make this close enough to be controversial. He has been out of the ring for a year and at his age it could make him feel ring rust which is crucial as donaire has quick enough reflexes and hand speed to really punish a sluggish fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:02 am

Some people are saying Donare is the new Pacquiao and imo Broner is the new Mayweather so that is a fight I would like to see in the future when Donare moves up in weight which he should do if he wins this.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:37 am

Will never happen, broner was a huge superfeather weight and is fighting DeMarco for a lightweight title and will end up at lightwelter or even welter soon whereas donaire isn't a big 122lber and doesn't have the frame to put on enough weight for him to be a challenge to broner who will walk through him eventually

If you want to see mayweather-Pacquiao esque matchup then Broner-Gamboa would work. Gamboa is an orthodox pacquiao in his featherweight days, in and out style, exceptional handspeed, power in both hands, great footwork and throws from angles pacquiao was famous for. Broner isn't as good as mayweather but similarities are canny and what he lacks in defence he makes it up for in power, power mayweather never really had or at least was never willing to use if he didn't need to take the risk

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:55 am

Donaire is not to much smaller than Pacquaio who moved up alot of weights by bulking up so if he wants to be the new Pacquaio he needs to move up more weights. Broner is quality imo and he is still young so in a few years he could fight Donaire if he moves up in weights which he needs to do if he wants to be the new Pacquaio.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

Donny cannot make LW and be effective. He is small for his weight. Just coz he is a Filipino doesn't mean they can all bulk up like Manny. FFS Waingro, try and think. I suppose Frampton should bulk up to WW and fight Hatton. After all Paq started off lighter than he was. Heck, why not bulk up to HW and fight Wlad, who is Vitali's brother. Younger brother to be more informative.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:43 am

Donaire may be tall but doesn't mean he can put on weight and still be effective. He benefits from being tall and lean while maintaining his speed and reflexes. He doesn't pack the weight on too well and looked a little (and I mean little) fleshy since the move up.

He started off winning his first title at flyweight so has already moved up a bit. He is 30 in November meaning he probably won't naturally grow too much and will probably struggle to be big enough for lightweight if not Superfeather weight without putting on unnecessary weight that will slow him down

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:42 pm

Waingro wrote:Donaire is not to much smaller than Pacquaio who moved up alot of weights by bulking up so if he wants to be the new Pacquaio he needs to move up more weights. Broner is quality imo and he is still young so in a few years he could fight Donaire if he moves up in weights which he needs to do if he wants to be the new Pacquaio.

Pacquiao moved up the weights after he got older, remember Donaire is 29, he isn't exactly going to grow....

Does anyone know what channel this will be shown on?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:59 pm

I don't actually think its going to be shown over here, which is an absolute travesty.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

Boxnation have to pick this up, its one of the fights they are supposed to show!!!!

Audley vs Price.......wow......

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

it will be on line and a hdmi cable is all you need

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

Stream it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:41 pm

i'd be lost for boxing without my laptop

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

For those of you hoping like me... this is boxnation's response... just got this from the twitter feed...

@boxnationtv Any news on Rios card? #prettyplease

@mrtonynash We're working on it mate, but we don't know for definite yet. Sign up to our free newsletter for news:

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

If boxnation don't get this card they have officially failed as a channel. I don't give a dam about Freddie Flintoff's pro debut, this is a card that they have to show!!!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

azania wrote:Stream it.

Getting up at 3am for a stream that might lag to hell and back isn't exactly reassuring though, I don't want to miss a second of the action!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 10 Oct 2012, 2:50 am

Totally agree, I would resub to BoxNation for this card alone.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

Is there any more word on if this fight will be on tv?

Fight of the weekend for me. Am looking forward to seeing the two top ranked of a good division square off. This should be billed as one of the biggest of the year!

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

donaire comfortable UD

if nonito wanted to move up after this fight, he'd arguably have an easier time establishing himself as the main man. If he does win this I would love to see him fight the winner of mares-moreno i think them 2 wins in a row gives him a real chance of being the best p4p

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:06 am

I'm gutted to have to miss this fight. It should be a great tussle. Instead I'll be watching Degale, Kid Galahad and Price v Harrison. Not the greatest I admit but better than a usual Saturday nights listings!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

Boxnation aren't picking it up.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 13 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

spencerclarke wrote:I'm gutted to have to miss this fight. It should be a great tussle. Instead I'll be watching Degale, Kid Galahad and Price v Harrison. Not the greatest I admit but better than a usual Saturday nights listings!

You know they aren't on at the same time right?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 13 Oct 2012, 4:21 pm

19.00-21-.00 price vs harrison (boxnation)
22.00-00.00 degale, eubank jr (channel 5)

donaire fight is on about 3 on line so should be a great night

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 13 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

It would if a channel was picking it up

I don't mind using streams but its not nearly as good as watching it on TV and the reason I got boxnation was to see some of the big cards from overseas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down