The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc

+19
rodders
Taffineastbourne
Smirnoffpriest
mckay1402
Messymesina
R!skysports
Luckless Pedestrian
whocares
JDandfries
Cymroglan
Morgannwg
RubyGuby
samuraidragon
doctornickolas
Cardiff Taffy
maestegmafia
dogtooth
bedfordwelsh
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc - Page 2 Empty Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

OK so I have done one of these after all our games so why change now.

First off unless injury forces it has to be the same 22 again come Saturday:

Front Row - are getting the better of most with Jenkins and Jones now getting back to best and whilst Bennett has come in for some strong criticism off me in the past he has been invaluable and has always been a strong scrummager.

2nd Row & Back Row - Charteris was again immense in 1st half whilst AWJ is again getting back to his best form, along with the back row they will have gained huge confidence in the way the competed and bettered the Irish 2nd & back row with Warburton again outstanding.

Phillips and Priestland have been great partnership and those saying JD2 should have been dropped must be mad.

Shane proves he still knows way to try line and Halfpenny proved he can more than play XV at top level. A lot of pre match was about North but he had a quiet game and it didn't affect us with otheres stepping up to the mark.

So to the Semi, I still think I would have rather been playing England because they are predictable at the moment and France are France as we all say.

They will be dangerous as they now know they have a sniff at the final spot and it seems the players are just ignoring Lievremont and playing. Harinordquay(sp) & Dusatoir were fantastic on Saturday and will be another huge test for our young back row who must be on the steepest learning curve ever.

Have France had their big game or do they have one more in the tank, if we replicate our performance then whilst I think the scoreboard will be close we will win comfortably.

God my nerves kicking already will be a jibbering wreck come KO on Saturday.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc

Post by rodders Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

Cymroglan wrote:I wish rodders was Welsh he inspires me Very Happy

OK If only I could inspire Ireland.... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales v France Team Thread Discussion etc etc

Post by gavstar Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

interesting stat from the recent games, England, France, Ireland all had 10/11 offloads in their games , Wales OFFLOADS-0. Keep the faith?

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

rodders,

Lydiate was indeed immense likewise Charteris who put in 16 tackles and was only on for half the game.

These guys have been huge for us and need to be again, their bodies must be in bits.

Something I thought I would NEVER say but a mention has to go to Huw Bennett. He has ridiculed a lot by me in the past and I genuinely believed we would be dead and buried with him as our 1st choice hooker.

But credit where credits due he has been pretty awesome and inspring with his loose play, alsways has been a strong scrummager.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

gavstar wrote:interesting stat from the recent games, England, France, Ireland all had 10/11 offloads in their games , Wales OFFLOADS-0. Keep the faith?

But for once, the forwards are doing a good job of presenting the ball back to Mike Phillips.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Nos Na - I actually think Wales are happy with the other team having the ball - That might sound a little crazy but it is often a common tactic with the All Blacks. Wales are comfortable in defence and when the quick turnover comes they can strike as they did in the 2nd minute on Sat. I don't think everything went to plan for Wales on the weekend, we defended well but I think we are playing quite conservative rugby at the moment. France are one of the best attacking teams in the world and at the moment Wales appear to be one of the best defending teams. It should be a great match up and I'm thinking it will be similar to the 2008 match when our game plan was built around a strong defence and then picking them off when the chances game. I am also in disagreement with France going in front and Wales finding it difficult. This team does not panic when behind and they show remarkable composure and a killer instinct as they did after a strong Ireland came back to 10-10 and had the momentum. It was immediately taken away. The game remains a 50/50 but I actually think there is a lot more to come from this welsh side. If France have all the posession and Wales just keep knocking them back then they will get frustrated and possibly self destruct - Its only high risk if you dont have faith in your defence - It should be fascinating and the one tactic that does concern me is the chip through the quick defence. Ireland did it to great effect in 2009 to win the GS and France are more than capable of this - Showtime awaits
thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:rodders,

Lydiate was indeed immense likewise Charteris who put in 16 tackles and was only on for half the game.

These guys have been huge for us and need to be again, their bodies must be in bits.

Yeah thats a risk that the Ireland game has taken a bit out of them. France didn't get an easy ride against England in that 2nd half though either and Wales look in great shape. That tough AI series and brutal preseason is certainly paying off for Wales.

If Wales can keep playing the way they are playing I think that will be enough and unless France can find another gear (which the French always can of course) or Wales can't find the same level of performance then I strongly fancy Wales to have the edge.

France definitely are in with a chance but Wales should feel pretty confident the way they are playing that this game is in their hands.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

aaaaaaaargh!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oct/11/rugby-world-cup-priestland-wales

admittedly it doesn't take much to get me to panic, but still, this is not good!

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm

nope not good at all. I thought they'd said he was going to be ok.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Priestland has done well but this side is more than just one player - No need to panic with the quality we have to replace him. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

He sat out training and that's normal if somebody has had a niggly injury I think he will OK.
This one makes good reading.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15258982.stm

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

very true Ruby, very true. Deep breaths and all that....

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:42 pm

Players sit out training if they have played a lot, like Warbs, Roberts and Priestland who have played most of the games this WC. Seems a pretty poor article to be honest, and if I'm right, isn't the quote from Hook taken from Sat/Sun, and so isn't talking about any upto date info on Priestlands injury?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:45 am

Whoever is at 10 needs to be spot on with his kicking, whether to touch, penalties or conversions. Unlike in the Irish game, we won't get away with having kicks charged down or punting aimless kicks up midfield - the French will punish us any chance they get. Come on Wales!!! Yahoo

paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2