The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blackett Report

+2
formerly known as Sam
tomathy
6 posters

Go down

The Blackett Report Empty The Blackett Report

Post by tomathy Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

What happened to it? What's the current situation? Does anyone know? It recommended the resignation of Martyn Thomas and the whole board apart from Bill Beaumont, so it can't have just been forgotten about.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

The Blackett Report Empty Re: The Blackett Report

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

I think Thomas filed an injunction (or similar) to stop the release of the report to the public. The RFU boardroom is currently a war zone with rumours of a third vote of no confidence on the horizon for Martyn Thomas. I don't think it's been forgotten about I just think there's complete disarray at the top and there's so much infighting going on that no ones had chance to bring it up, the iffy performance at the RWC hasn't helped.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:I think Thomas filed an injunction (or similar) to stop the release of the report to the public. The RFU boardroom is currently a war zone with rumours of a third vote of no confidence on the horizon for Martyn Thomas. I don't think it's been forgotten about I just think there's complete disarray at the top and there's so much infighting going on that no ones had chance to bring it up, the iffy performance at the RWC hasn't helped.

I thought Thomas had withdrawn the threat of legal action though? Maybe it's just been pushed to one side for the time being.

As I replied on the other thread, I've just seen that Fran Cotton is going to conduct an independent review into the RFU. What happened to John Steele's review? Whether or not he messed up the Performance Director job description (and the Blackett report indicated that this was much less his fault than was reported), his initial ideas were still voted through.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/8822387/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-former-RFU-vice-chairman-Fran-Cotton-will-head-up-review-of-entire-England-structure.html
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

I believe the full report has been sent to all the clubs but the WC has rather sidelined it as a news topic. Fran Cotton is an excellent choice to do a review. He's been very outspoken and he's been on the inside until relatively recently. I hope there's plenty to act on in his report. Good man with both a rugby and business brain.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Blackett report is in the public domain now. Read an article on all this earlier. They've launched an independent review into their own governance through a legal firm (Slaughter and someone), Rob Andrew is reviewing the World Cup failure (even though that's no longer in his job description since they re-assigned him) and Fran Cotton is leading a 3-man review of Rob Andrew's review, or something like that.

It's a ******* joke, only I'm not laughing.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

robbo277 wrote:Blackett report is in the public domain now.

Brian Moore on twitter gave an email address to write to and he'd send you a copy. The contents are all well known by now, it's just a question of whether, and if so, when, it's recommendations get implemented.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm

That is a lot of 'reviewing'

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:40 am

Fran Cotton is doing a review,is that instead of Rob Andrew?does it mean
he is cleaning up Augean Stable that is the RFU?
Does it mean the fat cats,with there V.I.P boxes,Lunches,First Class flights
and the rest of the pigs in the trough bit.
Be replaced by people who can,select coaches,sort out fixturelists,and all that is required to get RWC2015.
Be a fairly contested one where hopefully England 2015 regain there RWC.?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down