The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral?

+47
marty2086
asoreleftshoulder
blackcanelion
Biltong
slartibartfast
Thomond
Taffineastbourne
wayne
deadfred
mckay1402
BATH_BTGOG
Sin é
Otagolad
mankiaow
Huwball
aucklandlaurie
red_stag
Ospreydragon
Pot Hale
mystiroakey
ME-109
Casartelli
welshy824
fa0019
R!skysports
Shifty
walesworldcup
Just my view
SubsBench
mrsuperclear
gilthoniel
Metal Tiger
rodders
Davie
Standulstermen
greybeard
Eclipse
whocares
eirebilly
Luckless Pedestrian
iso
Ozzy3213
RubyGuby
Mickado
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
HERSH
51 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral?

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Vote_lcap83%Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 75 ]
Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Vote_lcap17%Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 90

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Empty Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral?

Post by HERSH Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was it right that a half Irish half Frenchman was put in charge of a RWC semi final between Wales and France seeing as Wales dumped Ireland out of the RWC?

Was he neutral? or was there some jiggery pokery going on.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Empty Re: Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral?

Post by Gatts Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

...dropped from a height!

How subjective is that! It is proven that the taller you are the less you estimate comparative height differences.i.e. a short ref will think that a height is greater than a tall ref.
How tall is Rolland anyway?

Ban short refs!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral? - Page 8 Empty Re: Alain 'Colm Pierre' Rolland - Was he neutral?

Post by red_stag Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

In reality I don't think height comes into it all that much. Humans are only so tall - its not like its gonna be a 7 foot drop to the ground.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

But was he the right man for the job?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:31 pm

And the goldfish swims around and around in the goldfish bowl....hello look at that nice bowl.....around he goes.....hello look at that nice bowl.....around he goes....hello....

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

But was he the right man for the job?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

Several Facebook groups have been set up for fans to vent their fury at Irishman Rolland for his handling of the loss to France, with one gaining more than 8,000 followers.

Messages were left warning ‘Public enemy No 1’ Rolland never to referee a game in Wales again, while some Welsh fans were warning they would be looking out for him at the ports of Holyhead and Fishguard on his journeys to Ireland.

One fan said: ‘We keep a welcome in the hillside for everyone – but not for Alain Rolland. He cost us the game. Feelings are running very high here in Wales right now – I wouldn’t want to be in Rolland’s shoes.’

Even first minister of Wales Carwyn Jones joined the protest by saying Warburton should never have been sent off but the International Rugby Board backed Rolland by banning the 23-year-old flanker for three weeks for a ‘dangerous dip tackle’ on Vincent Clerc.

World Cup bosses were under fire for appointing Rolland to referee the game because of his strong French links.

His father is French, he has family in France, he speaks the language fluently and is a regular visitor to the country.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

I'm sorry that we are unable to assist you further with this matter. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:45 pm

Complaints on a postcard please to....

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:47 pm

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Get Portnoy to forward this complaint to Ofcom, my viewing was spoilt by it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Get Portnoy to forward this complaint to Ofcom, my viewing was spoilt by it.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

I bet some of you are on the anti Rolland facebook page.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8