The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will or Should Sentiment Come Into It?

2 posters

Go down

Will or Should Sentiment Come Into It? Empty Will or Should Sentiment Come Into It?

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:57 pm

I am on about our game against Australia at the MS in December.

Shane has said it would be nice to bow out in front of a home ground with family around him etc, and I can full undertsand that as he has been great servant for us.

It will also be Nuggetts last chance in front of his home crowd and possibly Stephen Jones both again have been great servants to us.

BUT should they be picked out of sentiment?

For me the answer is no, if they are still playing and in form then fine but not just out of sympathy. Not sure how long Stoddart is out for so if Shane carries on playing for O's then that would be a fair call but I doubt if Jones or M Williams will get muchgametime and their Regions.

IMO I would much rather see Gatland name his strongest side BUT let the 3 players named above do a lap of honour etc before/after the game and take the well deserved appluads from the crowd.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Will or Should Sentiment Come Into It? Empty Re: Will or Should Sentiment Come Into It?

Post by Gatts Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:41 pm

Had we won RWC - yep, bring on the sentiment and play Nuggett
If we lose Friday - no room for it put out vest side
if we win Friday - toughie, we will want to win again and start a series of victories against Aus inthe next 12 months. Shane yes if ft and on form and likewise nuggett off the bench

Gatts

Back to top Go down