The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The X factor and other Saturday night fare

+15
JPX
BigPhil
dyrewolfe
easthfc
dummy_half
Kenny
Scott is Back
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
TwisT
Crimey
legendkillar
Cari
AberdeenSteve
Gregers
Adam D
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The X factor and other Saturday night fare Empty The X factor and other Saturday night fare

Post by Adam D Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:30 pm

So who has been watching the X Factor this year?

Anyone?

Hello?

No wonder - its terrible this year. The only reason to watch it is to see what Johnny and Kitty are going to do. Once they go, I would rather switch over to Downton Abbey or something equally benign.

Anyway, if you want to see a real talent show, check out the US X Factor. The gulf in talent beggars belief. It was judges house this week (where they whittle it down from 32 to 16 acts) - I am not joking when I say that everyone of the 16 who DIDNT make it, would walk the UK version.

Every single act in the last 32 is better than the best of the UK version.

So what are you watching? Strictly?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The X factor and other Saturday night fare Empty Re: The X factor and other Saturday night fare

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:44 pm

I've heard that US version is miles better than the UK. The girls in the house rule the telly so I have to watch the X Factor. Johnny is good fun to watch and I think only Craig and Misha are the ones I look forward to.

However, I get to flick on the Italian football in the breaks. If they weren't in it'd be Merlin and then Italian football for Saturday night telly.

Back to top Go down

The X factor and other Saturday night fare Empty Re: The X factor and other Saturday night fare

Post by Gregers Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Misha is awful Churchill...

Sophie and Janet are the two stand outs for me.

So whens total wipeout returning? Thats quality saturday night tv

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Misha is absolutely terrible.

The entire show is awful there.

The American talent completely blows the UK talent out of the water, even though the ridiculously edited judges houses performances were annoying.

Kelly Rowland & Tulisa, get off our TV!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Tulisa is okay, however Kelly evidently knows nothing about music...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm

I think Misha's got quite a good singing voice, not a big fan of the rapping bits she does. Forgot about Janet, she's actually my favourite (face palm!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:01 pm

The bit about Misha bullying people backstage was bad as well, if so then the judges really do need to get involved (regardless of what Gary said last night)

Final 3 of:

Craig
Janet
Sophie

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:16 pm

x factor is awful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:33 pm

I can't watch any of those types of shows anymore. The judges have become the centre of the programme and it's ruined it. Surely the competition between the contestants should be more important than the judges and what they have to say? I also can't stand the fact that public humiliation has become entertainment on these shows. Talent shows never used to be like this - thinking of Opportunity Knocks. The contestants would come out, do their bit and then the public would vote. Now we have to listen to bitchy judges - some of whom are way out of their depth and don't know what they're talking about so they just slag off the contestant. They need to make these shows more of a fair competition.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:39 pm

If anone caught 'Must Be The Music' last year on Sky 1, they would have saw how a talent competition should be done. Produced some fantastic musicians with a variety of styles. Judges were Dizzee Rascal, Sharelene Spiteri(?) and Jamie Cullum, who each gave live performances on the results shows but the show was in no way centred around them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Churchill wrote:If anone caught 'Must Be The Music' last year on Sky 1, they would have saw how a talent competition should be done. Produced some fantastic musicians with a variety of styles. Judges were Dizzee Rascal, Sharelene Spiteri(?) and Jamie Cullum, who each gave live performances on the results shows but the show was in no way centred around them.

must be the music was fantastic. The right winner was chosen, and the whole show was a success

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Cari wrote:I can't watch any of those types of shows anymore. The judges have become the centre of the programme and it's ruined it. Surely the competition between the contestants should be more important than the judges and what they have to say? I also can't stand the fact that public humiliation has become entertainment on these shows. Talent shows never used to be like this - thinking of Opportunity Knocks. The contestants would come out, do their bit and then the public would vote. Now we have to listen to bitchy judges - some of whom are way out of their depth and don't know what they're talking about so they just slag off the contestant. They need to make these shows more of a fair competition.

Nina Myskow?

There has always been a panto villain judge, its just more glitzy these days.

The UK versions are nowhere like the qulaity of the US versions - AMerican Idol and Us X Factor walk the floor with the judging and talent.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Adam - yeah I remember Nina Myskow on New Faces, but even she wasn't as bad as they are today, and the judges back then certainly didn't have the control over the competition as they have now. The X Factor seems to be more about the competition between the judges rather than the individuals. To be fair to Myskow, she was a critic/journalist anyway, and gave some constructive feedback.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Shows like X-Factor is a glamorous karaoke at best. I tend to find the performances poor and too enhanced for my liking. Take the fat lass yesterday who did Turn Back Time, least her voice shone through whereas others needed backing dancers, flashing lights, backing singers singing above them. As for Frankie, Pete Doherty wannabe. Sad to see a poor impersonator!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

If anyone was impressed by Emeli Sande's vocals just then, check out her Jools Holland performance from a couple of weeks ago. Insanely good.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Emeli Sande is from a small village about an hour from me. We never have anyone famous appear from up here Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 pm

I haven't enjoyed X Factor for years, perhaps only watching one series fully once before, but I have actually enjoyed this year much more.

I think the judging panel is so much better, Dani Minogue was boring and irritating, Cheryl Cole was awful and what has really annoyed me this year is the amount of people kissing Simon Cowell's arse. He was good for the first few years of X Factor, but for the last couple wasn't nasty or entertaining.

I don't think the talent is as high, but for me that isn't as a big of issue as it is for some people, I have enjoyed this year while nobody else seems to have done, but that's fine.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 am

I disagree Leak. I'm not a big Cowell fan but at least he knows a lot about music. More importantly, when he was a judge he would comment on the MUSIC.

This year, all the judges are talking about are backstage stuff. Who cares?! Just judge the music you hear!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 am

I'd expect there to be a bigger pool of talent in the US X Factor compared to the UK one. Given that US X Factor is in it's debut year, and the UK is probably at the end of it's lifecycle. And you only have to compare the US and the UK on an atlas to see the obvious reason why they can find 32 excellent singers and we can't.

Mischa is excellent. I don't know what you're talking about. Mischa, Janet and Craig are the only good ones. The Risk have their moments too.

Kelly Rowland is THE refreshing factor on the X Factor too. She's a great judge. Tulisa is the one who is so blatantly out of her depth. "I took a ballid and put a guitar riff on it, innit. That's rock"

I prefer the judging panel this year. I would have kept Danni over Tulisa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

Electric Demon wrote:Mischa is excellent. I don't know what you're talking about. Mischa, Janet and Craig are the only good ones. The Risk have their moments too.

Kelly Rowland is THE refreshing factor on the X Factor too. She's a great judge. Tulisa is the one who is so blatantly out of her depth. "I took a ballid and put a guitar riff on it, innit. That's rock"

It seems to X Factor that for something to be rock, it didn't necessarily have to be a rock song. Just dress someone in black, possibly some leather and add a guitar rift. I agree on your point on Kelly, I'm not sure how much say she has in her acts songs, but all three song choices were excellent.

Last edited by Churchill on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 am

Kelly Rowland was in one of the biggest all-female groups in the world.
Gary Barlow is in one of the biggest all-male groups in the UK.
Louis Walsh has managed two of the biggest all-male groups in the UK.
Tulisa is in N-Dubz.

There is definitely an odd one out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

Only Gary Barlow likes the ladies?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:40 am

Speaking of Louis Walsh, he is said to be "all over the place" after the split of Westlife....

Though his c0ck is still in One Direction!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 am

I think the format of the X factor needs to change the judges shouldn't choose who stays or goes an act could get thousands less votes then another but be saved by the judges , i think you should be able vote for who you want to leave not for who you want to save ,then you would get a fair opinion of who people like . It would not make as money from phone votes so wont happen though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:38 pm

There's a story out today saying Simon Cowell's coming back to the UK X Factor, so Louis is getting the boot.

If they took the judges vote away, the public might take it more seriously. That's the bit that makes some people think it's all fixed because the judges are tactically voting people off, not keeping in who they thought was the best performer.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:39 pm

lol must be the music was so much better Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:42 pm

There are a few problems with X Factor this year:
1 - A lack of likeability amongst the finalists. Frankie's a naughty naughty boy, Mischa is incredibly arrogant and Kitty is the definitition of Drama Queen. Half of the others are just bland - musical wallpaper.

2 - A basic lack of talent. There simply aren't enough quality singers in the UK to run a programme of this scale annually. Look at the winners over the last few years - probably only about 1 in 3 winners (going right back to Pop Stars) has really made a succesful career. Girls ALoud, Will Young, Leona Lewis - other than these few, there has been either a short period of selling records or a career that has fizzled out (Michelle McManus, Shane Ward, Joe McEldrey)

3 - It feels very manipulative this year. It's obvious the producers are aiming for Mischa to win, hence she's being presented differently from all the others.

4 - The judging panel is still 'beddnig in' to their roles.

5 - The 'Twist' of the first week of live shows meant that the audience is not as invested in the acts as they should have been.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:31 pm

The biggest problem with the X factor and its been like it since the first series is that every judge past and present thinks its all about them winning not the acts winning .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:11 am

Agree with Kenny. The judges would rather give their own rubbish act a standing ovation than give an honest critique. It's done in such an obvious way too.

It's far too much about the judges and I feel like it's more about the story lines created rather than finding the best act.

Frankie is the main example of this. My ears!! The guy is horrible and will never win the show yet got on the show ahead of much better singers.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:13 pm

About the only things I watch on a Saturday are Merlin, MOTD and (If I can be bothered) the Football League Show.

All "reality TV" and "talent" shows are utter garbage IMO.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

i agree dyrewolf, apart from merlin.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Cowell knows its core audience and its standards. It's aimed at moronic kids aged between 9 and 16 and even more moronic 50 or 60 year old women who live at home with their 20 cats.

Saturday evenings are going to get slightly better now, ITV's The Chase is moving to Saturday nights at 6pm and that's a cracking game show. It's a celebrity version but I'm sure it'll retain its charm during its run.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

It was a shame Sophie went out, she was the only reason I watched. Serious bit of eye candy randy

As for that Frankie moron, I mean I know he's all rock n roll, you know being on X factor and all, but can he not stand still for 2 seconds? And if he could sing in tune it would be a bonus.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:31 am

Loved the bit on the Xtra factor though when they asked him about the tart from Geordie shore and he said he met her and banged her Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 am

I thought Rhythmix (can't remember new name) were the best this week.

Which suprised me a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Little Mix, yeah they are suprisingly half decent.

Gary is right though, you cant pick a winner.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Agreed JPX, Sophie made it worth watching

Little Mix
Janet
Marcus

There is your final right there

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Agreed JPX, Sophie made it worth watching

Little Mix
Janet
Marcus

There is your final right there

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm going to call a final of;

Little Mix
Marcus
Craig

Janet I really like - bit she's one of those type who won't attract the votes I think (like Diana Vickers) because she's too different, and radio just wouldn't cope with a different style of voice. It would fall apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Janet wont win because everthing she sings sounds the same
Misha B wont win because when it comes to likeability she has none

Little Mix are getting better

Marcus is a decent performer

but i think Craig will win just be because when it comes to votes he has the likeability factor so it wont matter if hes the best singer .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:38 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
but i think Craig will win just be because when it comes to votes he has the likeability factor so it wont matter if hes the best singer .

And can you imagine the winners video, with him starting off in black and white, all fat and that - then gradually in the clips he loses weight week by week, until the full colour key change moment where he is really thin.

It'll be sickening. It'll make you want to vomit more than he does after dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

And can you imagine the winners video, with him starting off in black and white, all fat and that - then gradually in the clips he loses weight week by week, until the full colour key change moment where he is really thin.

It'll be sickening. It'll make you want to vomit more than he does after dinner.

Laugh Yes but they could release a weight loss dvd aswell as the single Simon Cowell must be rubbing his hands together DOUBLE BUBBLE
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Sophie was rank, she had a face like a plate, and i bet her hair smelt.

I reckon Marcus is the best all rounder, can sing dance and is likeable.

I reckon the final will be

Marcus
The Risk
Craig

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:51 pm

For some reason I cant stand Craig its not because he's fat but I think all his songs have sounded samey week in week out but I agree he will be in the final probably with Marcus and hopefully Kitty (she is one durty mare)

Sophie didnt derserve to get knocked out THIS week, Frankie is shocking, his vocals are rubbish and how Rock and Roll can you be on Xfactor seriously, I can see Misha being in the bottom 2 again next week but how long can the judges keep saving her

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a feeling X Factor would have liked to have kept Misha B in for ages, but completley missed judged the bullying comments so not many will vote for her now.

Marcus cannot sing! Well he can, but he's always flat.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 pm

X FACTOR wild child Frankie Cocozza has been booted off the show, The Sun can reveal.

Hard-partying Frankie, 18, has grabbed headlines this year with his late-night boozing and sexual exploits.

The exact reason for his axe is not yet known but insiders said he had broken a "golden rule".

He is thought to have infuriated X Factor bosses at the weekend by staying out partying all night.

Frankie's behaviour is also being probed by TV regulator Ofcom.

He yelled: "F****** have it!" after getting through on October 23 — swearing before the 9pm watershed.

This afternoon Frankie issued a statement apologising to mentor Gary Barlow and all the fans who voted to keep him in the show.

He admitted things had got "out of control" and confessed to breaking competition rules.

He said: "I'd like to apologise to Gary, my fellow contestants and everyone who has voted for me, but, as of today, I will no longer be in The X Factor.

"My life during the show has gone out of control and my behaviour off stage has over-stepped the rules of the competition. I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving.

"I would like to thank everyone who has supported me."

Bosses on the show confirmed Frankie's departure, and revealed he will be taking a break before continuing his career alone.

An X Factor spokesperson said: "Frankie is leaving the show today after breaking competition rules. He is going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer. We wish him all the best for his future."

A show source earlier revealed: "Frankie is devastated but he has broken a golden rule so producers had no option but to axe him.

"He had an extra boost from being kept in at the weekend when he thought he was going to go.

"But now his dream is officially over and he only has himself to blame."

Ironically, he told Gary that he planned to QUIT last weekend if he landed in the bottom two of the public vote.

But despite surviving on Sunday after a lacklustre performance of I've Got A Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas, Frankie will not appear next week.

On Sunday he threw a tantrum and told Gary he had enough after getting abuse on Twitter.

A show source said: "Frankie had a meltdown. He knows he won't win and can't be bothered with all the haters."

Frankie told fans after Sunday night's show: "I won't lie, it's been a tough week. I thought I was going, but luck was on my side."

Frankie has been repeatedly reprimanded for his all-night partying and endless womanising on the show, and bosses are thought to have finally snapped.

Yesterday, rejects The Risk revealed they had warned him to cut down his partying.

Andy Merry, 20, said: "We said to him, 'You've got a great opportunity, just calm down a bit.'"

Ashford Campbell, 19, added: "He balances the work and the play — but at the minute I think he's just enjoying the playing."

Paddy Power today said they would be refunding any customers who, somewhat optimistically, bet on wild child Frankie winning this year's X Factor.

Liverpudlian hairdresser Marcus Collins remain the bookies' 9/4 favourite ahead of silky-voiced Janet Devlin at 3/1 and Craig Colton at 7/2.

Shocked Sun readers flocked to our message boards after we revealed the news.

Michele Scully wrote: "Good riddance...now just kitty 2 go, she sings through her nose!!!!"

And Walters17 said: "Thank god i was getting sick of the wannabe bad boy rockstar act not to mention his hair!"

But gvizzle said: "I'm genuinly gutted for the lad. i didn't rate him in the slightest but at least he had character."

While Carpycouk added: "Is the golden rule 'Must be able to sing' if so he broke that ages ago!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3922033/Frankie-Cocozza-kicked-off-X-Factor.html

Not sure if I am happy or not about this. He was a disaster and quite enjoyed the awfulness he was.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Hope they dont bring someone back in to replace him .

Although the lead singer from the Risk deserves to still be in it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 pm

[quote="Adam D (Hobo)] An X Factor spokesperson said: "He is going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer." [/quote]

Good luck with that! Erm

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo as to quote the man himself "F****** have it"

I hate the little boll0x

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote: Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo as to quote the man himself "F****** have it"

I hate the little boll0x

Isnt that the new name of the girl group?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next