The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Could Change One Result?

+14
barrystar
LuvSports!
yummymummy
zx1234
Positively 4th Street
The Special Juan
sirfredperry
JuliusHMarx
laverfan
Danny_1982
gallery play
bogbrush
Tenez
legendkillar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If You Could Change One Result? - Page 2 Empty If You Could Change One Result?

Post by legendkillar Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Hmmmmm....I have often looked back at matches and asked myself 'If only he/she had won' There have been so many matches I have wished it on. Feds v Rafa Wim 2008, Agassi v Feds USO 2005, Murray v Roddick Wim 2009, Becker v Sampras Wim 1995, Rusedski v Roddick Wim 2003 (Shockingly I know!!) Novotna v Graf 1990 Wim, Davenport v Williams Wim 2005. So many to name.

But for me.....

Henman v Ivanisevic Wim 2001

Because I am British? Partially. Because it's Tiger Tim? Maybe. I think more than anything else it was an opporunity wasted and for me watching someone just throw it away because the pressure was too much. What fans would give for Murray to face a wildcard ranked 125 in the world in a Semi Final at Wimbledon. I know we have seen 3 Murray whitewashes in GS Finals, but Tim had a real chance. Rafter waiting on the other side. Already with a Final loss under his belt at Wimbledon. Granted he is a US Open champion and already slayed fellow Brit Rusedski in a GS Final, but this was Wimbledon. Tim having a 2-1 lead in the match as the Heavens opened on that fateful Saturday. Come Sunday he was out in 5. I would so love to know what Tim done in those 24 hours. For the time being I will never know. So many if's and what's for me came from that. For me that is the biggest opportuniy ever granted to a British player since the days of Fred.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

If You Could Change One Result? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Change One Result?

Post by barrystar Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Tim vs. Goran 2001 was a choker for Henman, I agree, but let's be honest - Goran wears the mantle of Slam winner better than Henman could have worn the mantle of Slam finalist or Slam winner if he'd have got to the final.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

If You Could Change One Result? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Change One Result?

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

Ah, but being there barrystar, can you imagine the crowd noise if Tim were in the final...and would he have choked on the pressure too, Goran may have done him an immense favour after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2