The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major TNA tapings Spoiler

+19
Samo
Lex-Express
Ent
Kay Fabe
Dx Dan.
Crimey
Marky
Stan Marsh
The Awesome Giz
Adam D
XR
marty2086
TwisT
Mr H
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
JoshSansom
crippledtart
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Major TNA tapings Spoiler - Page 2 Empty Major TNA tapings Spoiler

Post by crippledtart Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Robert Roode won the world title by turning heel on James Storm and smashing a beer bottle over his head, to be shown on the 3rd Nov Impact.

Can I just clarify, it isn't April 2012. This huge storyline shift which should have been built for 3-6 months has been taped in the very same month that Roode lost at BFG and Storm won the title.

I take back everything good I said about TNA.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Major TNA tapings Spoiler - Page 2 Empty Re: Major TNA tapings Spoiler

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

Must say that as a growing TNA fan and having followed Roode's build up to BFG I'm seriously disappoined with this turn of events.

It was stupid having that "1 fight only" clause in the contract. I had no problems with Angle's dodgy win, (at least it was something of a surprise), but it should have been settled with a straightforward rematch, instead of Storm having to deputise for Roode.

Methinks TNA REALLY need to get some new writers in...brother! Hell, I reckon most of us could write better storylines than whoever is curently responsible.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:

I imagine that's the justification given by Hogan or whoever made the decision.

Normally, it makes sense for the babyface to be chasing the title, but the entire crux of this angle should have been Roode's gradual resentment at Storm's success.

My theory is that this has been booked to deliberately fail. The main event of the next PPV is Roode vs Styles; when the buyrate comes in low, Hogan can cite it as proof that those two shouldn't be main eventing.

I hope you're wrong and just being hyper cynical but the scary thing is it makes total sense of Hogan's apparent delusions of granduer - not only does he think he's still a big draw but he obviously believes he is a wrestling oracle and the world's greatest booker. This is so sad. From what was a great road to victory story through the BFG series and TNA chickening out with giving the ball to Roode, they then go and make a hash job of a shocking title change with Storm and then - just when you think there is potential for a great feud with Roode once more chasing the title growing ever more resentful of his long time tag partner stealing his thunder and glory they go and blow it in a matter of 'weeks'. Poor...poor decisions. Sad nope

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

In other news, what the hell is the deal with Christopher Daniels and the screwdriver? Shocked

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:33 pm

It's quite disappointing really, the more I think of it the more stupid it seems

Bobby Roode HAD to win the title clean at BFG, it was the main event on TNA's biggest PPV after the inaugrial BFG Series, he should havw won and when Angle offered his hand he should have shook it, nailed him, kicked him out of 'his' ring and celebrated with Fortune

Over the next month or two Roode could have become more arrogant and cocky, have him care about nothing but himself, watch James Storm struggle to bridge the gap between Roode and Fortune, have him leave them high and dry during battles to save himself

Through time after looking after number one once to often James Storm would finally wash his hands of him and let AJ and Kaz beat the crap out of him

After feuding with AJ I'd have James Storm ready to feud with him inthe highly anticipated feud everyone has been seemingly waiting for instead of just rushing it.

TNA have just totally skipped a major part of what could be a top story

They've went A B C D E F.....Z

Some times the journey is the best part of the story and I feel TNA have skipped that just to get to the place they think everyone wants to be at

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm

I think everyone believes this angle has been rushed. I like Crips theory on Hogan setting the whole think up to fail

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:39 pm

Well Bound For Glory bombed so if the Hulkster was worried about failure he has to question if him and Sting after a near on two year storyline was really worth it? I'll save anyone time, HELL NO!!!!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:37 am

the-gaffer wrote:Well Bound For Glory bombed so if the Hulkster was worried about failure he has to question if him and Sting after a near on two year storyline was really worth it? I'll save anyone time, HELL NO!!!!

You think Hogan's gonna take any of the blame for the BFG buyrate? HELL NO!!!!

"That's what happens when you put a Canadian dude in the main event brother! Me and the Stinger should have gone on last jack!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

the-gaffer wrote:Well Bound For Glory bombed so if the Hulkster was worried about failure he has to question if him and Sting after a near on two year storyline was really worth it? I'll save anyone time, HELL NO!!!!

Hogan should be an ambassador for this industry - he could even go as far as commentary if he wanted to have a bigger presence on screen but to act as this general manager/meglomaniac who took over control of the company and even wrestle on the biggest PPV of the year (albeit with Sting) TNA should never have allowed it. Hogan is a leech - nothing more than a parasite. thumbsdown

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

So is there anyway, now they have turned Roode heel in supersonic time, for TNA to rescue the situation?

Obviously when I say rescue, it is from our point of view. I am sure TNA are patting themselves on the back for yet another well executed turn.

Cap'n Picard.......Make it so.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

I can picture the next Botchamania episode being nothing but Hogan, Bischoff, Russo and the rest of TNA creative just sitting there, staring at the camera for 10 minutes.

And Hogan will bill it as the most exciting 10 minutes of wrestling action this decade.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 28 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

After 2 title changes on Impact they are now billing Jeff Hardys first match in 7 1/2 months on Impact as a huge event

Surely they should have saved this for Turning Point too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 28 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

With poor ppv numbers are they putting this stuff on free tv to try build up the numbers?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 28 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

the-gaffer wrote:It's quite disappointing really, the more I think of it the more stupid it seems

Bobby Roode HAD to win the title clean at BFG, it was the main event on TNA's biggest PPV after the inaugrial BFG Series, he should havw won and when Angle offered his hand he should have shook it, nailed him, kicked him out of 'his' ring and celebrated with Fortune

Over the next month or two Roode could have become more arrogant and cocky, have him care about nothing but himself, watch James Storm struggle to bridge the gap between Roode and Fortune, have him leave them high and dry during battles to save himself

Through time after looking after number one once to often James Storm would finally wash his hands of him and let AJ and Kaz beat the crap out of him

After feuding with AJ I'd have James Storm ready to feud with him inthe highly anticipated feud everyone has been seemingly waiting for instead of just rushing it.

TNA have just totally skipped a major part of what could be a top story

They've went A B C D E F.....Z

Some times the journey is the best part of the story and I feel TNA have skipped that just to get to the place they think everyone wants to be at

Like it. thumbsup

Please, please, PLEASE apply for a job with TNA's creative department. I reckon you could be department head in less than a year. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 28 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

If this whole sorry mess really is a result of Hogan trying to hog the limelight then I will lose all respect for him.

Wonder what Sting makes of all this, after Dixie Carter asked him to take charge of Impact? Him and Hogan are apparently best buddies now...are they on a joint mission to bring back the "good ol' days?"
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2