The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUDAH - how far can he go now

+5
HumanWindmill
88Chris05
samevans1
The Galveston Giant
oxring
9 posters

Go down

JUDAH - how far can he go now Empty JUDAH - how far can he go now

Post by oxring Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:51 am

Zab Judah roared to a degree of redemption this weekend - stopping Mabuza in the 7th round to claim the vacant IBF welterweight title. Now although that in itself is a joke - as the belt belongs to Bradley; having beaten Alexander to claim it - could this herald a return to great things for the once p4p fighter? Judah was at his best - making Mabuza miss and responding with crisp hard counters - he remains behind Khan and Bradley in the pecking order - but there's a chance he could make life difficult for both if they were to meet.

Is this redemption for Judah? Where does he go from here?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

JUDAH - how far can he go now Empty Re: JUDAH - how far can he go now

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:59 am

Having watched the fight Judah deserves credit for a great performance and putting a bit of life back in his career, lets hope he goes after a fight with Bradley or Khan because after that performance i agree with yourself that he causes problems for both.

Was good to see Mike Tyson winging away at ringside while Mabuza was taking his standing eight count, which the ref should have been shot for as he was done at this stage.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 4:16 am

Judah looked good in this fight; his defense seems to have improved now Whitaker is training him.

I think Bradley and Khan beat him; but he could make some very intresting fights with the likes of Alexander and Maidana.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 9:22 am

I think the best we can say for Judah is that he has, in all probability, at least earned himself another big payday against one of the many options at 140 lb. I'm not going to get too far ahead of myself and say he can once again go on to great things, though. Nice to see a former genuine pound for pound star achieve one last hurrah, but that's all it will be in my opinion.

I think Khan and Bradley beat him nine times out of ten. I think Khan's quicksilver attacks and Bradley's rough and rugged style would unsettle him too much, and we've seen time and time again how easily frustrated Judah gets when this happens and he can't establish his rhythm.

He could mix it with Maidana, but then so can Khan (as we've seen), Bradley, Alexander and most of the other top names at 140 lb. I'd expect to see Judah against at least one of the names I've mentioned between now and his retirement, but don't really hold any great hope for him winning of those fights.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:11 pm

There is a small and fairly exclusive group of fighters throughout history who, ostensibly, had the lot and yet lacked a certain, often invisible, ingredient which would otherwise have seen them scale the heights. I don't mean the Kirkland Laings or John Contehs of this world, whose undoing came courtesy of events outside the ring, but rather hugely gifted fighters who had an Achilles' heel. Jack Sharkey was one, and at a push I suppose we could say that Tyson's mental frailties would qualify him to be another.

I believe that Judah belongs to this group, and I would doubt that he will consolidate his latest success with wins over Khan or Bradley. Ultimately, I fear that it's Zab's destiny to be remembered as a ' nearly man.'

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:56 pm

it would be a intresting fight with khan. khan is still learning despite his world title. and hasnt come up against anyone with any type of speed (please dont tell me paulie is quick!!). which is his strength.

judah could pose potenial problems for khan, id still back khan to come out and beat him. i just think that its a good fight to take on for khans delevopment. not to sure khans team would see it that way, as they seem content on calling out mayweather, looking past alot of people and would see zab as too much risk with little reward.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Mon 07 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

Judah's current training regime has certainly given him some new found confidence. Goes without saying this was his best performance for yonks. Perhaps, a fight between Judah and Holt would be an interesting one, or Peterson. Still Judah was lucky with the decision against Matthysse and has been knocked down in his last two fights, not sure how far he will go. He deserves his shot at one of the division's big names.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:14 pm

He would give any of them fits.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:16 pm

Will likely beat the likes of Alexander but cant see him beating Khan and Bradley
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

liam_main4 wrote:Will likely beat the likes of Alexander but cant see him beating Khan and Bradley

I can see him beating Khan but not Bradley. I can see Khan beating Bradley though. Styles/fights etc.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

Can see Khan winning in a close UD,be strange to see how the later rounds what pan out considering both arn't great staminia fighters
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down