The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 Discussion

+3
cherriesfna
Colan (niner)
thunder and lightning
7 posters

Go down

Week 10 Discussion Empty Week 10 Discussion

Post by thunder and lightning Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:23 pm

From the early games I watched my Titans comprehensively dismantle the Panthers to keep playoff hopes alive for another week at least. Matt H is still playing at a very high level for us and CJ finally got rolling properly which bodes well for us down the stretch. I was still a bit unhappy with his first half performance, looked hesitant and wasn't hitting holes like he used to, but in the 2nd he showed a bit of the old CJ2K.

Atlanta play calling is soooooooo frustrating. 1st possetion in OT on a 3rd and 2 and they throw instead of running it with possibly the 2nd best between the tackles runner in the NFL. Good win for NO who now look to have that division sewn up. At this rate I can see both playoff teams coming out of the north.

Now watching the Bears v Lions game ..... one question ..... why do teams keep kicking it to Hester?

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Discussion Empty Re: Week 10 Discussion

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

well done niners, I know its only 1 half but smith is showing he can pass the ball very well and that D is a turnover machine. Unfortunately missed the titans game but so happy cj2k got going, also happy that damian williams is stepping up, i have said for a while he is really talented

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

ohh yeah ray who???
19-7 da hawks show up!!! beast mode!!!!
ahhh!!!!!!
feeel teh 12th man roar!!!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:59 am

I think we found out that the Bucs are an extremely average team. Average QB/receivers and a leaky defence.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

I really thought the Pats were going to lose three straight last night.

I'm still not sure if we won or if the Jets lost, but Sanchez didn't have a good game. Which is nice Very Happy

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 14 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

Niners are legit and everyone knows it now, they WILL beat the ravens and steelers, worst case scenario, a 13-3 season, hopeful i know. Agree with the bucs though, i know freeman is still inexperienced but i think hes overated, this year he seems incapable of scanning across the field and looking for open receivers, but maybe williams isnt stepping up. They are youthful though, after a few more drafts they could be contenders but when you dont have a no 1 wideout, a good run or pass d, a shutdown corner or a pass rushing terror you are stuck.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:01 pm

got to say also that eli manning is great, the guy threw a pick but he always looks in control. Also got to add that harbaugh is amazing, he is hilarious in all of the post game locker room vids on the niners website, i have never seen a coach more- fired up- WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!!!!!!!!

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

Niner, Freeman is making some bad decsions and throws but his receivers have dropped passes and haven't been getting open. There is also the penalties!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

I know but in the games i have seen of tampa, winslow has been wide open on occasions and freeman just seems dialed in on one target. dont get me started with poor receiver play, i took williams in fantasyland and he has ruined me. In a year or two with the bucs though- watch out as freeman will be better and surely they will get another good receiver soon, plus their d-line is inexperienced but with huge upside.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

Saw that in the IS game Freeman missed some terrible throws, underthrown and missed K2 a few times. He is staring down the receiver aswell. If the Bucs don't improve their OC will be gone and probably their head coach.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

From the highlights the Browns vs Rams game looked poor, did anyone bother watching it? A few nice catches were shown and quite liked the Seneca Wallace 21 yard catch play.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

I must just say that the Jonathon Baldwin "non catch" behind the back of Brian Dawkins was absolutely amazing. Never seen a catch like it!

Didn't watch the Browns Rams. They were properly slating it during the highlights I watched. I just cant get excited about those two teams atm

*did see the missed FG at the end though. Yes the snap was horrific, but the holder actual got the ball down and the kicker had a half decent strike at it and still pulled it wide left by a mile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:34 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:I must just say that the Jonathon Baldwin "non catch" behind the back of Brian Dawkins was absolutely amazing. Never seen a catch like it!

Didn't watch the Browns Rams. They were properly slating it during the highlights I watched. I just cant get excited about those two teams atm

*did see the missed FG at the end though. Yes the snap was horrific, but the holder actual got the ball down and the kicker had a half decent strike at it and still pulled it wide left by a mile
I have a feeling I may have seen a catch like that somewhere on youtube but I can't remember fully I've watched a lot of "Top 10 NFL catches" videos.

I imagine many people are struggling to get excited about the Rams and Browns this year (my optimism at the start of the season has disappeared) both have been poor so far. I agree about the missed FG right at the end the snap was bad but the holder managed to get it down to a normal position and Dawson had a chance to convert it and he missed, could argue about disruption in his timing but surely it wasn't too bad?

What do people think about Aqib Talib's pick being over-ruled? Personally I don't think it should have been.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:01 am

Derby, myself and Pr4wn were freaking about it in the chat box!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

I didn't think it should have been overturned

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down