The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12 Discussion

+12
cherriesfna
TM Moot
mikeygnfl
Pr4wn
BamBam
GB1919
RDuncan8
Derbyblue
thunder and lightning
adams_legend
crazy_dave23
Grizzly
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Week 12 Discussion Empty Re: Week 12 Discussion

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:38 am

Ndamukong Suh - one classless SOAB

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:43 am

Grizzly wrote:Ndamukong Suh - one classless SOAB

Got that right... disgracefull

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:59 am

Grizzly wrote:Ndamukong Suh - one classless SOAB

He really is an idiot, going up against a team like the packers and you get yourself thrown out.

I blame the head coach a bit as he seems to let his team get away with anything they want and even he has shown to have no class in some games

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:03 am

Not sure what was worse .. Suh or Nickelback ...

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 am

I remember when Suh got drafted, first thing he did was donate $2m to Nebraska uni for giving him the opportunity to play football and for coaching him to NFL standard, I read an interview and he sounded like a real level headed guy, this year in particular he's started trash talking, giving up dumb penalties and making some idiot decisions.
I've certainly changed the way I view him....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Week 12 Discussion Empty Week 12 Discussion

Post by thunder and lightning Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:16 am

Lol at Durrant doing Rodger's endzone celebration when his team is down 24-8, Lions are swiftly becoming my most disliked team in the NFL.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:51 am

thunder and lightning wrote:Not sure what was worse .. Suh or Nickelback ...

Nickelback' Stage shenanigans...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:56 am

Well looks like there will definitely be another fine and maybe a suspension heading Suh's way, stupid thing to do in any game but against the Packers you need your best players playing as much as possible.

Not quite the shoot out everyone was expecting before the game, missed the second half how was it compared to the first?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 am

I fell asleep. Hopefully this works in my favour for the next two games.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 am

Big pass interference penalty but then a good pick early for Davis, wonder what Moore and the Dolphins offense can do from here.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:31 am

Derbyblue wrote:
Not quite the shoot out everyone was expecting before the game, missed the second half how was it compared to the first?

Well from my perspective the second half was much better...
Actually, maybe I should refine that. The third quarter was pretty decent to watch... not what was expected in terms of competitiveness or points but hey.

Fourth was a bit dull as it was relatively obvious that it was all over.

Game in general was spoilt by penalties (from both teams not just Detroit). Came across as sloppy and denied the Lions the early points that would have made the game really interesting

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:33 am

Oh and Suh says it was unintentional... My opinions on this cannot be broadcast

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8246eec7/article/lions-dt-suh-says-thirdquarter-ejection-was-unwarranted?module=HP11_headline_stack

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 am

The stamp was bad but the lying about what happened is ridiculous. It certainly sealed the fact that a suspension will be on the way.

Questions have arisen about the Lions through this season but you really have to wonder about this one. They surely pay numerous people tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars for PR and to protect and promote the image of the club, yet they let him go out and give that press conference. The only thing to conclude is that the club agree with this view and condone it. Very odd.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:08 am

GB1919 wrote:The stamp was bad but the lying about what happened is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree with this. I could let the stamp go as a moment of madness, heat of the moment etc (it happens) but lying and saying it was an accident is just ridiculous.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 am

Agree with everyone else, that stamp was out of line, the refs were right to eject him from the game and he probably will be banned for a game, rightly so.

Moving on to the Cowboys game, well this is a bit of a stinker so far isn't it? I have to say that the Dolphins defence looks a million miles away from the first few games of the season, all credit to their DC

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:23 am

Lions are the new Jets....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am

RDuncan8 wrote:
GB1919 wrote:The stamp was bad but the lying about what happened is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree with this. I could let the stamp go as a moment of madness, heat of the moment etc (it happens) but lying and saying it was an accident is just ridiculous.
Got to agree too, if he had come out and said I'm sorry heat of the moment got to me, I accept I'll get fined and maybe suspended for my actions he could have saved some respect (don't want to say earned some).

bambamwillis wrote:Moving on to the Cowboys game, well this is a bit of a stinker so far isn't it?
Yep nothing special so far, but then I'm quite happy with that makes it fairly easy for me to go to bed soon.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:29 am

Anyone for the Chat Box?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 am

Romo was great on that drive for the Cowboys, made 3 plays when under intense pressure which would have been 3 sacks if he had waited just a few moments longer before throwing the pass. One issue for me where's Bryant? I need some fantasy points!

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 am

Cowboys Dolphins game really starting to get going now, really hoping the Dolphins can pull this one out of the bag. Brandon Marshall and Hartline have been very good 2nd half.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:15 am

thunder and lightning wrote:Cowboys Dolphins game really starting to get going now, really hoping the Dolphins can pull this one out of the bag. Brandon Marshall and Hartline have been very good 2nd half.
Very slow start but is going right down to the wire. Will Dallas take the FG on try to stop the Dolphins in last 2 mins?

Last edited by NFL MIKE on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:16 am

Pr4wn - where is chat box ?

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:23 am

Time out 3 seconds to go losing 17-19. Field goal anyone?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:27 am

Grizzly wrote:Pr4wn - where is chat box ?
It was at the bottom of the page, but it's now been shut.

That Dolphins @ Cowboys game sure improved in the second half, coming right down to the wire. I'm off to bed guys enjoy the 49ers @ Ravens.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:Game in general was spoilt by penalties (from both teams not just Detroit). Came across as sloppy and denied the Lions the early points that would have made the game really interesting

Most happy with the win and it sets it up nicely for the return Divisional Game in only a couple of weeks. If Suh ain't suspended for that one, it could get messy... Shocked

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 pm

saettle are going to the Play-offs
apparently Erm
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Just woke up after watching the niners/ravens. The Ravens D was amazing and our o-line could not cope. It sort of seemed that the niners didn't have the same energy as in recent weeks, but the o-line cannot allow that again, davis and snyder weren't fully fit I suppose.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 am

Also wanted to ask what all of you thought about the 7f yard ginn td being called back. Irrespective of whether its the 'technically correct' decision, the analysts and commentators though it was soft, after watching it again on the nfl website, it really annoys me that it was called back, that 'chop block' was in no way dangerous, is that how soft the game has to be

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:29 am

niner wrote:Also wanted to ask what all of you thought about the 7f yard ginn td being called back. Irrespective of whether its the 'technically correct' decision, the analysts and commentators though it was soft, after watching it again on the nfl website, it really annoys me that it was called back, that 'chop block' was in no way dangerous, is that how soft the game has to be
I thought it was very soft, especially when you see all the pushing and shoving after the snatch back (is that the right word? My mind has gone blank there).

There was that decision and a big penalty just after that on an interception that that help out the Ravens. Had those two decisions gone the other way I think the 49ers would have won despite the impressive Ravens defence performance. There wasn't that much in the game and one touchdown was always likely to be the difference.

mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:56 am

I thought the pick was interference tbh, I loved how he went up and got the ball though. Regardless of how good the ravens D was, its like you say, but for bad decision imo, we could be talking about a different result.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 am

niner wrote:Just woke up after watching the niners/ravens. The Ravens D was amazing and our o-line could not cope. It sort of seemed that the niners didn't have the same energy as in recent weeks, but the o-line cannot allow that again, davis and snyder weren't fully fit I suppose.

Road trips on shorts weeks especially coast to coast are always tough, I wouldn't be too down about a loss that does not mater and is unlikely to have any bearing on your season.....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:48 am

I thought the niners and detroit were going to pull of some shocks yesterday but oh well. Really wanted the niners to keep pace with the packers though, if we managed to win this, the steelers at home would have been the last really tough game.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:27 am

beat the skins 5-6
beat the eagles 6-6
beat the rams 7-6
beat the cutlerless bears 8-6(no even the worldsgreatest caleb can beat our D)
beat the 49ers9-6(49ers suck in seattle)
beat the cardinals 10-6

WILDCARD PLAYOFFS Yahoo
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:54 am

It wouldn't surprise me if the niners lost in Seattle, the niners have a much more talented team but that crowd noise, mixed with sound system that amps it beyond belief = a qb and o-line nightmare.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:01 am

ohh we willsee who has the more talented team on the day lol

our offence has improved since then are our D is almost at the level yours is,
no doubt 49ers are better but not by far.
we could easily be 6-4 if we ddint miss a game winning field goal and if T-Jax wand lynch wernt out vs thebrowns.

were you missing any O-lineman vs the raven or should clemons start licking his lips Ok!

also what do you do with 11 seconds to go and i TO, kick a 61 yard field goal or pass and give your kicker a shorter and easier kickl
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:22 am

The o-line was a bit banged up tbh, anthony davis wasn't expected to play and snyder got inured during the game, that right side had improved so much. Your D is ok but st louis have the worst o-line in the league, the way the niners line played yesterday is they way theirs play every game. I think itll be a while before the seattle D is up to the niners standards, Both teams have stuttering offenses but the niners D have led them to a 9-2 record. Also Most turnovers in the league, the best front 7 in the league aong with the ravens. Ill admit i'd take earl thomas though, he is really good but the rest of your secondary will make smith look good hopefully.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 am

what about kam chancelor, first full seaon as a starter after sitting out last year behind malloy, 3 picks and gor up to an 81ovrll on madden.
#
and smith better start to worry, cause even our DEs are getting picks and stiff arming.

may i point out we almost had you in SF until TED GINN devil decided to turn up.

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 am

niner wrote:Also wanted to ask what all of you thought about the 7f yard ginn td being called back. Irrespective of whether its the 'technically correct' decision, the analysts and commentators though it was soft, after watching it again on the nfl website, it really annoys me that it was called back, that 'chop block' was in no way dangerous, is that how soft the game has to be
“It was a bang-bang play for Chilo,” Harbaugh said. “He really just got his hands on him. I wish he could have seen that and not put his hands on him. It was certainly a chop block, and it was a good call. You had one guy going low, and then Chilo put his hands on the defender, which turned it into a chop block.”

Gore also declined to criticize the penalty, saying only, “The referee made the call and that’s what it was. I would like to take it back. We just have to do better.”
By the letter of the law it was a penalty even if it's not always called.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm

haha ted ginn, that guy is such a frustrating player, sometimes he is unbelievable but other times does nothing. You may well beat us in seattle but from what ive seen, jackson throws a few wild balls every game and rogers, goldson, and whitner have been ball hawks this year.

With regards to the chop block call, fair enough it was correct but I think its just the lack of consistency that annoys me as how many times has that been ignored, especially when its that soft. Its even more annoying when alex smith is sacked twice by having his facemask pulled down and that wasn't called

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 am

I can't wait to see the Browns lose the Battle of Ohio later, which if it hasn't changed hasn't managed to sell enough tickets for it to not get blacked-out. What games are you all going to be watching?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 am

Bucs vTitans a massive game. I could see the Bucs winning they need to be as youngry as last week though. Fat Al is active anyway.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35 am

I will be watching them all on REDZONE!!!!

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 am

A 12 yard run and Blount fumbles. Sweet Jesus.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 am

Nothing comes of it except a 2 yard loss on a Johnson run. Bucs pinned in deep though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:15 am

Great opening drive for Cleveland, first first quarter touchdown of the season and Jordan Norwood's first career touchdown, Hillis has been getting a few carries. Just hope it continues.

Thomond wrote:A 12 yard run and Blount fumbles. Sweet Jesus.
I should have known that last week was just Blount punishing me for not starting him in my fantasy team.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 am

Blount is doing very good besides that. 5 rushes for 19 and a catch for 35. Bucs 3rd and 13 at the 24 a field goal not so bad after starting at the 9.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 am

A TD from the resulting kickoff. Siúcra. Another trick play from a kickoff by Tennesse. Music City miracle-esque

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:27 am

Big play by the Cleveland defense managing to stop Dalton inches from crossing the goal line, and then stopping Benson from converting the attempt on 4th down. If they continue like this I'll have to rewrite my article I was writing!

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 am

amazing ko return for the titans. Don't know if anyone knows about tommie campbell but I think he was actually a janitor whilst playing the sport in college. Due to the titans being a favourite team of mine, i looked him up last year on draft day and was delighted to see a pretty big safety who has run in the 4.29 to 4.31 range

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 am

im guessing the titans win by two td's now

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next