The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard?

+5
The Galveston Giant
Steffan
AlexHuckerby
SportsmanGC
Commander
9 posters

Go down

Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard? Empty Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard?

Post by Commander Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I haven't seen a post about it and I missed the fight but have heard it was a cracker!

Commander

Back to top Go down

Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard? Empty Re: Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard?

Post by SportsmanGC Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

prescott clear on the cards. Should have stayed away in the 12th but got caught. His own poor tactics and he knew it at the end

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard? Empty Re: Did anyone watch Prescott v Alvarado on the undercard?

Post by SportsmanGC Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm

make that the 10th

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 pm

typical prescott puts everything into every punch doesnt take a round off then tires towards the end that being said he is value for money, hes rarely in dull fights and i have a bit of a soft spot for the guy....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Prescotts a good fighter and can be entertaining at times. Everytime he steps up a higher level though he gets beat and is mainly most famous in the Isles for being the man to dismantle Khan. It would be good for Khan to fight him again though I think it would sell

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:43 am

There was a good chance a win could have set up a rematch with Khan in England had he won, Alvarado has a great record and is undefeated, he's nothing special though. Pulled trhe victory out the bag at the last minute after being well behind on points.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:11 am

Prescott looked as good as i've seen him recently, a win at the weekend would have been interesting, still feel Khan has improved too much but the excitement in the first round would be unbelieveable.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 am

Steffan wrote:Prescotts a good fighter and can be entertaining at times. Everytime he steps up a higher level though he gets beat and is mainly most famous in the Isles for being the man to dismantle Khan. It would be good for Khan to fight him again though I think it would sell

Steffan I wouldnt say dismantle is a fair term to use. he caught him with a great shot, but it was within the first minute.

I think it is fair to say it was a pot shot, that happens from time to time in boxing.

Is there anybody that thinks he would stand a chance against khan should they meet again? I think you only have to look at what each has achieved since to see that it would be a major surprise, though given the Manny Jmm outcome you cant equally say that he wouldnt do it again. But it would be a massive surprise for me.

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 am

cave_man_KO wrote:
Is there anybody that thinks he would stand a chance against khan should they meet again? I think you only have to look at what each has achieved since to see that it would be a major surprise, though given the Manny Jmm outcome you cant equally say that he wouldnt do it again. But it would be a massive surprise for me.

He would stand a chance because he can punch, but it would be very small chance. Prescott is 4-4 since the Khan fight and all of them against people I would expect Amir to beat, including Kevin Mitchell and any McCloskey rematch. They have just taken different career paths now and I would expect Amir, judging on his recent development to pretty handily beat Prescott. I would expect a wide UD if they ever met again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 am

I agree in general, Cave_Man_KO, but if Khan and Prescott were to fight again (which will never happen in a million years after Prescott chucked that fight away on saturday), there'd be a niggling doubt in my mind. We've seen it so many times before; Hearns-Barkley, Dempsey-Meehan, Forrest-Mayorga etc - sometimes a fighter, even if they're not in their class, just has another fighter's number, or has the wood on them to a certain extent.

After that first round demolition in 2008, I remember thinking to myself that Khan's team absolutely had to keep him away from Prescott throughout the remainder of his career, no matter what. Now, I'll admit that at the time I wasn't expecting a), for Khan to improve as much as he has, and b), for Prescott to be so harshly exposed as nothing other than a good puncher with a decent reach, but something tells me that Khan wouldn't be his usual assured self if faced with the Colombian again.

I'd still back Khan, but wouldn't bet the proverbial house on it like others would.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 am

Not yet. Worth watching?

Bradley-Casa a snorefest?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 am

I'd watch it if I were you, Scott. Prescott actually showed some decent boxing in the early rounds but the snap was gone by the seventh or eighth - the end was a frantic rally, akin to Froch-Taylor. Entertaining all round.

You're right about Bradley-Casamayor; awful, absolutely terrible. Casamayor had no business being in that ring - he was zero threat to Bradley. It was a manful performance from Bradley but nothing else.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 am

That's why I predicted Bradley early, Casa is totally shot. Pointless fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 am

Yeah i enjoyed Alvarado-Prescott.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:19 am

Totally shot is correct, i don't want to see him in the ring again. I thought he would have had enough to survive but hee's too far gone.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down