The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC Test championship

+6
sirfredperry
anu_d
Stella
rich1uk
Biltong
Fists of Fury
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ICC Test championship Empty ICC Test championship

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

The ICC test championship has been put back to 2017 with the BCCI against the idea, whereas the other nations have voted in faovur of it.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/540505.html

Back to top Go down

ICC Test championship Empty Re: ICC Test championship

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

Oh what a surprise, BCCI the fossils of world cricket trying to veto something yet again...can somebody not rid the sport of this cancer? They are holding it back in a big, big way now.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

Can someone explain to me how the BCCI can have so much clout, all the member nations surely have the same vote, don't they?

They don't want the UDRS system, they don't want the test championship.

This is utter nonsense.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

One word: Money.

It really is a sad state of affairs, and they should be told to live with it or stick it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

IM absolutely sick to death of the BCCI. This is one of my pet peeves about cricket. The ICC runs the game not the BCCI. When are Lorgat and the ICC gonna grow a pair and say to the BCCI, we are doing this our way and if u dont like it then clear off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:56 am

Amen to that, cf.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Amen to that, cf.

its my biggest pet peeve about cricket, and they are ruining cricket IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm

i'm certainly not a fan of the BCCI but there isn't a single mention in that link that its the BCCI thats stopping the test championship tbh, in fact the BCCI isn't even mentioned in that article.

the OP is mistaken that its the BCCI that is voting against it, the problem is the ICC signed a long term contract with a broadcaster for ICC events and its the broadcaster who is refusing to allow that contract to be changed from it being an ODI tournament in 2013, ie the champions trophy, to the test championship and the ICC cant take the financial hit from reneging on that contract.

by all means blame the BCCI for things like their opposition to UDRS but threads like this that are started and point the finger at the BCCI with no foundation are just misleading

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:19 pm

I'm not in favour of a 'Test Championship'

The best thing that can happen is to play more tests (there are only two in the current Aus-SAF series) and less blinking ODI's.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

i doubt it will even happen in 2017 to be honest, like i bet we wont even have UDRS properly in 2017.

just to be clear i dont want a test championship either lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

removing hot spot and ball tracking was an ICC DECISION.
not having a test championship till 2017 is also an ICC DECISION.

BCCI has it's democratic opinion...and is free to cast it.

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

Yes and that is why the ICC is a laughable organisation. To add to their failures over match fixing, they also have the BCCI fossils in bed with them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

yes but anu, the ICC wont do anything just because of the BCCI

THE ICC RUN WORLD CRICKET NOT THE BCCI. AND THE ICC NEED TO GROW A PAIR AND TELL THE BCCI TO GET ON WITH IT, OR CLEAR OFF!

for the good of the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:yes but anu, the ICC wont do anything just because of the BCCI

==>>why?....if ICC runs the world of cricket..why won't they do anything wothout BCCI?

THE ICC RUN WORLD CRICKET NOT THE BCCI. AND THE ICC NEED TO GROW A PAIR AND TELL THE BCCI TO GET ON WITH IT, OR CLEAR OFF!

for the good of the game!

==>>you are confusing me....if ICC is running world cricket.....how or why can they not do anything without BCCI

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

i dont know, the ICC are clearly afriaid of the BCCI and they need to grow a pair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

anu_d, can you learn to use the quote function properly please. The way you are doing it at the moment is making it look like the person you are quoted is saying the things that you have said...a burden which I'm sure none of our members will want to be lumbered with.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:anu_d, can you learn to use the quote function properly please. The way you are doing it at the moment is making it look like the person you are quoted is saying the things that you have said...a burden which I'm sure none of our members will want to be lumbered with.

thumbsup lol

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i dont know, the ICC are clearly afriaid of the BCCI and they need to grow a pair.

in this free and fair world.....there is no reason for ICC to be afraid of BCCI.

Maybe BCCI are saying and asking for the right thing....and hence getting it.

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:54 pm

just because they want something dosent mean they should get it...

all the nations voted on UDRS, and BCCI the only ones that didnt want it and therefore everyone suffers,

HOW IS THAT FAIR!

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:11 pm

I'm all for more Test cricket - or at least longer series when sides do meet. However, not sure the Test championship in 2013 was gonna work. Sides get to number one on a series of performances and England, for one, are quite capable of chucking in a hopeless Test. Should that have come in the Test championship if would have been curtains to their becoming, slightly spuriously, Test champions.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

Longer Test series has to be the starting point. Two between SA and Aus is nothing short of a sick joke, as is three between England and SA next year (though the Olympics doesn't help scheduling).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:16 pm

as far as im concerned the BCCI is killing the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

I wouldn't say killing, but most definitely stalling its development and modernisation.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I wouldn't say killing, but most definitely stalling its development and modernisation.

i do

lol as i said, this is something i feel aobut strongly, and im fed up of the ICC having to pussyfoot around the BCCI. IF the BCCI dont want to play by the ICC's rules then stuff them!

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:I wouldn't say killing, but most definitely stalling its development and modernisation.

i do

lol as i said, this is something i feel aobut strongly, and im fed up of the ICC having to pussyfoot around the BCCI. IF the BCCI dont want to play by the ICC's rules then stuff them!

The one thing that i must admit about the BCCI, is that there is a public opinion thet they hold too much sway with the ICC and that they dictate to them far too often. I agree, that the ICC "grow a pair" and do not let one countries board, seemingly be able to be treated preferable to another, because of money.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:01 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:just because they want something dosent mean they should get it...

all the nations voted on UDRS, and BCCI the only ones that didnt want it and therefore everyone suffers,

HOW IS THAT FAIR!

sorry I don;t undertsand what's the problem.
BCCI can want something or anything....but they should get only what is reasonable.
that thye get what they want implies their demand was resonable.

DRS for example BCCI made presenttaion with several examples and case studies of where DRS judgements were WRONG.
ICC acknowldegd
the hot spot manufacturers acknowldged the technical glitches
anf ICC reversed the usgae of hotspot ...ball tracking was already notn included because technically it was deemed not appropriate anyways.

However if you are saying BCCI demands unreasonbale and gets it from ICC...then there is not point playing cricket under ICC

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

everyone voted for UDRS except the BCCI, and suddenly no UDRS. It should be majority not one nation just cos they have the money getting prefentatianl treatment

i suggest you start reading people's posts more carefully, so you can work out what people are actually going on about!

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:38 am

cricketfan90 wrote:everyone voted for UDRS except the BCCI, and suddenly no UDRS. It should be majority not one nation just cos they have the money getting prefentatianl treatment

that is defamatory on 2 counts...unless you have proof that :

1) that prefrential treatment was given by ICC to BCCI
2) that money exchange or even considertaion of monetary status was a factor in giving the preferential treatment

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:42 am

I am not a BCCI fan but I dont think there is any reason to believe that they are objecting to the Test championships.In case of DRS yes but not in this case.
Did anyone read what Rich posted?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:54 am

anu_d wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:everyone voted for UDRS except the BCCI, and suddenly no UDRS. It should be majority not one nation just cos they have the money getting prefentatianl treatment

that is defamatory on 2 counts...unless you have proof that :

1) that prefrential treatment was given by ICC to BCCI
2) that money exchange or even considertaion of monetary status was a factor in giving the preferential treatment

come on anu open your eyes

every nation voted for UDRS except india, and what happened no UDRS. So the majoirty of the nations who wanted UDRS didnt get it because of one country!

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

cricket fan....if ICC is giving PREFRENTIAL treatment to BCCI , because of monetary influence......as you stated....then you are imlying ICC is acting corruptly.

Whoa!.....that's a big accusation.
you know what will happen if ICC reps land on this site and see your accusations

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

It isn't an accusation.

In the business world money talks, and a profitable organisation like the ICC will always take what action is best for their earning potential, which is what they have done in this case. It isn't corruption, just a business decision.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:45 am

grow up anu.

fists is completely right, and when does an ICC rep ever look at this, and if they did, i hope they see some of the stuff that is written. I stand by everything i say.

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:50 am

OK guys...thx for confirming that THIS is a business decision.
so where is the problem.
I hope ICC doesn't mind......and if they don't
case closed

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:16 pm

no its not case closed, dont tell me its case closed, if ya dont wanna comment then dont

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

I dont see that the ICC isnt giving preferntiual treatment on this issue to anyone. India have a veto right, the same as everyone else. They chose to use it in this case. The power to veto was agreed by the boards.
Its a pity and done for commercial reasons ahead of what the best sporting interests of cricket and the wishes of the ICC staff, but the ICC itself only exists to represent the boards not to dictate to them.
The ICC trophy was decided and set into teh calender, its the ICC that then decided it wanted to move the event and interfere with other comeptitions. Just like when the ICC asked the IPL to be moved and set in a limited time during the calender so as not to conflict with existing events in teh calender its not unrerasonable the the BCCI should ask that their season structure isnt screwed up by the imposition of yet another event and the moving of teh cup.
Its sad an unfortunate that they havent fully bought into the commercial potential of the test championship, and perhaps idf India was number one by some distnace and pretty certain to be contesting it they may have taken a different approiach.
Still we shouldnt hate the veto powers too much, Im sure when the BCCI tries to impose a ban on test cricket so they can have a 6 month IPL staged in Dubai and Shanghai we'll all be glad that it can be stopped if just one board can avoid being bought off.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

Actually for once this isn't BCCI's fault (unlike DRS which is entirely their fault). It's purely ESPN, who own the main broad-casting rights, who didn't want to move the 2013 Champions Trophy (or replace it with the Test Championship).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:20 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Actually for once this isn't BCCI's fault (unlike DRS which is entirely their fault). .

DRS could have been useful...if the 3rd umpires in the Eng series adjuticating using DRS tools hadn't made a mockery of it...
by arbitrarily using DRS as an excuse to give most referred decision in Eng's favour.

It was shameful ( actually shameless) for ICC not to investigate and publish how those 3rd umpires concurred Dravid for example to be declared OUT in every situation of referreal.

So BCCI had to act and kill DRS...because of lack of transparency from ICC in cleaning up the mess DRS caused in Eng series

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:33 am

anu_d wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:Actually for once this isn't BCCI's fault (unlike DRS which is entirely their fault). .

DRS could have been useful...if the 3rd umpires in the Eng series adjuticating using DRS tools hadn't made a mockery of it...
by arbitrarily using DRS as an excuse to give most referred decision in Eng's favour.

It was shameful ( actually shameless) for ICC not to investigate and publish how those 3rd umpires concurred Dravid for example to be declared OUT in every situation of referreal.

So BCCI had to act and kill DRS...because of lack of transparency from ICC in cleaning up the mess DRS caused in Eng series

wow that is one of the most deluded opinions i have ever seen , and thats saying something

there was probably one dubious decision made by the 3rd umpire opposed to at least a dozen decisions that might have been changed if the full version of UDRS had been allowed

look at the series between aus and SA atm and how many times UDRS has been proven to be effective

as opposed to the BCCI's attitude where the start of the recent ODI series against england was blacked out because the BCCI wouldn't even allow the host broadcaster to show footage from UDRS during their coverage for television purposes only, as the BCCI were afraid that doing so might actually show UDRS to be useful. by not showing it at all they can hide behind the fiction that the system is flawed.

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:43 am

as opposed to the BCCI's attitude where the start of the recent ODI series against england was blacked out because the BCCI wouldn't even allow the host broadcaster to show footage from UDRS during their coverage for television purposes only, as the BCCI were afraid that doing so might actually show UDRS to be useful. by not showing it at all they can hide behind the fiction that the system is flawed

BCCI's opinion was...once proved DRS is flawed...why show viewer what is flawed
and they were right.

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:46 am

wow that is one of the most deluded opinions i have ever seen

whether it is an opinion, or perception or fact....doesn't matter

THAT is how majority in India including fans, media and BCCI looked at it....DRS was used to cheat us in Eng...and hence it must be removed

the only way ICC could have stopped that from happening......was to proactively investigate, report, declare what went wrong and promise rectification on all those DRAVIDIAN BLUNDERS and many others.

ICC didn't so the BCCI acted on FACTS as they and millions other saw it

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:48 am

and how exactly has it been proven to be flawed ?

it has been shown to not be 100% accurate but it was never claimed to be 100% accurate

you are contradicting yourself now as well, as usual tbh, your gripe was the 3rd umpires interpretation of the data shown from UDRS. if that is the problem then what is wrong with showing the same data to fans on television and allowing them to make their own interpretation of the data?

by blocking it and having a legal dispute with your host broadcaster in order to prevent it being shown suggests the BCCI want it hidden in case their stance is shown to be ridiculous to the viewers.

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:38 am

rich1uk wrote:and how exactly has it been proven to be flawed ?

it has been shown to not be 100% accurate but it was never claimed to be 100% accurate

you are contradicting yourself now as well, as usual tbh, your gripe was the 3rd umpires interpretation of the data shown from UDRS. if that is the problem then what is wrong with showing the same data to fans on television and allowing them to make their own interpretation of the data?

by blocking it and having a legal dispute with your host broadcaster in order to prevent it being shown suggests the BCCI want it hidden in case their stance is shown to be ridiculous to the viewers.

it is flawed becasue India was at the wrong end of referred decisions 90% of the times...which probably turned a a 2-1 or 3-1 score-line into a 4-0 for us.

there were too many acrew-ups in referred decisions--sometimes 3rd umps blatantly incompetent ( since we cannot call them biassed), sometimes technology flaws, sometimes umpires USING the technology flaws as an excuse to give the decision in favour of england and at other times the umpires using the SAME technology flaw to give the decision in a similar situation against India.

it acrewed us all the time !!

and since ICC ddin't bother to transparently explain EVERY thing that went wrong......WE DECIDED...we don't want it ( because we have the right to)...PERIOD

since we don't want it...we will NOT SHOW IT in broadcasts in our territory.....period.

Last edited by anu_d on Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:42 am

also if ICC pushes too much high handedly, without transparency, without consensus test-cricket-the-pinnacle-form etc. type of dicatates.....

don't be surprised if BCCI declares ODIs and IPL are the pinnacle form of cricket....and the boards of SL, WI, BD, Pak, Zim and most likely SA will nod in affirmative immediately

ICC has to sound consensual, transparent if they want to make a point or case or intrduce an innovation..... and not sound like sending down imperialistic dictates

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:49 am

anu_d wrote:
rich1uk wrote:and how exactly has it been proven to be flawed ?

it is flawed becasue India was at the wrong end of referred decisions 90% of the times...which probably turned a a 2-1 or 3-1 score-line into a 4-0 for us.

there were too many acrew-ups in referred decisions--sometimes 3rd umps blatantly incompetent ( since we cannot call them biassed), sometimes technology flaws, sometimes umpires USING the technology flaws as an excuse to give the decision in favour of england and at other times the umpires using the SAME technology flaw to give the decision in a similar situation against India.

it acrewed us all the time !!

and since ICC ddin't bother to transparently explain EVERY thing that went wrong......WE DECIDED...we don't want it ( because we have the right to)...PERIOD

since we don't want it...we will NOT SHOW IT in broadcasts in our territory.....period.

that really is complete b0ll0cks tbh

when someone is so deluded theres no point even debating the issue

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:06 am

when someone is so deluded theres no point even debating the issue .

when the strong opinion of 100s of millions is dismissed as delusions.....

then in reciprocation BCCI says the same......OK....no point debating the issue of DRS...we are done with it Very Happy

if you ( or ICC ) want to sell the DRS...then instead of bashing BCCI they have to make a polite, consensual, logical, technical case for DRS...ASSURING bcci...
starting with the transparent analysis of everything that went wrong in Eng

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:17 am

what went wrong in england was the fact that the full version of DRS was not is use

how about some examples of all the instances where DRS was wrongly applied against india that would have made the difference bettween an innings defeat and a draw or an india win in your opinion laughing

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

rich1uk wrote:what went wrong in england was the fact that the full version of DRS was not is use

how about some examples of all the instances where DRS was wrongly applied against india that would have made the difference bettween an innings defeat and a draw or an india win in your opinion laughing

OK...you can laugh......or curse BCCI....neitehr you nor ICC will EVER get DRS approved with this approach.

It is ICC that should pick up EVERY DRS DECISION used in the series and analyze whihc one were correct and whihc ones were dubious....and why...and what will be done to fix it.

ICC did nothing !

where as the maligned BCCI were the ones who prepared a presentation analsyizng and demostrating all that went wrong to various board members see below

ICC never counter answered...instead accepted BCCI finding s and passed the verdict to remove DRS

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/45441/bcci-made-presentation-on-hot-spot

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:34 am

i repeat

all that they have proved is that DRS is not 100% accurate

it was never intended to be 100% accurate

as usual however anu when you are asked to provide facts to back up the preposterous statements you make all you do is start wittering on and trying to play childish word games to hide the fact you dont actually have a clue what you are talking about and are just acting like a sheep believing everything the BCCI does is perfect

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

rich1uk wrote:i repeat

all that they have proved is that DRS is not 100% accurate

it was never intended to be 100% accurate

I doesn't matter what you think BCCI proved or didn't

there was no FORMAL statement from ICC refuting the technical presentttaion from BCCI to the various Boards....
the only FORMAL outcome was ICC accepting BCCIs proposal and dumped DRS / technology as a mandory thingy.

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next