The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again

+9
Scot Abroad
RDW
IanBru
nickj
mckay1402
funnyExiledScot
Dorothy_Mantooth
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again Empty Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again

Post by Adam D Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:46 am

Just revealed on twitter.
Rory has signed a contract at Glasgow Warriors until the end of May 2014. He'll start his second spell at the club next week!

Thoughts?

(will give more details as they are revealed)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again Empty Re: Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:49 am

Makes sense for all, I think - gives Glasgow another option for the back three and gives Ramont an opportunity to prove himself to Robbo - however, I will be rightly hacked off if it means less game time for young Hogg

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again Empty Re: Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:52 am

Excellent news! Well done the SRU bringing back a Scottish International player. Can play on the Wings so still plenty of chances for Hogg to play at Full Back.

Provides stability as well for the club as his contract takes him up to he is 32, so the chances are he will finish his career at the club.

Also he is eligible for the HC and will be registered as Glasgows, one squad addition!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:59 am

Fantastic news for all concerned.

The Glasgow backs were starting to have a non-Scots look to them (DTH, Lemi, Seymour, Nathan, Aramburu) so I'll pleased that in Lamont and Hogg we should at least have two Scots added to the mix on a regular basis.

A further boost to the Glasgow ranks to add to the return to fitness of Low and Welsh in the forwards.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:34 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Fantastic news for all concerned.

The Glasgow backs were starting to have a non-Scots look to them (DTH, Lemi, Seymour, Nathan, Aramburu) so I'll pleased that in Lamont and Hogg we should at least have two Scots added to the mix on a regular basis.

A further boost to the Glasgow ranks to add to the return to fitness of Low and Welsh in the forwards.

Yes, we did need some Scottish players in the backs. Out of interest, Seymour is Scottish Qualified.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:37 am

woo hoo!!!!
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

Chuffed to bits with this news. I reckon Hogg's future will be at 13 so fingers crossed we'll see them both accomodated on a regular basis

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote: Yes, we did need some Scottish players in the backs. Out of interest, Seymour is Scottish Qualified.

Interestingly, Nathan has been talking a bit about playing for Scotland in three years - Sean Lineen has been convincing him (God knows how...).

Nathan moving onwards and upwards in Glasgow

Could be an interesting addition at centre, where we've only recently begun to have any depth.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

Wow that is absolutely superb news - delighted for the Warriors! Yahoo

I don't think it will limit Hogg's development too much - as has been stated Lamont can play on the wing too. Also, hogg isn't going to play every game so can't hurt to have lamont as back up!

Great new for Glasgow - if only Edinburgh could follow it up with a decent tighthead Whistle

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

Great news for the Warriors. I'm glad teh SRU put their money where their mouth is and brought him back. I think the presence of Ramont will only benefit Hogg. If Hogg is to learn from anyone I’m glad it Rory. There’s competition for every position in the backline, which can only be good for the club. Cover for each position and if players need a rest we know there’s an ample replacement waiting in the wings. It’s a boost with Jackson and Beattie returning. Things are looking promising in Glasgow. Yahoo

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 02 Dec 2011, 4:57 pm

Can't see Hogg staying at fullback if Rory gets back to top form. He is one of the best attacking backs Scotland has.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Rory Lamont signs for Glasgow Warriors...again Empty Great news

Post by gordon.r.macfarlane Fri 02 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

i think this is great news on 3 levels. Scottish rugby should benefit as the best full back for scotland will be getting game time in front of Robinson. It fills the gap for Glasgow left by bernies departure and helps Rory get the game time he needs badly.

gordon.r.macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 04 Dec 2011, 8:59 am

According to the Herald on Saturday SL will play Stuart Hogg on the wing with Ramont at FB. Personally would like to see Hogg remaing at 15 and Rory L on the wing in place of DTH. Still nice selection problem for Sean L.
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:36 am

Welcome to the board, gordon.r OK

c21st, that is disappointing - I wanted to see Hogg continue at 15 as he's been doing so well; might have given him a spin at 13, but we're going to be fairly well covered at wing for a few years with Evans, Jones, MacVisser and Maitland

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon.r.macfarlane Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:55 am

100ofUS, a very good point about playing Hogg at 13. For a long time Scotland have been lacking something at centre, where some partnerships have been fruitful one the game, the next they seem to have never played together. We have depth out wide and have a lot of youth coming through there, also 10 is starting to see some positivity, but where are the young centres? Rory coming in at 15, where in my opinion he is Scottish number 1, could force SL to move Hogg there and see him grow possible. For me Morrison and his inability to catch the ball in front of him is growing ever more tiresome and maybe Hogg could do something he cant, move left or right...

gordon.r.macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Welcome to the board, gordon.r OK

c21st, that is disappointing - I wanted to see Hogg continue at 15 as he's been doing so well; might have given him a spin at 13, but we're going to be fairly well covered at wing for a few years with Evans, Jones, MacVisser and Maitland

people seem to have turned a rumour that Maitland is Scottish qualified into an idea that hes definately going to play for us. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, the all blacks have a habit of capping everyone in New Zealand who can catch a ball sooner or later
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

gordon.r.macfarlane wrote:100ofUS, a very good point about playing Hogg at 13. For a long time Scotland have been lacking something at centre, where some partnerships have been fruitful one the game, the next they seem to have never played together. We have depth out wide and have a lot of youth coming through there, also 10 is starting to see some positivity, but where are the young centres? Rory coming in at 15, where in my opinion he is Scottish number 1, could force SL to move Hogg there and see him grow possible. For me Morrison and his inability to catch the ball in front of him is growing ever more tiresome and maybe Hogg could do something he cant, move left or right...
gordon.r, absolutely - it'll be a few years yet, but we've also got Matt Scott, Mark Bennett and Sam Hidalgo-Clyne coming thro who can play in the centres

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

Imperialbigdave wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Welcome to the board, gordon.r OK

people seem to have turned a rumour that Maitland is Scottish qualified into an idea that hes definately going to play for us. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, the all blacks have a habit of capping everyone in New Zealand who can catch a ball sooner or later
IBD, I'd like to take credit for starting the rumour and intend to get it going until it becomes a certainty (well, at least in my head!!)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down