The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad?

+3
gowales
Seagultaf
westernosprey
7 posters

Go down

Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad? Empty Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad?

Post by westernosprey Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:07

I think Rhys Webb should be in the Wales squad at the expense of Knoyle or Williams

Other additions/returns we need

Henson - Way too many handling errors today we need someone with good handing in midfield to feed the wings. Priestland to Roberts is a good move we have but outside that Wales struggle slightly.

Morgan Stoddart - Could fight out the 15 with Halfpenny if Byrne doesn't remain with Wales

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad? Empty Re: Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad?

Post by Seagultaf Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:29

I think both Webb and Henson need to get into their club sides first. Webb played well tonight but has been kept out of the first team by Fotuali and Henson has not played since being released by his last club!

JD2 will come into the centre and Phillips at 9, Stoddard if he recovers will also push for a place but bear in mind Halfpenny was playing his first game of the season today.

A bigger problem is at prop, Wales cannot continue picking props who cant or dont scrummage. Andrews is barely good enough in the scrum for the Premiership!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad? Empty Re: Rhys Webb better than Lloyd Williams? Additions to backs Wales squad?

Post by westernosprey Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:36

Andrews... don't even go there what a joke.

There is always one token joke player in the squad.

Will James... Denil Jones etc...

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:39

Henson? he's still injured, hasn't played for the Blues yet.
I agree with you about Webb, i think Lloyd Williams has been overhyped a bit he was exposed by Australia today. I feel that he doesn't offer enough of a running threat to take the pressure of Priestland which Phillips did very well at during the WC.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:54

Guys

Lloyd Williams is how old...?

How many internationals has he started against one of the top three teams in the world.

Get off his back

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by westernosprey Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:59

Just feel he's been rushed into the fold and scraped his way into the WC squad.

He did well against poorer opposition.

We must not forget Peel, he can still be a great asset.

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 21:53

Didn't have problem with him being picked today as Phillips not free anyway and these lads need exposure.

His time will come Phillips for me still No1
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 23:05

Lloyd williams is a much better scrum half than Webb and Im a fan of webbs. Lloyds problem today was he didnt vary his game enough. he is capable of box kicking well and making darts around the fringes but seemed more intent on giving the ball air. With experience he is going to be an outstanding number 9 but he looked very nervous today.

I would have webb in the squad over Tavis if he can get his regional shirt back though.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 0:03

The problem I find with Webb is that he takes his eye off the ball longer than needed, While he is taking his time looking for options the opposition have had time to counter ruck and take the ball before he even realises what is going on.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down