The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract.

+18
BamBam
king_carlos
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
jimmyinthewell68
Steffan
Jhamer25
SecretFly
wayne
Cardiff Dave
The Saint
Knowsit17
bedfordwelsh
Comfort
GavinDragon
Norfolklass
maestegmafia
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract. Empty Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract.

Post by maestegmafia Tue 17 Mar 2015, 3:16 pm

Just saw on Twitter that Webb is signed up too..

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract. Empty Re: Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract.

Post by Norfolklass Tue 17 Mar 2015, 3:32 pm

Think that's good news. However, the fact that Gareth Davies is selected ahead of Mike Phillips is even better news. Hopefully he'll get some game time against the Italians. I believe he is better than Webb, and hope he proves me right Saturday.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract. Empty Re: Rhys Webb AWJ Scott Williams, Dan Biggar and gareth Anscombe signed a dual contract.

Post by GavinDragon Tue 17 Mar 2015, 3:41 pm

id be happier is faletau was signed up

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 4:35 pm

Think Faletau and Biggar will be announced soon. They're more likely to want a bit more flexibility over games allowed to play though, I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 17 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

Yeah I'm sure I've heard Faletau hates not playing games for the dragons? I'd guess he'll be signed up soon enough but with some allowances in gametime....

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 17 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm

I didn't think Biggar was on the cards, thought he just re-signed with Ospreys recently?

From what I read a while ago, (Gatland interview?), that there would be three or four announcements around the end of the six nations... Rob Evans? Scott Baldwin? Gareth Davies?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm

Comfort wrote:Yeah I'm sure I've heard Faletau hates not playing games for the dragons? I'd guess he'll be signed up soon enough but with some allowances in gametime....

Lyn and Kingsley have regular battles with Taulupe every time they try to rest him
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm

Another good signing, current first-team player and a very important part of the side of late.

Still an overwhelming emphasis on players being kept in Wales rather than brought back from elsewhere. This should satisfy the regions so far as it's what they wanted.

The only other overseas player I'd want put on CC (at this time) is Roberts given the persistent rumours of his exit from Racing.

I agree with the sentiment, it'd be nice to see Biggar and Faletau sign up too. However, as has been said, they may well currently be on regional contracts. Don't think their respective regions would consent to cancelling these contracts if so.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

Doesn't matter if they're on contracts. Realistically, are either region going to turn down the extra money on offer if they get their player for an agreeable amount of games?

Doc will be announced fairly soon too, I'm reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

So what hookers should we place on contracts then? Should we forget about Hibbard and sign up Baldwin (he's impressed me loads), Owen, Dee, Dacey? If Francis is as good as they say let's poach up and sign him up too.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Doesn't matter if they're on contracts. Realistically, are either region going to turn down the extra money on offer if they get their player for an agreeable amount of games?

Doc will be announced fairly soon too, I'm reckon.

As I understand it, the 4 will all end up getting an equal share of the extra cash anyway whether it's tied up in Dodger's pointless DCs or not. £500k each or whatever it is.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm

Interesting Dave ta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Interesting Dave ta.

Read it on Scarletfever ages ago. If you want facts, that's the place to go.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

Haha. I can only imagine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:10 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Haha. I can only imagine

Or you could log on, tune in, find out. Best forum out of the 4 by a long chalk.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:04 pm

Told you Biggar would get one. Surprised Faletau isn't in this batch though.

https://twitter.com/welshrugbyunion/status/578179051375964160

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

Biggar, AWJ, S Williams and Anscombe.

Wasn't AWJ held up as a shining light for not taking the Union money when Warburton first sigend.

Great news for 3 of them though but I am still struggling to see what Anscombe has done to get one and why he has been fast tracked into the whole system.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:26 pm

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/31941900

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:27 pm

Four more signed today

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Biggar, AWJ, S Williams and Anscombe.

Wasn't AWJ held up as a shining light for not taking the Union money when Warburton first sigend.
He WAS a shining light at that time, if he had signed up then, he would be virtually finished in normal club games this season, the 16 game limit is confined to normal games, it does NOT include play off games, and because it is so late in this season, it doesn't commence until next season, which is a World Cup year and it will be hard put for him to play in more than that number with 6N games as well, and finally from within the Ospreys organisation the 16 game limit is NOT set in stone. So whatever the ins and outs are, this will not significantly affect the Ospreys until season 2016/17.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 3:41 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Wasn't AWJ held up as a shining light for not taking the Union money when Warburton first sigend.

He lived long enough to see himself become the villain.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 18 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

Warburton waiting for a long 10 page apology from Regional fans........... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:00 pm

IronMike wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Wasn't AWJ held up as a shining light for not taking the Union money when Warburton first sigend.

He lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Why ?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm

SecretFly wrote:Warburton waiting for a long 10 page apology from Regional fans........... Wink
I've told you many times before Fly, you should get to know a lot more about Welsh Rugby before giving out rubbish like this, he will not get any apology from any true Regional Fans, he took the flack for signing a Central Contract, which NOBODY else did, it was when it was CHANGED to a Dual Contract, that all the others jumped on board, he deserved all he took for the CC debacle, this is a much better option.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Biggar, AWJ, S Williams and Anscombe.

Great news for 3 of them though but I am still struggling to see what Anscombe has done to get one and why he has been fast tracked into the whole system.

Some revision for you bedford.....

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/25/wales-sam-warburton-welsh-rugby-union-central-contract

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm

wayne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Warburton waiting for a long 10 page apology from Regional fans........... Wink
I've told you many times before Fly, you should get to know a lot more about Welsh Rugby before giving out rubbish like this, he will not get any apology from any true Regional Fans, he took the flack for signing a Central Contract, which NOBODY else did, it was when it was CHANGED to a Dual Contract, that all the others jumped on board, he deserved all he took for the CC debacle, this is a much better option.

We'll see if time makes the Name Change a significant factor in any perceived change of Meaning.  
Tell me why a Dual Contract is a better deal than a Central Contact, wayne.  I'm a novice for sure Wink ..but remain interested enough to ask.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

wayne wrote:

Don't do it Fly. You'll go blind and insane.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm

So far we have 12 players and Gatland thinks he can sign between 15-17. I would think (looking at the current lot of players signed up) £2.4 million - £2.5 millions of the 3.3 budget has been used up. There have been a few signings that suprised me but overallit looks like the Dial contracts have been a good move.

Best case scenario we could sign another 5 by the seems. Personally, i would like to see the following players on one:
Toby Falateu
Ken Owens
Liam Williams
Jamie Roberts (at the Blues)
Tommas Francis (at Ospreys)

Obviously that is a long shot but something along those lines would be great for the regions. Any idea whats happening with the Wales A team becuase they said they were bringing it back but have heard nothing since. Would be great to have a second wales team play a few games before the world cup since we only have 3 games left before our first World cup game.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

We'll see if time makes the Name Change a significant factor in any perceived change of Meaning.  
Tell me why a Dual Contract is a better deal than a Central Contact, wayne.  I'm a novice for sure Wink ..but remain insane enough to ask.

Not blind yet though.
Read my link above, plus anything related. Loads to choose from and consider the fact that Dodger is now history.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:So far we have 12 players and Gatland thinks he can sign between 15-17. I would think (looking at the current lot of players signed up) £2.4 million - £2.5 millions of the 3.3 budget has been used up. There have been a few signings that suprised me but overallit looks like the Dial contracts have been a good move.

Best case scenario we could sign another 5 by the seems. Personally, i would like to see the following players on one:
Toby Falateu
Ken Owens
Liam Williams
Jamie Roberts (at the Blues)
Tommas Francis (at Ospreys)

Obviously that is a long shot but something along those lines would be great for the regions. Any idea whats happening with the Wales A team becuase they said they were bringing it back but have heard nothing since. Would be great to have a second wales team play a few games before the world cup since we only have 3 games left before our first World cup game.

Dodger said that I believe.
Mentioned in the link together with "complex matrix", "complicated structure", "radical nature of the deal", "financial distributions with deliverable rugby priorities".
Thank feck he's gone.

Last edited by Cardiff Dave on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dodgerisms)

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

wayne wrote:

So should some of the Welsh supporters on here I reckon.
I'm half convinced that there are a few who've been led to believe that the moon is made of cheese and the world is flat.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:31 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

I'm half convinced that there are a few who've been led to believe that the moon is made of cheese and the world is flat.
I'm glad you said Welsh supporters, there are plenty of them, not many Regional supporters though.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

I'm glad you said Welsh supporters, there are plenty of them, not many Regional supporters though.

Them too and for the benefit of Welsh rugby as a whole, the "R" word has to go. RRW have got rid of it already and they are now known as PRW. The "R" word brought nothing to the table other than confusion and grief. Honesty and openess is the only way forward I reckon.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Them too and for the benefit of Welsh rugby as a whole, the "R" word has to go. RRW have got rid of it already and they are now known as PRW. The "R" word brought nothing to the table other than confusion and grief. Honesty and openess is the only way forward I reckon
It took 11 years for the the media and administration to call a spade a spade but we got there in the end Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:57 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

The regions will get their support when they start to, dare I suggest, play better and more consistently.
The snooze-worthy style of play at the regions, the divisiveness behind the scenes and the distinct lack of any notable silverware put me off a while ago.
The Welsh national team is the only professional side in Wales remotely worth watching at present.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:18 am

didn't cuthBert turn one down , with bad form included that's prob why hes out of favour chin

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 19 Mar 2015, 2:37 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

Them too and for the benefit of Welsh rugby as a whole, the "R" word has to go. RRW have got rid of it already and they are now known as PRW. The "R" word brought nothing to the table other than confusion and grief. Honesty and openess is the only way forward I reckon.
How would you know, you've NEVER BEEN or EVER will be a Regional supporter, the same can be said about your team, us with a Region to support will carry on carrying Welsh Rugby.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 19 Mar 2015, 3:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Tell me why a Dual Contract is a better deal than a Central Contact, wayne.  I'm a novice for sure Wink ..but remain interested enough to ask.

CENTRAL CONTRACT - his contract is owned purely by the WRU, and would play for the team that they decided to it him at
DUAL CONTRACT - his contract is owned by the WRU and A Region, he will not be able to be just placed at a region. The player has a choice.

The fact that AWJ, and Scott Williams both declined a CENTRAL CONTRACT, but have signed a DUAL CONTRACT would certainly imply that there is a difference.

As for Warburton, he signed a CENTRAL CONTRACT, and sided with Lewis and Pickering as opposed to siding with the rest of the welsh rugby public. If he wants an apology I think he will be waiting for a long time.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

Christ on a bike SS, dropping the MOD monicker has done you the world of good. Hug

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 19 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

How would you know, you've NEVER BEEN or EVER will be a Regional supporter, the same can be said about your team, us with a Region to support will carry on carrying Welsh Rugby.

Oof!
Just for that, i'm calling you Barnsey from now on.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 19 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

CENTRAL CONTRACT - his contract is owned purely by the WRU, and would play for the team that they decided to it him at
DUAL CONTRACT - his contract is owned by the WRU and A Region, he will not be able to be just placed at a region.  The player has a choice.

The fact that AWJ, and Scott Williams both declined a CENTRAL CONTRACT, but have signed a DUAL CONTRACT would certainly imply that there is a difference.

As for Warburton, he signed a CENTRAL CONTRACT, and sided with Lewis and Pickering as opposed to siding with the rest of the welsh rugby public.  If he wants an apology I think he will be waiting for a long time.

Plenty of those sided with Sam and the WRU though.
The fundamental point as I see it is that Sam signed with Dodger at a time when the outcome of the war was still very much uncertain.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

Dai, Sam sided on the losing side, and is the only major player from that side to still be involved in Welsh rugby
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Them too and for the benefit of Welsh rugby as a whole, the "R" word has to go. RRW have got rid of it already and they are now known as PRW. The "R" word brought nothing to the table other than confusion and grief. Honesty and openess is the only way forward I reckon
It took 11 years for the the media and administration to call a spade a spade but we got there in the end Smile

I haven't heard that Steff. What media is this that dares to call a spade a spade? Name and shame I say.
Anyway, for now we're all part of the Blues family. Dysfunctional still, but nonetheless a family.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai, Sam sided on the losing side, and is the only major player from that side to still be involved in Welsh rugby

Indeed. Good spot too.
Also, i'd like to say that imo, DCs as we know them (and we don't know much really) won't be around in the future now that it looks as though PRW and the WRU will at last have a proper working relationship. Bout blydi time too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:46 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

DUAL CONTRACT - his contract is owned by the WRU and A Region, he will not be able to be just placed at a region.  The player has a choice.

As for Warburton, he signed a CENTRAL CONTRACT, and sided with Lewis and Pickering as opposed to siding with the rest of the welsh rugby public.  If he wants an apology I think he will be waiting for a long time.

The fundamental point as I see it is that Sam signed with Dodger at a time when the outcome of the war was still very much uncertain.

Guys you have to remember these boys just want to play rugby, I think ragging the players into the politics is unfair.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:09 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Guys you have to remember these boys just want to play rugby, I think ragging the players into the politics is unfair.

Makes you wonder why Sam signed a contract at a time when there was no certainty over him playing rugby then laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:24 am

Risca Rev wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Makes you wonder why Sam signed a contract at a time when there was no certainty over him playing rugby then laughing

Not really, it just backs up what I said. They want to play, they want the security of knowing they can play rugby. They don't want the politics of the sport disrupting the game.

I am glad things have moved forward. It should be left in the past.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:59 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Not really, it just backs up what I said. They want to play, they want the security of knowing they can play rugby. They don't want the politics of the sport disrupting the game.

I am glad things have moved forward. It should be left in the past.

He could have accepted what Cardiff offered in the first place.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 22 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm

Its OK, Sam has told us all that the dual contracts are good as he has avoided an injury this tournament.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 22 Mar 2015, 6:08 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Its OK, Sam has told us all that the dual contracts are good as he has avoided an injury this tournament.

I see his central contract has morphed into a dual contract.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next