The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye

+2
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
6 posters

Go down

Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye Empty Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye

Post by maestegmafia Tue 06 Dec 2011, 8:49 am

Forgotten by Wales for last weekend it appears that Aled Brew has suffered further unfortunate luck, by being ruled out of all Rugby for the foreseeable future.

It appears that he broke a bone behind his eye in training last week. But queerly the injury was only discovered after he sneezed at home with his wife and passed out on the floor.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2011/12/06/analysis-who-will-replace-shane-williams-in-wales-famous-no-11-shirt-91466-29900487/#ixzz1fk5f9UID

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye Empty Re: Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye

Post by maestegmafia Tue 06 Dec 2011, 11:50 pm

Considering the amount of fans of the Dragons plugging Aled Brew's performances and relevance to their team and Wales, especially now there is a wing berth up for grabs in the national set up. I am very surprised no one seems to care about his unfortunate injury and it's possible reprocussions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye Empty Re: Aled Brew out with Broken Bone behind his Eye

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

It's been covered elsewhere I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:40 am

mm,

Its been covered over on the Dragons thread on club side.

Its a huge blow for him persoanally and us as a Region what with Luke out and also Chavannga so both first choice wings out at a very bad time fixture wise.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:41 am

I covered it on the Clubs section....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

Whats up with Chavanga...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:11 pm

And here's me thinking it was only the dragons fans who had a problem with their one eye Wink

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:15 pm

Chav has a groin strain I think
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

Shame, looks electric. Very Fast...

Well there are plenty of quick talented youngsters at the Dragons, unfortunate to have the three best wingers on your books out in one go...

When is Harries due back?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

He's playing on Sunday thumbsup Run
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

Was this injury from his collision with Aaron Shingler (when he steamrollered the flanker) a few weeks ago because they did seem to clash heads somewhat.

Shame for Brew to have picked up an injury leading up to a bit of a contest for a definitely vacant international jersey. Fingers crossed to can recover quicker than expected. However that said it may be a good opertunity for Adam Hughes to put in a serious push for a welsh call up.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

Who are realistic wing call ups if Brew isn't fit for the 6 Nations ?

I'd say

North
Cuthbert
Halfpenny - also covering fullback

Is Stoddart likely to be fit and get some game time ?

Will Harries if he gets some form before then ?

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

munkian wrote:He's playing on Sunday thumbsup Run
Great news...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

munkian wrote:Who are realistic wing call ups if Brew isn't fit for the 6 Nations ?

I'd say

North
Cuthbert
Halfpenny - also covering fullback

Is Stoddart likely to be fit and get some game time ?

Will Harries if he gets some form before then ?

I wouldnt pick Stoddart for this season, he needs to get some game time, I would probably pick:

North, Cuthbert, Halfpenny, Liam Williams, Hughes (though he is an 13)

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

Aaahhh, forgot about Liam - the Scarletts player yeah ?

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

Brew wasn't a shoe in anyway so it would still have been a battle between him, Cuthbert, Halfpenny (though should stay at XV), Williams and Stoddart.

Not included North as pretty sure he will already be on one wing. If Stoddart can get some games in over Xmas and New Year then I can't see problem in getting him back in the squad
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:
munkian wrote:He's playing on Sunday thumbsup Run
Great news...!

Good news in a sense, but I do worry we've been forced into rushing him back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about Brew, every time I've seen him play for Wales he's seemed out of his depth, Dragons fans seem to use the same arguments for him to be included as Scottish fans do for Visser being the best wing in the NH, i.e scoring rate and being top scorer. I look forward to being convinced otherwise by some amazing performances for Wales, but at the moment I don't think he's capable.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

Brew has never really been given a good run in the side having only got 8 caps most of them as a replacement.

All we can ask of our Regional players is that they perform week in week out and give the selectors something to think about - Brew has certainly done that.

He would have certainly been in contention for the vacant wing slot along with a few others but this injury will keep him out for some time so who knows.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down