The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion

+49
Feagh McHugh
TJ1
Breadvan
21st Century Schizoid Man
SirJohnnyEnglish
westernosprey
ME-109
eirebilly
bathmad
munkian
SecretFly
geoff998rugby
BlueMuff
Sin é
mrsuperclear
HERSH
asoreleftshoulder
formerly known as Sam
GunsGerms
Glas a du
Standulstermen
mankiaow
Backrower678
wales606
Chunky Norwich
Cumbrian
BigTrevsbigmac
Gretgael1
maestegmafia
Thomond
galwegian101
EnglishReign
Artful_Dodger
PJHolybloke
Rory_Gallagher
Morgannwg
Bathman_in_London
Mickado
rodders
Jenifer McLadyboy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Bathite
thebandwagonsociety
Golden
Feckless Rogue
red_stag
caoimhincentre
LondonTiger
pete (buachaill on eirne)
53 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

What will the outcome be (points won) in the Bath-Leinster game

Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap3%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap8%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap18%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap18%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap5%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_lcap50%Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 40

Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Empty Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:21 am

First topic message reminder :

USING THIS THREAD FOR BOTH GAMES

So Bath went down with a huge fight last week and really put the game to a slightly misfiring Leinster "away" side. Huge performances from Louw and Caldwell in particular and the boot of Barkley giving Bath a lot to cheer about considering the doom and gloom that was felt before the game.

Leinster had a few chances to put the game beyond Bath but didn't take some opportunities they should have. Sexton put in a huge shift which steadied the ship big time, displaying great defence and game management while SOB put in some big carries and great steals.

The game ended 13-18 to Leinster, leaving the pool still somewhat open.

The return game is this Saturday in Lansdowne Rd. Bath fans are expecting the same team out as the injury situation doesn't seem to have changed where as Leinster fans are expecting their "home" team to take the field, introducing the likes of Healy, Toner, Jennings, reddan and O'Malley from the off.

How will the game go?
What are your team perdictions?
What are the vital areas between the teams?
What tactical plans need to be in place for each team?
Will this thread survive without another ROG vs Sexton cat fight? warning
Score predictions?

Last edited by pete (buachaill on eirne) on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion

Post by Mickado Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:20 am

Some highlights of the match here lads. Love Sexton's try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69xdh1p7Mr8

"I touch the ball once, we attack
I touch the ball twice, we score
I touch the ball three times, I score...."

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Bath vs Leinster DOUBLE HEADER Teams/Discussion

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

Reddan's pass to Kearney - wow

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:38 am

We were behind the goal posts for that one As, so didn't see the skill until the replay came up on the big screen. Needless to say it sounded like 45K+ Leinster fans collectively arrived....

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:48 am

Missed it myself on TV the first time, and then saw the replay ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:53 am

Mickado wrote:Some highlights of the match here lads. Love Sexton's try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69xdh1p7Mr8

"I touch the ball once, we attack
I touch the ball twice, we score
I touch the ball three times, I score...."

I like it. Can't remember who orginally said it though!

I have to say i liked Luke Fitz's third try the best even if it was disallowed. He beat 3 guys and then paced it from his 10m line to make it. Unreal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

I believe it was Mark Ella said it Pete.

Fitzgerald’s disallowed one was the pick of the bunch.

MickyT was sitting beside me for the game, Luke goes over for his second try and Mick is stood as still as a rock, I ask him what’s wrong and he goes “they’re booing, the ref is calling it back!” I told him they were saying “Luuuuuuuuuuke” and celebrating. When he raced away for his 3rd Mick is celebrating like a madman despite the crowd booing the decision to call it back, he thought they were shouting “Luuuuuuuuke” but this time it was a boo.

#KeepUpMickyT

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

Mickado wrote:I believe it was Mark Ella said it Pete.

Fitzgerald’s disallowed one was the pick of the bunch.

MickyT was sitting beside me for the game, Luke goes over for his second try and Mick is stood as still as a rock, I ask him what’s wrong and he goes “they’re booing, the ref is calling it back!” I told him they were saying “Luuuuuuuuuuke” and celebrating. When he raced away for his 3rd Mick is celebrating like a madman despite the crowd booing the decision to call it back, he thought they were shouting “Luuuuuuuuke” but this time it was a boo.

#KeepUpMickyT

Very funny.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

It would have been a savage try. Showed serious feet and acceleration.

Anyone seen anything else about the Healy spear tackle incident???

Back to top Go down

Post by HURLEY_BURLEY Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:48 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:It would have been a savage try. Showed serious feet and acceleration.

Missed it at the game Pete - and have not seen a replay.
Was it a spear, was it bad, and if so why no word on citing?

HURLEY_BURLEY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:It would have been a savage try. Showed serious feet and acceleration.

Didn't see it at the time, but i've read someone's description of it on Leinsterfans, not sure if it's 100% accurate but it sounded bad. Basically Healy was upturned and dumped on his head/neck. The medic ran on in the middle of a crucial point in the match, he must have thought it was bad enough.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

There is a description of it here in one of these pages too. I didn't really see it either.

It was at a ruck maybe two phases before Donald's try.

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

Mickado wrote:

Didn't see it at the time, but i've read someone's description of it on Leinsterfans, not sure if it's 100% accurate but it sounded bad. Basically Healy was upturned and dumped on his head/neck. The medic ran on in the middle of a crucial point in the match, he must have thought it was bad enough.

I saw the replay and it looks accidental,do you remember the clip of McCaw making the steal v Oz where he was upside down.The same thing happened Healy,he somehow ended up lying on the back of a player who stood up and shook him off,Healy landed on his neck.There was nothing malicious in it,it was a freak occurence.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19