The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does"

4 posters

Go down

"He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does" Empty "He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does"

Post by JB_Jimbop Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm

Evening all. To be honest this overused comment really annoys me, as I feel alot of the time a fighter genuinely isn't hurt.

In the recent Cotto - Margarito fight for example, as much as I genuinely wanted Cotto to absolutely spark Margarito, I couldn't see him getting Marg out of there by any other way than stoppage because of a cut. Yet when Cotto tagged him with a decent shot, the commentator couldn't wait to pop out with this phrase when Marg shook his head at him.

Anyone else agree, and can think of other examples?

(I do understand that there are a few examples of a fighter shaking their head whiles simultaneously being on even shakier legs)

Also, here's to an evening of great fights, and preferably a draw in the Salgado - Beltran Jr bout so I can make a late charge for promotion in Union's Prediction League!

JB_Jimbop

Back to top Go down

"He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does" Empty Re: "He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does"

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:59 pm

Think its unnecessary - if you arent hurt - you just carry on without having to show it - annoying both ways. Unless you do a Mayorga and stcik you chin out to take a few shots - then thats psychological warfare.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

"He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does" Empty Re: "He says it didn't hurt, which usually means it does"

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Think its unnecessary - if you arent hurt - you just carry on without having to show it - annoying both ways. Unless you do a Mayorga and stcik you chin out to take a few shots - then thats psychological warfare.
Unless you do a Campbell-Peden Laugh

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Think its unnecessary - if you arent hurt - you just carry on without having to show it - annoying both ways. Unless you do a Mayorga and stcik you chin out to take a few shots - then thats psychological warfare.
Unless you do a Campbell-Peden Laugh

Thanks for reminding me off that - the screen probably tastes like ferrero rocher now Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

The norm though is you do that when you have been hurt, not badly but enough for you to acknowledge it to the point you don't want your opponent knowing it. Margarito was a weird case, he genuinely wasn't badly hurt but i think that he wanted to tell cotto that he is going to be there full 12 rounds. Amir Khan did it in round 10 vs maidana were he was almost koed.

I also think its suppose to show the ref and the judges that the shots look better than they are.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down