The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion)

+27
Captain Lucas
OasisBFC
manos de piedra
jimdig
JDandfries
Waingro
mikeymax71
Adam D
DaveVDK
Strongback
PPVxHOTTY
trottb
Incrediblexman
The Galveston Giant
djlovesyou
tommyhearnsprodigalson
supremeskills
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
joeyjojo618
School Project
Yojimbonufc
paperbag_puncher
bellchees
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
alanqlm
Seanusarrilius
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion) - Page 2 Empty Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion)

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chat here if you are.

Firstly. Haye in the ring i see

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion)

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

crowd reaction?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching Khan? ()Including result discussion)

Post by School Project Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Close fight but I had it to Peterson because of the deductions.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Close fight, didnt expect the result. Aggression seems to mean walking forwards in America.

Well done to Lamont though, as Chris said.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Wouldn't really have any objections with that, School Project. Some of the rounds, particularly the mid ones, were very tough to call.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Khan got jobbed by the ref. Was close, you can score it how you will, but Peterson was handed that by that awful awful ref who thinks he can trip over one fighter, shout fromt he sidelines and not stop illgal punches by both men on break, then deduct points until the fighter he wants to win wins
Fair play to Peterosn, but that was a joke

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Humble from Khan

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Christ Almighty...Although I feel Khan was unlucky, he's acting disgracefully in this interview with Merchant. Can half understand what with his blood obviously still being up, but he's risking losing a lot of his American fans here.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 pm

113-112 petersen i had it, i was impressed with petersen. Khan was dirty and can't admit it, he did it vs maidana also but is penalized tonight. He was deducted a point and didn't stop doing it, khan took too much punishment and was hurt by a fighter who isn't much of a puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 pm

it was close,but the 2 points deduction is what lost khan the fight.
he only has himself to blame for constant fouling,he would have won the fight otherwise.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Gotta disagree with ya Chris i scored it to lamont with Khans deductions, he faught a terrible fight

great fight tho here's hoping for number two

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:20 pm

I think this will be a reality check for khan, he needs to learn how not to engage on the inside. Maidana and Lamont have had alot of success on the inside vs him. He throws so many ounches, but tires late and most of his shots are pitter-pat punches

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm

He can't defend without holding or pushing and that has cost him big tonight. The ref has done him no favours as Peterson was able to lead with his head too much but Khan can't say he wasn't warned.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I had it a draw due to the reductions, 113-113 but definitely think Khan got unlucky with the referee..... don't think it was as bad as he made out in his interview but definitely got the short end of the bargain there.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Khan got jobbed by the ref. Was close, you can score it how you will, but Peterson was handed that by that awful awful ref who thinks he can trip over one fighter, shout fromt he sidelines and not stop illgal punches by both men on break, then deduct points until the fighter he wants to win wins
Fair play to Peterosn, but that was a joke

khan was using his elbow to push peterson away time and time again.plus he kept pushing petersons head down time and time again.
the ref actually let alot of fouling by khan go.khan kept being warned but still kept fouling,so the ref had no choice.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Was Khan warned before the docking of points?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:Gotta disagree with ya Chris i scored it to lamont with Khans deductions, he faught a terrible fight

great fight tho here's hoping for number two

Fair enough mate, as I said I wouldn't protest too much against that. Some rounds were scrappy and very much open to interpretation. Just feel that Khan's work was consistently cleaner and more accurate for the most part. Peterson's workrate was excellent though, which balanced the ledger a fair bit.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

He wouldn't have been deducted those points outside of DC though.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

The fact is, Khan reacts poorly under pressure. He has done since he became a pro. On the inside, he is clueless.

That is what cost him the fight. He looked very negative, very uncomfortable and his inexperience on the inside made him look very poor.

I wouldn't call it a hometown decision as such, just a scrappy fight that he was mugged from, mainly because of his own doing. Another question I would ask is how much did he overlook Peterson? Did he not respect this fight as much because he was looking at other fights?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

If Khan had Cortez breaking them up whenever they got near each other he probably would have won but he needs to learn how to fight up close or learn how not to get stuck on the ropes.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Will he be invited back to the Whitehouse? Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Sometimes I wish they'd record him saying a lot of words and then replace his voice box with a remote speaker.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

alanqlm wrote:I had it a draw due to the reductions, 113-113 but definitely think Khan got unlucky with the referee..... don't think it was as bad as he made out in his interview but definitely got the short end of the bargain there.

He wasn't unlucky with the ref, he was warned time after time after time and kept on pushing petersen away, clinching holding his head down. I congratulate the ref, he did what he was suppose to do, warn the fighter, give them a last warning then take a point

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:25 pm

djlovesyou wrote:He wouldn't have been deducted those points outside of DC though.

In all fairness, Khan has been allowed to headbutt his way to victories in the UK and been allowed to get away with a number of fouls in other fights. Khan has become too used to having things his own way from other referees.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:25 pm

The ref was a little bit on his case but he told him to stop pushing several times before each point deduction. Khan's tactics were poor in parts of the fight. Can't argue with this decision. Khan only has himself to blame.

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Seems I'm in the minority then, lads!

Ah well. Superb fight above anything else.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:26 pm

agree that Khan fought a poor fight and to be honest i wasnt too impressed with his corners advice at times. Khan also cant fight inside but still. The ref screwed him, cant decide a fight like that

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:28 pm

WHU I also said earlier I agree that Khan deserved the points deductions, but I think the ref should of done more to stop Peterson charging in with his head down and also a terrible call on the 1st knockdown which in the end would of meant Khan kept his titles.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Dear me, Nelson isn't liking this!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I thought the '1st knockdown' could have been called either way. Khan effectively elbowed him down but maybe Peterson going down already due to a clipping shot.

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Nelson?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Look this is boxing, lots of stuff happens that is illega. But the ref didnt do anything at all about peterson head, nothing about th e low blow, nothing about the illegal punching on both sides on break, and gave two points deductions for pshing. IT was homecooking and IN MY OPINION AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE FORUM OWNERS (edit by adam) the ref may even have been paid. I have no problem if yout hink Khan lost, none at all. I might of had it even or one point to khan, but that ref was crap, and i am sick of this stuff. 2011 has been terribel for homecooking the worst in many years if not ever. Lara v Williams, Devon alexande Matthyse. Chisora Helenius fromt he top of my head and in the last two weeks the refs have got involved.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Johnny Nelson I guess?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Nelson?

Johnny Nelson. Can understand his frustrations but there's only so many times you can run out the 'Peterson didn't win it, Khan lost it' stuff. Someone needs to tell him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

early compubox numbers, not sure how reliable they are

Khan Total Punches: 238/757
Khan Power Punches: 169/486

Peterson Total Punches: 226/573
Peterson Power Punches: 188/406

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree with you Chris I still had Khan a round up after the deductions. I agree with the deductions but feel that Peterson coulod of got away with anything in that ring. The amount of times he charged in with his head down then Khan was told to let him up was unbelievable. I don't think that he gave the first knockdown due to him being in the way?

A great fight from both fighters.

What was interesting for me was hoe differently the refs from America scored it compared to the Puerto Rican.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Khan was winning until the ref screwed him up but thats a schoolboy error if you have constantly been warned. His lack of ring I.Q showed he is clueless on the inside. What next for Khan? rematch with Peterson would be fair.

Mayweather will eat him alive and Bradley like ive said before wins easy.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Apparently the yanks had khan winning but will have to check

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Nelson?

Mr shahen lol after this performance will you still say Bradleys headbutt beats Khan? Smile

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Look on the bright side lads...

Khan can be given the Regular WBA Welterweight with cheese, whilst Lamont will be crowned Super-Universal WBA Champion of the Galaxy.

P.S. Amir Khan complaining about heads coming in... LOL. Maybe he understands how McCloskey, Mallignaggi and Barrera feel now.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Well it would seem so -yes - It apparently worked for peterson - I'll watch it tonight and get back to you.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Going into the 11th I had the fight even or maybe Khan one point up.

They were both shattered but one fighter dug deep and showed a lot of heart and that was Peterson for me. He wanted it more than Khan and my opinion is he deserved the fight even without the point deduction in the last round. The point taken away sealed the deal for me.

Khan fought a poor fight at times allowing himself to be backed up against the rope with Peterson punching him with little resistance.

Khan got drawn into a battle he didn't have to and again showed he isn't so good when an aggressive fighter comes at him and he has to fight on the back foot.

He just made too many mistakes.

Congratulations Lamont, he deserves to enjoy this victory given his life story.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Also I saw David Haye whispering in Amirs ear just before Larry Merchant came over to do the interview.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:16 pm

I had it a draw in case anyone was staying awake waiting for my score to come in.

Id be slightly worried if I was team Khan. Seems like a blueprint on how to beat him is taking shape. I hope he can adapt his game to figure out these aggressive types.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm

lots of amirs punches did not land cleanly,and alot of them hit gloves.
and the fact lamont caught amir cleanly so often has to be a concern for amir and roach,because if ortiz,berto or bradley catch amir cleanly that many times amir will lose by tko or ko.he needs to tighten up his defence and box smarter.
in the rematch tho i expect him to win by 3 or 4 rounds.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 pm

School Project wrote:Look on the bright side lads...

Khan can be given the Regular WBA Welterweight with cheese, whilst Lamont will be crowned Super-Universal WBA Champion of the Galaxy.

P.S. Amir Khan complaining about heads coming in... LOL. Maybe he understands how McCloskey, Mallignaggi and Barrera feel now.

At what point did he ever headbutt Mallignaggi?

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:00 pm

did anyone else notice that they spelt Amirs surname as "Kahn" a few times last night on Skysports?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I had Khan a clear winner but the points deductions made it a little closer.

The points dedcutions some say might be harsh but Amir should have had points taken for leanning on and pushing down on Petersons head and back. However Peterson should alsohave been admomnished for reckless use of the head and hitting on the break.

The referee was poor and he definitely made an error in not crediting Khan with a second knockdown in round 1.

As for the judges, by returning the socres of 113-112 for Peterson then they had Khan losing 6 rounds in the fight which definitely was not the case and that with the 2 points dedcutions and even thos rounds Khan landed the better punches.

However, the biggest error of all was made by team Khan who are not novices in this sport and choosing to take Peterson on in his own backyard knew there was a chance this could happen (home town decisions can happen anywhere, Washington icluding Washington); severley undersestimated Peterson and failed to get any history on the referee before agreeing to have him officiating this fight.

On a final note I would add the Sky pundits are a complete joke. In the afterrmath of Petersons victory they only focused on his hardship in life rather than he being a worthy winner. You win a fight because of what you do in the ring not because you come from apoor background.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Another British fighter gets robbed away from home lol no surprises there! Chisora, Macklin, Murray and now Khan boxing is becoming a joke. Tbh Khan had this coming though too much mouthing about fighting big names people seemed to fall for it and he was very overrated Mayweather would school this guy and Brook would beat him also. What is my prediction for the Froch v Ward fight?? Ward by robbery lol!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Good fight, close and I had it 115-113 to Peterson!

Could have gone either way, some really close rounds, but having just heard Khans interview and his 'team' announcement - I can't help but feel disappointed in them!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm

The pushing point, shouldn't have been docked, Cotto v's Marge, it was never mentioned as an issue.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next