The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant

+32
John Bloody Wayne
spencerclarke
md_fan
tomfinneywalksonwater
The genius of PBF
Knowsit17
ian_jamsie
tommyhearnsprodigalson
JB_Jimbop
ShahenshahG
djlovesyou
JDizzle
oxring
Dass
Steffan
Rowley
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
jamesedwardcox
sodhat
bellchees
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
owen10ozzy
The Galveston Giant
ErmanH
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
Adam D
AlexHuckerby
Scottrf
Union Cane
36 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant - Page 4 Empty Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant - Page 4 Ucpl_l12

To fill the gap between now and Season 4 of the UCPL which starts in January, I am going to run another "Prediction Cup" knockout tournament.

You can get a taste of the fun that lies ahead by looking back at the original UCPL Cup Event by clicking here

The Entrants Make themselves known:

Round 1:

Round 2:

ROUND 3:

SEMI FINALS:
So, we have our finalists, it's congratulations to jamesedwardcox and The Galveston Giant, some mighty impressive predicting there.

UCPL Cup 2 - The Final

The Galveston Giant
vs
jamesedwardcox

The venue for The Final this year is the Holiday Inn, Birmingham.

Spoiler:
With a bit more planning we could have arranged to have the 606v2 Boxing Christmas Party there, nice central location and all that, but it's probably a bit late to organise anything now.

1. Max Maxwell v. Rocky Chakir Max Maxwell W PTS
2. Callum Cooper v. Mark McKray Void
3. John Connelly v. Liam Griffiths Void
4. Craig Cunningham v. Duncan Cottier Craig Cunningham W PTS

5. Callum Cooper v. Liam Giffiths Callum Cooper W PTS

A veritable plethora of alliteration there.

To see the card, click here.

I will need our finalists predictions in by 17:00 tomorrow (20/12/2011).

Get predicting, and good luck!

The Results

Two of the fights didn't happen, but one fighter from each of those fights met in what turned out to be the decider, I amalgamated our guys predictions and the man who came out on top was The Galveston Giant.

Congratulations to the new UCP Cup Winner, and Merry Christmas to you all!

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant - Page 4 A307b11

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:01 am; edited 42 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant - Page 4 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:43 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:For every fight starting with an even number, can I have the fighter on the left to win via UD.

For every fight starting with an odd number, can I have the fighter on the right winning by EKO.

What about fight 10?

10 is an even number but starts with a 1 which is an odd number.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant - Page 4 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction Cup 2 - Winner - The Galveston Giant

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

Knowsit17 wrote:Typical, I get second highest score in the entire first round and still go out. Anybody else care to contest my claim to Unluckiest Poster of the Year?

It's not bad luck your opponent got more points than you, that is how it works.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:47 am

It must sicken you that Solier_Of_Fortune has gone through with only 8 points...

Now it does, cheers for drawing my attention to that particular aspect as if I didn't have enough dolloped on my plate Shocked furious vomit

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

rowley wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:Typical, I get second highest score in the entire first round and still go out. Anybody else care to contest my claim to Unluckiest Poster of the Year?

Eh? Predicting is all about luck, especially yesterday's card. My predictions were second most accurate out of anybody's, only even with 1/31 odds in my favour I drew the week's highest scorer, the only guy to get higher than me.

Now I know how Tyson Gay feels.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

Knowsit17 wrote:
rowley wrote:

Eh? Predicting is all about luck, especially yesterday's card. My predictions were second most accurate out of anybody's, only even with 1/31 odds in my favour I drew the week's highest scorer, the only guy to get higher than me.

Knowsit, if you'd gone through you'd only have choked at the semi finals stage like you do in the latter stages of the UCPL!!

And Tina, prepare to be my biatch.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

Knowsit17 wrote:
rowley wrote:

You think you're unlucky I played someone who got 13 points despite not making valid predictions.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Can't believe Knowsit17 got knocked out with the 2nd best score out of everyone.

1. Ricardo Williams Jr UD
2. Danny McDermott SD
3. Santander Salgado EKO
4. Haskell Rhodes EKO
5. Thomas Baldwin UD
6. Ian James v. Tevin Farmer DRAW
7. Danny Terrill v. Daniel Crabtree DRAW
8. Ramon Santos EKO
9. Carlos Torres LKO
10. Ryan Lopez EKO

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

coxy, if you'd been drawn against me you'd have been thumped, a 10-point stuffing as our scores for this week indicate. You may have maintained your 0 for now but give it time and you'll be exposed just as every luck-driven bum eventually is.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:14 am

You think you're unlucky I played someone who got 13 points despite not making valid predictions.

At least you won.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Don't worry, Knowsit, I will expose the sackless cretin in the next round.

And Union, I am classing 10 as an even number, although I assume you're just been awkward anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Sorry Knowsit i nailed a draw this week. Funny enough i was put out the first round of the last cup with the second highest score.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:33 am

I got the same draw as you GG, it's in certain other fights that you bested me. Can hardly complain with anything but ill luck as I said. Fair play, 28 is a tremendous score and good luck in the next round thumbsup

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

Knocked out the defending champion...Coxy and Knowsit only great predictors win things...Maybe Union can give you both the wooden spoon award.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:40 am

Whoops missed one

Ryan Lopez EKO

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

I must defend our honor, I must defeat Adam D!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:43 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:I must defend our honor, I must defeat Adam D!

If you don't i'd suggest never coming back.

You're representing the mere mortals against the evil admins, don't let us down. I expect you to do 5 hours of research and not just guess.

Win and you'll be a hero to us all, lose and you may as well never come back.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

You were really unlucky then mate if you got the draw aswell, cheers.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

2. Danny McDermott UD
3. Santander Salgado LKO
4. Haskell Rhodes LKO
5. Thomas Baldwin UD
6. Ian James UD
7. Daniel Crabtree MD
8. Ramon Santos EKO
9. Carlos Torres LKO
10. Ryan Lopez UD
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Extremely unlucky mate, 22 points was a great score, as you say if you'd have been up against anyone else you'd be through.

It must sicken you that Solier_Of_Fortune has gone through with only 8 points...

Luck of the draw though, I'm afraid!

Haha very lucky indeed

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

1. Ricardo Williams Jr LKO
2. Danny McDermott UD
3. Santander Salgado LKO
4. Haskell Rhodes WKO
5. Thomas Baldwin UD
6. Ian James UD
7. Daniel Crabtree SD
8. Ramon Santos LKO
9. Carlos Torres LKO
10. Ryan Lopez EKO

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Congrats Soldier of Fortune - living up to your name I see!

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:57 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Congrats Soldier of Fortune - living up to your name I see!

Haha nice one. Pure luck. Hopefully I can rack up a decent total next round.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:00 pm

You've got along with jb the lowest winning score Laugh I hope you win in similar vein over everyone else - will give me a laugh if nothing else.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

Round 2? Didn't even realise we'd had round 1 yet! Sorry Union, will make sure I'm more alert next time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Round 2? Didn't even realise we'd had round 1 yet! Sorry Union, will make sure I'm more alert next time.

Post your predictions for round 1 now Chris, am sure Union will still accept them, fairly easy going attitude to such things as the rules this time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

rowley wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Round 2? Didn't even realise we'd had round 1 yet! Sorry Union, will make sure I'm more alert next time.

Post your predictions for round 1 now Chris, am sure Union will still accept them, fairly easy going attitude to such things as the rules this time round.

Victor Meldrew

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

2. Danny McDermott UD
3. Santander Salgado EKO
4. Haskell Rhodes LKO
5. Thomas Baldwin UD
6. Ian James UD
7. Danny Terrill LKO
8. Ramon Santos EKO
9. Carlos Torres LKO
10. Ryan Lopez EKO

Knowsit....I shall try and avenge your defeat! Though if i lose ill just claim to be the 2nd unluckiest guy on the board for drawing The Galveston Giant in the 2nd round!! Smile

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:20 pm

Ricardo Williams Jr. - UD
Danny McDermott - UD
Santander Silgado - EKO
Haskell Rhodes - LKO
Thomas Baldwin - UD
Ian James - UD
Danny Terrill - UD
Santos/Caban - DRAW
Carlos Torres - LKO
Ryan Lopez - LKO

COME ON THEN ADAM D - COME AND HAVE AGO IF YOU THINK YOU'RE 'ARD ENOUGH!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JB_Jimbop Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:23 pm

Massively lucked out in first round thanks to a bye! Sorry to everyone who mashed my score but went out, particularly Knowsit, some says its better to be lucky than good though haha.

No time to check boxrec so Bloke on the left by UD for every fight please Union.

JB_Jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:29 pm

No time to check boxrec so Bloke on the left by UD for every fight please Union.

Well thats 75% of who's left going for that same method.....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Sheep

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:35 pm

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Sheep

You're one of said sheep Rotweey

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

Was the first on the thread to say first on left UD I believe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:39 pm

Williams jr UD
McDermott UD
Salgado EKO
Rhodes UD
Foster EKO
James UD
Terrill EKO
Draw
Torres EKO
Lopez LKO

Cheers Union!!!

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:39 pm

rowley wrote:Was the first on the thread to say first on left UD I believe.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:43 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Was the first on the thread to say first on left UD I believe.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad.

Spoiler:

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:24 pm

rowley wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:
rowley wrote:

You really are sounding like Amir now Very Happy
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:26 pm

oxring wrote:
rowley wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:
rowley wrote:

You really are sounding like Amir now Very Happy

Quality.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

1. Carson Jones v. Ricardo Williams Jr (12) - Jones SD
2. Danny McDermott v. Bryan Abraham (6) - McDermot - UD
3. Santander Salgado v. Glen Williams (6) - Salgado - UD
4. Haskell Rhodes v. Terrence Harris (6) - Harris SD
5. Thomas Baldwin v. Dominique Foster (4) - Foster UD
6. Ian James v. Tevin Farmer (4) Farmer UD
7. Danny Terrill v. Daniel Crabtree (4) - Crabtree UD
8. Ramon Santos v. Jonathan Caban (4) Draw
9. Carlos Torres v. Dominique Azeez (4) Draw
10. Ryan Lopez v. Richard Dawson (4)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

2. Danny McDermott UD
3. Santander Salgado EKO
4. Haskell Rhodes EKO
5. Thomas Baldwin UD
6. Ian James UD
7. Danny Terrill EKO
8. Ramon Santos v. Jonathan Caban (4) DRAW
9. Carlos Torres EKO
10. Ryan Lopez LKO

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Knocked out the defending champion...Coxy and Knowsit only great predictors win things...Maybe Union can give you both the wooden spoon award.

One shot wonder more like, been staving off relegation since.

I'm the best performer on average

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

Not long left, we're waiting for :

The Galveston Giant
sodhat
&
jamesedwardcox
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:24 pm

Union Cane wrote:Not long left, we're waiting for :

The Galveston Giant
sodhat
&
jamesedwardcox

I'm wet....

With persperation due to excitement.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

I shall be cheering on Coxy to stuff Tina and Sodhat to teach Rowley Khan a lesson this round.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Dass wrote:I shall be cheering on Coxy to stuff Tina and Sodhat to teach Rowley Khan a lesson this round.

I am stunned that you want that odious little man to beat me, Dass. Hurt and stunned.

I can well understand the sodhat beating rowley vibe though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

Dass wrote:I shall be cheering on Coxy to stuff Tina and Sodhat to teach Rowley Khan a lesson this round.

I am stunned that you want that odious little man to beat me, Dass. Hurt and stunned.

I can well understand the sodhat beating rowley vibe though.

6'2 of little man.....

And why would it be so wrong to support the resident comedian and boxing guru!?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

30 years old and still growing?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

Boo hoo, really hope Rowley loses, how dare he ask that the rules of the competition are enforced for everyone, what a nasty man, pitiful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:30 years old and still growing?

29, get it right. And as it's post season my gut is growing yes.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

This is one of those matchups where I want both sides to lose

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next