The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ways boxing can become better1??

5 posters

Go down

Which of these is the best way to make boxing better??

Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_lcap6%Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_lcap39%Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_lcap0%Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_lcap55%Ways boxing can become better1?? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 18

Ways boxing can become better1?? Empty Ways boxing can become better1??

Post by Waingro Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:00 pm

Boxing is at risk at the moment and it needs improving sports like UFC are more popular now and boxing is on tv less. In years to come I think UFC or other sports could take over boxing and it will not be as big. I was thinking of ways to make boxing better and more popular which do people think would be best and if you have any other suggestions add them in just ideas you think would make boxing better. I have put in some ideas already.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Ways boxing can become better1?? Empty Re: Ways boxing can become better1??

Post by manos de piedra Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Robberies is the least significant. It doesnt happen as often as is made out. The other three all kind of link into one another but I would go with less belts. If you put it on tv more often with 50 different belts per weight newcomers wont have a clue whats going on and wont have a clue after youve explained it to them either.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

think less ppv's will happen anyways over the coming year. lots of burnt fingers over the last 18months

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

Even if terrestrail TV would cover domestic fights it would make a big impact to the sport I'd suspect. That way I'd be happy to pay sky for world level fights and PPV for the biggest.
But the only way the PPV model imo can be maintained into the future is through building up prospects on terrestrial. BBC and ITV would need to get on board.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

[quote="jimdig"]Even if terrestrail TV would cover domestic fights it would make a big impact to the sport I'd suspect. That way I'd be happy to pay sky for world level fights and PPV for the biggest.
But the only way the PPV model imo can be maintained into the future is through building up prospects on terrestrial. BBC and ITV would need to get on board. [/quote

Terrestrial TV died a long long time ago unfortunately (although C5 are trying to make a comeback). I'm a fan of the model Sky Sports have managed to establish- showing the majority of the young fighters and prizefighter series. All that's required is to bring over Warren's stable which hopefully should happen with the fall of Boxnation which is based on an unsustainable format.

PPV's are not really required by Sky, there isn't enough revenue generated from them. Only PPV that would sell is Pacquiao vs Mayweather, and even that might struggle to sell in the UK.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down