The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience

+8
Michaels, Sean
coxy0001
Scottrf
Rowley
DoubleD22
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
Steffan
12 posters

Go down

5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience Empty 5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 pm

* Have 'golden point rounds' during 3 and 4 where a knockdown automatically ends the fight via TKO

* Throw a baseball bat into the ring at the start of 6. Each fighter has the ability to use the bat how they please till the end of the round although low blows and rabbit punches are still off limits

* The fighters dont have to come out for round 9 they get an extra few minutes rest as that is for the local pole dancing contest

* Leave the stools in the corners during the final round and have musical chairs. When the music comes on the last fighter to make it back to their stool gets a point taken off

* If declared a draw at the end the fighters must engage in a game of paper scissors stone to decide the winner like men

Anyone else got some ideas how we could spice it up a bit?

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 5 times in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience Empty Re: 5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Contender for worst article of all time. Up there with the spinning back fist, this one!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience Empty Re: 5 Ways to make boxing more exciting and appeal to a younger audience

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm

NOTE TO THE MODERATORS.........

Several weeks ago, I suggested you may be well advised to ban Steffan from the boards given his previous posting history on 606. I recall saying that, should he be allowed to post on this forum then "no good will come of it"

Surely this article is proof, if proof were needed, that I was correct all along. Now, I don't want an apology from you or even credit for recognising the danger several weeks ago, I just want you to ban/remove any of Steffan's articles that veer of wildly into the realms of pointlessness and/or stupidity (thus effectively banning him outright I suppose)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Contender for worst article of all time. Up there with the spinning back fist, this one!

Sorry, FoF, can't agree there; the musical chairs bit actually made me smile a wee bit, much to my shame!

Five star stuff as ever, Steffan.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Chris, COME BACK CHRIS, CHRIS!!! NOOOOOOOO

Dave, I think we've lost him...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Great article... 🤦

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:NOTE TO THE MODERATORS.........

Several weeks ago, I suggested you may be well advised to ban Steffan from the boards given his previous posting history on 606. I recall saying that, should he be allowed to post on this forum then "no good will come of it"

Surely this article is proof, if proof were needed, that I was correct all along. Now, I don't want an apology from you or even credit for recognising the danger several weeks ago, I just want you to ban/remove any of Steffan's articles that veer of wildly into the realms of pointlessness and/or stupidity (thus effectively banning him outright I suppose)

Yet Union Stain does the humourous 'The Inverse Ducking Hamed, 37, Reverse Linear (Backward / Forward) P4P Championship Title Theory' article (which made me laugh to be fair do) thumbsup and you dont say a word but just because you dont like me you call for me to be removed. Oh well there we are then...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Yet Union Stain does the humourous

Did you not have a pop at people and question their maturaity for calling you Steffy and Stephanie the other day but come back with the hilarious Stain instead of Cane, odd that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 pm

* If declared a draw at the end the fighters must engage in a game of paper scissors stone to decide the winner like men
Do they get to take thier gloves off first...otherwise it could go on a while...a bit like your unending stream of stupidity!

Steffan, I don't dislike you (I don't even know you) however, I do believe that if was to take the time to get to know you, I would probably dislike you immensely. Maybe you should consider these comments as positive as I'm confident they could be so much worse if I gave full vent to my frustrations vis a vis you and you role in the great scheme of things

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:46 pm

rowley wrote:Yet Union Stain does the humourous

Did you not have a pop at people and question their maturaity for calling you Steffy and Stephanie the other day but come back with the hilarious Stain instead of Cane, odd that.

Yes but thats a private joke between me and Stain. He can give as good as he gets. Its only a user name anyway is Union Cane. Steffan is my real name

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 pm

He can give as good as he gets

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:He can give as good as he gets

Stain is a funny guy so yeah you are probably right Dave

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

I though Steph was your real name because you use Girl50 as your username elsewhere?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:I though Steph was your real name because you use Girl50 as your username elsewhere?

Isn't that a sequel to a Spike Lee film (one for the film buffs out there)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:I though Steph was your real name because you use Girl50 as your username elsewhere?

That was my ex Mrs Urban Dictionary account that I typed it on

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Missed this day on the old 606, please enlighten as i know it's a running jibe.

I'm a bit disturbed he'd pose as a young girl online, in all seriousness shall we get the mods to report his IP number to the relevant authorities as i'm pretty sure they'd like to knnow why a grown man is pretending to be a young girl in order to talk to young boys..........................

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 pm

rowley wrote:

Isn't that a sequel to a Spike Lee film (one for the film buffs out there)
"Girl50" was never the sequel to "Crooklyn", "Jungle Fever" Do the Right Thing", "Son of Sam" or any other Spike Lee vehicle. Yo're just talking rot now, Rowley!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Steffan was trying to be clever on a topic, posted something as though he'd written it himself. It was found on Urbandictionary and he tried to claim that post, but the username was Girl50.

Wasn't it ONETWO that actually pretended to be a teenage girl? Don't remember that one though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Just do what showtime did and get a couple of pieces with nice bristols waving a card during the breaks. Did it for me on Sunday but there was one old trout who had an annoying face.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Scott was indeed Onetwo. He had a spell of leaving the boards and then returning but announcing his combeack with threads solely about his return and how he wanted to talk boxing etc. However after a while one of these appeared from a 15 year old girl who had joined the forum. Based on the style, appaling spelling and god awful grammar took people about five seconds to realise it was onetwo. Suffice to say "she" did not post much after that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Don't wish to be a killjoy, fellas, but the admin team received a report about this one - no names, no pack drill - so somebody has to jump in to steady the ship.

What began as a tongue - in - cheek subject is in danger of going belly up, which seems a bit daft. Can we all play nicely, please ?

Thanks.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Stephanie you little snitch.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Byd am Abertawe!!!!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Scottrf wrote:Stephanie you little snitch.

????????

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm

I reiterate - please play nicely.

This is a tongue in cheek article - yet half the board seems to be taking it in deadly earnest.

Stop abusing other posters - or the debate will be locked.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

oxring wrote:I reiterate - please play nicely.

This is a tongue in cheek article - yet half the board seems to be taking it in deadly earnest.

Sod off.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm

oxring wrote:I reiterate - please play nicely.

Thanks Oxring. Dont lock the thread though that allows the bullies to win im sick of the insults I get on here but dont worry fellas I aint going anywhere Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Union Cane - tongue in cheek or not, that deserves a warning.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down