The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?

+5
Gregers
Sway
ADMIN
David Tails
Dexter Morgan
9 posters

Go down

iPhone 4 or iPhone 5? Empty iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 13 Mar - 12:49

I've been holding fire on getting an iPhone for a while now because by the time I realised it is unlikely they'll release a white iPhone 4 it was after Xmas!

So question is does anyone have an iPhone 4? Are you likely to get an iPhone 5 when it's released? Should I get a 4 or wait for the 5 to be released? (will probably be June or July if any previous releases are to go by)

Thanks

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

iPhone 4 or iPhone 5? Empty Re: iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?

Post by David Tails Sun 13 Mar - 12:53

I've got an old iPhone 3G. Greatest gadget I've ever owned. My contract runs out in a month or 2 so I'm holding off for the iPhone 5.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Mar - 13:03

Or get an android?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar - 13:15

It won't be released in June or July. It will be revelead around then with stock expected to be rolled out for release around the end of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 13 Mar - 13:36

Ah good point Beer it'll be announced in June or July. Still I think I can wait for the 5 or at least to see if its worth shelling out for whatever new features it has.

Not fussed about Android phones Hero, guess I'm just getting sucked into the Apple machine!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sway Fri 25 Mar - 16:21

Dex, I'm in similar position to you, can't decide if I should wait for the iphone 5 or upgrade to the iphone 4 right now (contract on my old Iphone 3 has just run out) would be interested to hear from anyone thats owned the 3 or 3gs models and has moved onto the iphone 4 and how they all compare

Sway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar - 22:57

If their battery wasn't cr4p, then I'd go for an android HTC phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 28 Mar - 10:09

Definately go for a HTC android phone. I've got Desire Z and it is sensational!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 28 Mar - 13:12

iPhone 4 is probably the best bet for now, although why colour is so important I'll never understand. As someone already said, the iPhone 5 won;t be out until later in the year and even then you are better waiting a few months until they rid any of the inevitable bugs.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 11 May - 20:43

I'm not a phone freak, but still got an Iphone4, it's fine (on pay as you go).
It's like a mini computer, very handy to have.
I wouldn't mind getting an Ipad4, too, simply as the phone is not really suitable for surfing the web, as most websites don't have their full version available.
Also, be careful which network you go with, the one I'm on at the moment is horrid if you don't know what you are doing.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 13 Aug - 23:38

I had an Apple Iphone 3GS (two year contract) which ended recently and have made the switch to a new Samsung Galaxy SII and very pleased with it so far.

Apple phones are the most popular phone out there but that does not mean they are the best. Nothing really bad to say about my old Iphone but lacks ability to play videos from websites as it has no agreement with Adobe Flash Player so that lets it down. Also you take what Apple give you as in limited choice of wallpaper/keyboard etc for phone and limited amount of ringtones. Already after just a few days with my Samsung I feel free as I can customise the phone to how I want it and camera is far superior and comes supplied with far more software.

At the end of the day it is your choice though.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 17 Aug - 13:47

CaledonianCraig wrote:I had an Apple Iphone 3GS (two year contract) which ended recently and have made the switch to a new Samsung Galaxy SII and very pleased with it so far.

Apple phones are the most popular phone out there but that does not mean they are the best. Nothing really bad to say about my old Iphone but lacks ability to play videos from websites as it has no agreement with Adobe Flash Player so that lets it down. Also you take what Apple give you as in limited choice of wallpaper/keyboard etc for phone and limited amount of ringtones. Already after just a few days with my Samsung I feel free as I can customise the phone to how I want it and camera is far superior and comes supplied with far more software.

I've had an iphone 4 (my first iphone) for a month now and really like it. You can make your own ringtones by editing songs in itunes and you change wallpapers really easily. It has a 5MP camera and a HD video camera.

After two years with a blackberry bold 9700 I'm very impressed with the iphone.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 25 Aug - 23:42

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I had an Apple Iphone 3GS (two year contract) which ended recently and have made the switch to a new Samsung Galaxy SII and very pleased with it so far.

I've had an iphone 4 (my first iphone) for a month now and really like it. You can make your own ringtones by editing songs in itunes and you change wallpapers really easily. It has a 5MP camera and a HD video camera.

After two years with a blackberry bold 9700 I'm very impressed with the iphone.

Oh don't get me wrong I'd take an Iphone over a blackberry anytime and Iphones are very good. They do have their flaws though as I pointed out but as long as you are happy that is the main thing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 26 Aug - 0:21

I've got the original Samsung Galaxy S which I'm more than happy with but the current one just blows it out of the water and is currently thought of as THE best phone on the market;

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440?artc_pg=21

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 26 Aug - 22:36

Hero wrote:I've got the original Samsung Galaxy S which I'm more than happy with but the current one just blows it out of the water and is currently thought of as THE best phone on the market;

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440?artc_pg=21

That is the phone I have upgraded to. Very nice as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down