The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King kenny - Mid-term report.

+11
marty2086
liverbnz
JDLFC
Kay Fabe
Fernando
monzon
spencerclarke
jro786
Crimey
Diggers
LivinginItaly
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

King kenny - Mid-term report. - Page 2 Empty King kenny - Mid-term report.

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

As we near the halfway point of the season, I am interested to hear your thoughts and comments on Kenny Dalglish's progress at Liverpool. It will be interesting to compare opinions from supporters of Liverpool and other teams, as undoubtedly we reds can be a bit biased at times.

To me he will always be the king, but is he the right person for Liverpool now?

Has the team made as much progress as expected?

I have been generally happy with our performances against the bigger teams. But we still seem to have a problem beating the smaller teams, which has resulted in dropping points that we shouldn't be.

Given that my expectations are to qualify for the champions league this season, it could be argued that we are just about making enough progress, however, the dropped points are a concern.

What about the tactics and the style of play? Which signings have been good / bad?

What do you think Liverpool will achieve this season? Will that constitute a successful season?

Long live the King!

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

King kenny - Mid-term report. - Page 2 Empty Re: King kenny - Mid-term report.

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:56 pm

Probably my rose-tinted Liverpool glasses, but no English team that I have seen has had the magic of that 87-90 Liverpool team. Look on youtube at the 87-88 Liverpool season review if you don't agree.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Dec 2011, 5:25 pm

Liverpool suffered most when the pass back rule came into play in 92/93

I was really disappointed in Dalglish last night, from the get go I felt his team selection was wrong and when he did finally get round to changing it he made poor substitions and didn't look to change the system much

I've said for a while on various threads that I feel Charlie Adam is a weak link, the Liverpool team seems to be built around him (I know some disagree) and for me he doesn't do enough to justify that kind of importance to the team, some of his passing can be sensational, no doubt about it but for me he is far to greedy, the other two guys in the middle with him have to do all his running and he never tries to get beyond the forwards, he is entrusted with every dead ball which has seen a dramatic decrease in quality yet he continues to take everything

Charlie Adam is a good squad player, a good guy to bring in to the team but as the midfield lynchpin???? No thanks, he justr doesn't offer enough

You also have to look at Stuart Downing, I'm not a fan of the lad, never have been but the fact of the matter is no-one put in more crosses into the box last season than him (240 odds I think) and Dalglish seems to want to try him anywhere bar the position he's most dangerous in, left wing, all that with a center forward who is nit just tasll but great in the air

Kenny Dalglish has done alright, Liverpool when the play, mostly look like a team who are challenging at the top of the table but he's also made some pretty strange selections and cost his team points, home drawes with Sunderland, Swansea and Norwich where very frustrating anfd the fact it wasn't just a one off suggests he hasn't quite worked out a formula when things aren't working, the flipside is the have went to Arsenal and Chelsea and won well and where possibly the better team against both Manchester clubs at Anfield

I think Liverpool have done very well away from home but their home form has been poor from a club with high expectations and assperations to finish in at least the Champions League positions

B- from me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

Unfortunately its results like yesterday against Blackburn that make me concerned about Liverpool's progress.

It is possible to explain it away by saying we were unlucky, we created more chances, their goalkeeper and defenders played very well.

However, when this seems to be the case on a regular basis with our home matches, then it becomes more worrying.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2