The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes Federer so great?

+9
LuvSports!
luciusmann
invisiblecoolers
Manojchandra
laverfan
bogbrush
hawkeye
Simple_Analyst
amritia3ee
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is Federer's best attribute

What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Empty What makes Federer so great?

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Roger Federer is a Swiss tennis player who is currently number 3 in the rankings. He is recognised by many as one of the greats in the game with a superb all-round game. Even the mighty Swiss does have some weaknesses though, his mental strength has been questionable (2 match points US Open SF 2 years in a row) and his backhand tends to collapse at times.
However let's forget these weaknesses for now, this article is about the positive side of Federer. What is his best shot/ which shot has improved the most!

Potential categories:
Serve
FH
BH
Defence
Mental Strength
Fitness/Stamina
Return of Serve
Drop shot/lobs
Volleys

Leave your thoughts Smile Hug

Last edited by amritia3ee on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 am; edited 4 times in total
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

What makes Federer so great? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes Federer so great?

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Ah SA, the fact you can't grasp how badly you were humiliated on that thread says it all! What would you know about educating SA? You seem incapable of educating yourself of your own errors let alone others. Have your personally met all Federer fans to be able to be so high and mighty to assert you can educate all of them?

The simple maths is irrefutable, Nadal is marooned on 10 slams and Fed is on 16 and there doesn't appear much chance Nadal will ever catch him. Should that remain the slam count for both, Federer will be regarded by most (not all) as the best ever and Nadal won't. Simple. Get your head around it. I suggest you go over that thread and have a good laugh at yourself as everyone else on the forum did so at your expense. laughing

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Although Fed is a great player I do not consider him the greatest for various reasons.
I would go through them but that would be 'Fed bashing.'
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Lol luciusmann is losing is it now Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Siding with SA and thinking that somehow he is logical and comes to sensible conclusions really does you a disservice. You don't actually believe anyone takes SA seriously on this forum? If you read that thread which I posted earlier, it's clear not a single poster has any idea what he's on about. Yet he keeps digging deeper and deeper. I implore you not to become an SA drone, I don't think many of us other posters fancy showing how awfully wrong you are (as he often invariably is!

If I've lost it SA, you lost it a long time ago, probably around the time you wrote that ill fated thread! Hug

Last edited by luciusmann on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

I wasn't aware of Tenez doing that (maybe I missed it), and I'd rather BB didn't either, so I can't defend him there.
Nevertheless I get the impression that any poster who praises Fed or, God forbid, says he's better than Rafa, gets dismissed as a 'nitwit' with a contemptuous Laugh at them.
606v2 has never really been like that before at such a level and I find it saddening.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

I won't call you "armpit" any more.

Lord Charles seems more appropriate.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Of course I have not said that. You think Fed is better than Rafa and I have not called you any names at all.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I wasn't aware of Tenez doing that (maybe I missed it), and I'd rather BB didn't either, so I can't defend him there.
Nevertheless I get the impression that any poster who praises Fed or, God forbid, says he's better than Rafa, gets dismissed as a 'nitwit' with a contemptuous Laugh at them.
606v2 has never really been like that before at such a level and I find it saddening.

I did it once 20 minutes ago. He's just invented that as an explanation for his generally abusive behaviour.

He made the big, big mistake of taking Simplistic seriously and agreeing with everything he writes. Hence, whatever his potential quality, he is just coming off as a clown.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:56 pm

bogbrush wrote:I won't call you "armpit" any more.

Lord Charles seems more appropriate.
You and Tenez are the only Federer fans who seem slightly clueless and need to be educated.
tbh most of the other Fed fans have shown impressive knowledge and good grasp of logic. You and Tenez are one of the exceptions I'm afraid. Hug
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Can you please stop the bickering guys,
Its getting very tiresome and Im sick of editing stuff and removing posts.

Either play nicely or not at all. By not at all, that means me getting nasty and possibly dishing out temp bans.

Its not healthy for the section, it puts off people from posting and is against our site rules. (The insult stuff)

Please, I am asking nicely, stop the digs. Now.

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

But you have set up threads which are nothing but thinly veiled attacks on Federer. How mature is that? To be fair, both that and name calling are rather juvenile and childish, but I wouldn't claim the high ground in any way amritia3ee, you are far from some innocent victim. Rolling Eyes

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

bogbrush wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I wasn't aware of Tenez doing that (maybe I missed it), and I'd rather BB didn't either, so I can't defend him there.

I did it once 20 minutes ago. He's just invented that as an explanation for his generally abusive behaviour.

He made the big, big mistake of taking Simplistic seriously and agreeing with everything he writes. Hence, whatever his potential quality, he is just coming off as a clown.
Firstly Tenez did yesterday. Secondly its not 'simplistic.'
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:00 pm

luciusmann wrote:But you have set up threads which are nothing but thinly veiled attacks on Federer. How mature is that? To be fair, both that and name calling are rather juvenile and childish, but I wouldn't claim the high ground in any way amritia3ee, you are far from some innocent victim. Rolling Eyes
Of course not.. my what were Federer's strength article were being serious. My 'interview with Fed' was a joke- why would he want to be dictator of Switzerland. And the poll had nothing against Federer.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:04 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
luciusmann wrote:But you have set up threads which are nothing but thinly veiled attacks on Federer. How mature is that? To be fair, both that and name calling are rather juvenile and childish, but I wouldn't claim the high ground in any way amritia3ee, you are far from some innocent victim. Rolling Eyes
Of course not.. my what were Federer's strength article were being serious. My 'interview with Fed' was a joke- why would he want to be dictator of Switzerland. And the poll had nothing against Federer.

If you were being serious why did you drag Nadal into an article purporting to be about why Federer is so great? When you did drag Nadal into the debate, all you asserted was he was better, again, how does that make any poster think that your motive was simply to get Federer fans to contribute and then dismiss their views by simply saying Nadal was better. The poll was just an after thought you added in to make yourself look serious. Nice try.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Don't worry Luciusmann, the day i take anything you say seriously is the day i know i've lost my sense of homour and infact my sense as well.Laugh

I do like you giving me english lessons though, especially when every post from you after such lessons shows a total disregard for the language.Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Firstly Tenez did yesterday. Secondly its not 'simplistic.'

Firstly I'm not Tenez.

And secondly, yes, I'm afraid it is Simplistic..

Though I'm sure he appreciates having a little fan.

Last edited by bogbrush on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

By the way, name calling never offends me. Feel free to call anything you like lol.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:10 pm

I got better things to do than give you English lessons SA. Your laughing smileys doesn't disguise how foolish many of your posts have been and never will, but keep putting a brave face on it, guess it saves you from losing face? Total disregard would be you forgetting that in English 'i' is always a capital 'I'.

Again, your petty personal attacks is what you always resort to when as usual your losing the argument, time and again, it's the only thing you able to resort to. It speaks volumes about you.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm

At this stage, if I could get myself a temporary ban, it might be a blessing.
But dammit, I'm just too nice a guy.

The best I can come up with is 'Y I Man, I think the ratio of capital letters to lower case in your user name is ridiculous'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:12 pm

I still can't understand how 50% of people think Federer has no threats. Very anti-Fed IMHO
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 pm

My sides hurt, Boggo callling me a clown. At least Boggo knows his title of 606v2 "Resident Clown" is safe Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Whether it offends you or not is irrelevant SA.

Everyone who joined this forum signed up to and agreed to our site rules when registering. Unfortunately, the site rules keep being forgotten.
As a refresher, they are here:
https://www.606v2.com/t1019-site-rules

The section has been running brilliantly recently, and now its in chaos.

Whether that is down to the run up to Christmas, and everyone winding down at work and silly season and all, I dont know. But its going to stop now. Its getting ridiculous.

I say this for the last time, the insults, digs, attacking other members etc it all stops now. If it continues, expect to receive a temp ban with no prior warning. You are adults, start debating like adults.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Thread unlocked, play nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm

What nicer way to start than by telling Simple that I didn't call him a clown?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Well i'll play it nice. What makes Federer great? The ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victort. That itself is great.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Well i'll play it nice. What makes Federer great? The ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victort. That itself is great.

In what way does that make Federer great?
Or do you mean you think it's great when Federer loses from a winning position? (Because that doesn't really answer the question, and as such, isn't really fair on amritia's serious poll.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Julius are you accusing me of attempted bias? That is serious allegation

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm

I had to tell my youngest lad that "stop it" means "stop it, now" earlier on.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:I had to tell my youngest lad that "stop it" means "stop it, now" earlier on.
This is extremely irrelevant and off-topic. Leave your life story outside this.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:11 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
bogbrush wrote:I had to tell my youngest lad that "stop it" means "stop it, now" earlier on.
Regrettably it is utterly relevant.

And I wasn't addressing you.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:15 pm

bogbrush wrote:
amritia3ee wrote:
Regrettably it is utterly relevant.

And I wasn't addressing you.
Yes, I have actually realised I am not your son.

If you are having problems at home I would suggest e-mailing an agony aunt- perhaps deidre. My thread is neither the time or space to tell all your sob stories.

Last edited by amritia3ee on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Will you stop stalking me?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Can we heed YI's previous warning please. Thread will be locked again if we don't play nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Trying to describe Federer is like trying to write an essay on Shakespeare: mission impossible, as everything seems to have already been said, yet, I'll try...

Federer is one of the best things that happened to tennis:
he looks good on the court and is a very well built and proportional athlete. He doesn't make sounds when he plays and is a natural attacker, it's all about the killer instinct in his game.
Fortunately for him, his hand to eye coordination is out of this world, the shot making is no effort for him, the arms and legs just follow the thought process seamlessly and effortlessly.
His forehand is powerful and accurate, his wrist is a miracle.
The single handed backhand is the most beautiful I've ever seen, versatile, strong, pure joy.
His game in the early day was absolutely perfect.
Now, modern technology has pushed him back to baseline where he is not in his ultimate comfort zone, baseline is haven for double handed backhanders, not Fed.
So he is suffering there.
After watching him live from close up, I can only say: breath-taking.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius are you accusing me of attempted bias? That is serious allegation

Not at all. I wouldn't dream of it, as I know that you're unbiased. I was simply asking for a further explanation, to help out the thread.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Lol. Any way i have a negative view of what is great in this case.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius are you accusing me of attempted bias?
Attempted? Laugh

Simple_Analyst wrote:That is [a] serious allegation

Sorry LuciusMann and Y I Man and Sainty!. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:23 pm

lol..well this thread is going along well Whistle
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Lol Laverfan. I thought i told you to stick to your only use :googling statistical data for the board.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Lol Laverfan. I thought i told you to stick to your only use :googling statistical data for the board.

I did. I will find some interesting statistics tonight, SA. At least I got an 'LOL' out of you, which is Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:22 pm

lydian wrote:lol..well this thread is going along well Whistle

no wonder who is heading the troop of v2 comic version king

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:37 pm

...meaning?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm

lydian is actually a good poster and more fair minded than many on here. I think everyone knows which two posters have really soured things over the last few days and coincidentally, one is a rabid Nadal fanatic and the other a rabid Federer hater, what a combo.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks luciusmann, appreciated. People know me as a nadal "fan" and I'll defend my opinion no more than others do (Tenez/BB and I have been locking horns for literally years...its nothing new), and my aim is discuss the topics at hand, never to cause general wumming/discord on here or anywhere else. I dont go round spamming threads, etc. We're all here because we like tennis, we should bear that in mind.

I think the forum has got very busy and a little heated today and people are making hasty decisions off the back of it. However, I dont take kindly to being labelled a trouble causer and ring-leader by invisiblecoolers though (his comments about me on the Debunked Thread are ridiculous), especially since I was a member of this forum some time before they were. I think people just need to take a step back, breathe in deeply and come back to the forum fresh tomorrow...its also off season and this is where the player comparison threads always come in. There'll be plenty of "new" tennis in a couple of weeks time to discuss again.

zen to all
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 am

v
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

lydian wrote:There'll be plenty of "new" tennis in a couple of weeks time to discuss again.

Waiting for Mubadla, Doha, Brisbane, AO, ... to 2012. Bubbly

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:46 am

lydian wrote:We're all here because we like tennis, we should bear that in mind

Not me, I'm here to crack wise. Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2