The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shontayne Hape Ending England Career

+6
kiakahaaotearoa
bathmad
formerly known as Sam
rodders
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
10 posters

Go down

Shontayne Hape Ending England Career Empty Shontayne Hape Ending England Career

Post by maestegmafia Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:47 am

The London Irish star, 30, expects new interim head coach Stuart Lancaster to overhaul the squad for the Six Nations.

Lancaster will name a 32-man on 11 January and is expected to include a number of players who did not appear at the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand.

"I won the Six Nations, which was a treat, and I think it is time the young guys experienced that," Hape said.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Shontayne Hape Ending England Career Empty Re: Shontayne Hape Ending England Career

Post by LondonTiger Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 am

He is not officially retiring from Int Rugby though. Just saying he does not expect to be selected.

England centre Shontayne Hape believes his international career may be over.

The London Irish star, 30, will not retire from Test duty but expects new interim head coach Stuart Lancaster to overhaul the squad for the Six Nations.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Shontayne Hape Ending England Career Empty Re: Shontayne Hape Ending England Career

Post by rodders Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 am

I know he's rubbish but its a bit premature to throw the towel in?...I mean if he was Irish he'd just be starting out on his test career at 30.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 am

The problem with him (and Tindall) not retiring is that as part of the agreement with the clubs the selection of the EPS can include 10 changes for form and any retirement or long term injury changes as needed.
Lancaster can still select outside of the 32 man EPS for match day - and official Int Window training - but clubs do not have to release players for the extra sessions that RFU have bought with the EPS agreement.

Hape and Tindall would free up two extra spots if they did retire.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 am

LT remember there are 10 changes allowed plus the additional changes for the retirees and players injured.

They will need replacements for Thompson, Mears, Sheridan, Shaw, Palmer (new foreign player ruling), Moody, Wigglesworth and Wilkinson as well as the 10 allowed changes. So they can change more than half of the 30 man squad taken to the RWC and add two more besides. More if Cueto has retired as well.

There are players worth keeping in the squad;

Prop; Cole, Corbs, Wilson
Hooker; Hartley
Lock;Lawes, Deacon
Backrow; Croft, Easter, Wood
Half Back; Youngs, Simpson, Flood
Centres; Manu
Outside backs; Foden

Add;

Props; Mullan, PDJ
Hooker; Grey, Webber
Lock; Garvey, Robson
Backrow; Robshaw, Seymour, Fearns?
Half Backs; Hodgson, Care
Centres; Barritt, Trinder and A N Other IC
Outside Backs; Brown, Sharples, Short, Strettle

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:16 pm

If anyone mentions Deacon in the same sentence as England ever again, I will kill someone.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:17 pm

If anyone mentions Deacon in the same sentence as England ever again, I will kill someone..

Yet he'd walk into the Bath team, probably on a massive 4 year deal as well. thumbsup

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:20 pm

There once was a man called Deacon
Who wanted to play for England
But a madman from Bath
With a maniacal laugh
Chopped off his head and sadly his England hopes were dashed.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:30 pm

bathmad wrote:If anyone mentions Deacon in the same sentence as England ever again, I will kill someone.
I'll stay away from you for a while then! I thought he played well in last years 6N - as long as there are plenty of other ball carriers in the pack then I think he can still do a job. Probably wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be too upset if he was still in the EPS

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 pm

formerly known as Sam

So you would not keep Ashton in the squad then.

WHY.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Time For Trumpton Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:14 pm

bathmad wrote:If anyone mentions Deacon in the same sentence as England ever again, I will kill someone.

I know, its nearly as bad as mentioning Banahan.

Time For Trumpton

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
If anyone mentions Deacon in the same sentence as England ever again, I will kill someone..

Yet he'd walk into the Bath team, probably on a massive 4 year deal as well. thumbsup

Keep those gloves up young sir!!

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Good!!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down