The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrien Broner?

+4
KO-KING
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
All Time Great
Raymond
8 posters

Go down

Adrien Broner? Empty Adrien Broner?

Post by Raymond Sun 25 Dec 2011, 11:30 pm

Has anyone seen any of his fights? I saw him in the KO's of 2011 and he has very very fast hands? Anyone one know how good he is defence?

Seen on wikipedia that he is a jr lightweight, and he is only 22, so could have plenty of big fights moving through the weights.

Too me he looks really impressive watching his highlights on youtube.

Anyone know more about him and his potential?

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner? Empty Re: Adrien Broner?

Post by All Time Great Mon 26 Dec 2011, 2:12 am

He's very good defensively in fact, has a similar stance to Floyd Mayweather (I believe he's worked with the Mayweathers in the past). Although, I've seen him in trouble when he gets tied up now and then but overall he has very accomplished defensive skills.

He looked huge at Super Featherweight, can only see this guy going up the weight classes over his next 5-10 fights. It's still far to early to tell but a bout with someone like Ricky Burns would tell us a lot.

I hate to be a hype job, but this kid looks serious.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 26 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

I really like him but he tries too hard to be like mayweather. Despite having a decent shoulder rolls, he gets caught by the right hand a lot more than mayweather does. His hardest test to date was to De Leon and most people thought he got a gift decision. He spoils on the inside and tends to get outworked quite easily.

He has quick hands but is very very wild. He can look sloppy when finishing. a good technical boxer could counter him when he leads of with big hooks and uppercuts. One thing I can say is he has power. When he connects he shakes his opponents and will be useful as he ascends the weight divisions and he faces bigger men to make sure they don't try to walk him down.

He's quite charismatic also like mayweather so will make good viewing in build ups like 24/7 or fightcamp 360

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon 26 Dec 2011, 1:32 pm

quick hands and good technically and has a good defence but has low work rate, tries to copy floyd mayweather too much, could be one for the future.

Likes to brush his hair.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Mon 26 Dec 2011, 3:30 pm

Nothing wrong with trying to copy Floyd though...especially if you can also bang a bit like Broner..but he is still really wild offensively

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 26 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

Broner is very good. He is poised, and has natural timing and balance, very fast hands and reflexes and although not really tested a solid defense. I like him as the next big star from the smaller fighters. He knows how to ham it up for the cameras and is being brought along well, for once. I like him, i like his power and his ability, he also trains hard and is moving up in class with each fight.

He has come in as heavy as 140 and fights around 125 now, so plenty of scope for him. Also, he is only 22 and fighting experienced fighters like De Leon, also, he has an 0 vs 0 fight next and is active, i like this about him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

I like Broner, he's a fair bit cocky but also with good reason.

I think he has very good potential and I think thats a key word, he's already a world level operator and we are still talking about potential, meaning he's most probably going to become an elite level fighter in the future.

He clearly punches extremely hard and is ridiculously huge for the SFW division, the first time I saw him I didn't know what division he was in and actually just assumed he was a Welterweight!

Some people say he throws punches a little wildly, which I sort of agree with, but after rewatching the fights, I don't really think they're particularly wild and I actually think he's in total control and he has such incredible reflexes that I think him being caught by big punchers (Who tend to be slower fighters) isn't going to happen all too often.

He's clearly an extremely good fighter and very young, has a good defense although not as good as he likes to try and show, which could be a bit dangerous, has a bit of a low workrate and admires his punches every now and then but all in all I'd say he's one of the hottest propsects around. Would love to see him step into Lightweight because SFW divsion is completely dead right now.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Thu 29 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

I did an article about him a few months back for Boxrec news and I have to say that he looks a fantastic talent. Potentially a top P4P'er.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down