The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrien Broner

+8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
davidemore
TheMackemMawler
azania
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
KC
BallchinianMuffwig
12 posters

Go down

Adrien Broner Empty Adrien Broner

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 am

Whats everybody's thoughts on him?
Personally I don't ever want to miss another one of his fights, got drawn in when he beat Liaztu (spelling?)
Cheers

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner Empty Re: Adrien Broner

Post by KC Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 am

Looks like he has great potential.

However, rather spoilt his ledger in his last fight when he couldn't even be bothered to make weight then declared it a great victory, he was something like 15lbs heavier than his opponent steam

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 am

He has natural ability. Already drawing some comparisons to Mayweather. However Im not sure about his attitude. Mayweather was talented but despite all the brashness he also was professional and very dedicated. Im not sure if Broner is. He comes across as a bit of a tool. Missed weight massively lat time and was posting pictures of himself with twinkies etc when the fight was pushed through. So far I think his raw ablity and huge size at his weight have helped him alot but when the tests get tougher at higher weights I think it remains to be seen if his attitude to the sport will be dedicated enough. Probably a guy I will tune in and hope he gets beat sort of character for me.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 am

I hope they still try to brush his hair when he's lying spead-eagled on the canvas, the guy is a tool. Great talent though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 am

I dont support the notion that his dedication can be questioned because he didn't make weight. He has outgrown the division and possibly couldn't make the weight. He was a massive SFW and how he made weight previously surprised me.

Having said that he is a massive talent and will be high up in the P4P debate in a couple of years. Probably end up a WW.

But his personality irritates me. I'm all for boxers being larger than life, but he seems to be trying hard to be an "entertainer" and it seems all too contrived. With Floyd (obvious comparison) his brashness seems natural and an extention of his personality. With this guy, I can imagine him staying up all night thinking of what to do next and running with it. A good beating should make him change his mannerisms. An A Grade tool if there ever was one.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:27 am

Agreed, he comes across like a kid trying to be cool; when all he appears is a cringe worthy try hard.

I have a feeling he's a nice lad under all the BS, but spoilt.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 am

"Ballchinian, can you comb my hair?"

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:42 am

Sometimes I find him funny, some of his comebacks are hilarious, but he is trying too hard to be the load guy and it can become overbearing. He wants to be a guy everyone talks about, the pantomime villain, and tbh it has helped his career. This kid gets a lot more attention than others because of his mouth

Attitude aside he is an exceptional talent but has yet to face a top opponent or someone that he can't just walk through but Demarco will be a really good test to see where he is at

I don't think he is anywhere as good as floyd was but no shame in that. He holds a good Philly shell guard and slips punches well but doesn't have the reflexes, hand speed or ability to read what his opponent is going to do.

What he does have though that floyd never really had an abundance of is power and one punch power which will enable him to move up in weight effectively

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 am

Am not his biggest fan, he has a bad attitude but he also isn't as good as he thinks he is. He struggled with Ponce De Leon just before the Litzu fight and Litzu was known for having a china chin.

I think this fight with Demarco will give us a better impression of where he is at.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

I reserve judgemnet until the Demarco fight as have seen very little of him.

I've seen a bit of Demarco who is a solid guy at the weight so this is a stern test and yard stick for his future IMO.

The guy is a plonker though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by OzwaldPrisonGuard Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am

mayweather wannabe, nothing more.

OzwaldPrisonGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 pm

"Ozwald, come one now... can you comb my hair?"

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:20 pm

"Baby, will you comb my hair?"

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Adrien Broner believes he will be too fast for Antonio DeMarco when he challenges for the WBC lightweight title on November 17.

The former WBO super-featherweight champion steps up to 135lb for the first time after failing to make the limit for his last defence against Vicente Escobedo.

It is no easy lightweight debut for 'The Problem' with DeMarco being a notorious 'banger', but Broner - himself racking up 20 of his 24 wins by KO - insists it is speed that kills.

"I'm not coming just to win this fight, I'm coming to knock DeMarco out," he said. "This fight is speed vs power and it's going to be just another day in the ring for me.

"Going up in weight is going to be different and I know he can hit, but you can't hit what you can't see and I'm too fast and furious for him. Power is nothing if you can't connect; it's like moving a sack of rocks."

However, DeMarco is undeterred and is looking forward to meeting the challenge square-on.

"Broner talks a big game but he's never been in the ring with a hungry Mexican fighter like me," he said. "I wanted this fight from the moment it was offered to me because I know I'll be the first person to beat Broner and put him in his place.

"When I put my hands on him, he'll regret his decision to move up to my division."

The winner is on a collision course with Scotland's WBO title holder Ricky Burns, with a unification fight mooted for the spring.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm

davidmore....I'm sorry im just not that kind of girl, got to get to know you better first eh

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm

alma wrote:Would frank warren risk burns v broner?

Burns will move up to heavyweight to avoid him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down