The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

+65
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Biltong
nganboy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Sin é
caoimhincentre
Agnoo1
asoreleftshoulder
flynnnio
valjester
The Great Aukster
slartibartfast
mystiroakey
Smirnoffpriest
geoff998rugby
MMC
RubyGuby
Gibson
Notch
Messymesina
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Ozzy3213
GunsGerms
glamorganalun
gowales
funnyExiledScot
miteyironpaw
RuggerRadge2611
Shane_Williams
Breadvan
Effervescing Elephant
BlueNote
Glas a du
J_D
dogtooth
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
Taffineastbourne
Pal Joey
mankiaow
Casartelli
Cari
Artful_Dodger
Cymroglan
Gatts
SecretFly
Comfort
Thomond
bedfordwelsh
Morgannwg
munkian
eirebilly
Pot Hale
Standulstermen
Feckless Rogue
TycroesOsprey
wales606
rodders
Rory_Gallagher
kiakahaaotearoa
RuckingFlanker86
Knowsit17
ME-109
maestegmafia
69 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Who do you think will be the Winner...???

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_lcap70%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 76 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_lcap28%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 31 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_lcap2%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 109

Poll closed

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Empty Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ireland Six Nations 2012 Squad

15 -Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) Captain
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 -Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
19 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

WALES SQUAD

BACKS

Scrumhalf
Mike PHILLIPS (BAYONNE)
Lloyd WILLIAMS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys WEBB (OSPREYS)

Flyhalf
Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS)
James HOOK (PERPIGNAN)

Centre 3/4s
Jamie ROBERTS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS)
Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS)
Gavin HENSON (CARDIFF BLUES)
Ashley BECK (OSPREYS – Uncapped)

Wing 3/4s
George NORTH (SCARLETS)
Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES)
Alex CUTHBERT (CARDIFF BLUES)
Harry ROBINSON (CARDIFF BLUES)

Fullbacks
Liam WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Uncapped)
Lee BYRNE (ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE)

FORWARDS

Tightheads
Craig MITCHELL (EXETER CHIEFS)
Adam JONES (OSPREYS)

Looseheads
Ryan BEVINGTON (OSPREYS)
Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys GILL (SARACENS)

Adaptable to both sides of the Scrum
Paul JAMES (OSPREYS)
Rhodri JONES (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Hookers
Matthew REES (SCARLETS)
Huw BENNETT (OSPREYS)
Ken OWENS (SCARLETS)

Locks
Bradley DAVIES (BLUES)
Ian EVANS (OSPREYS)
Lou REED (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Back Five Option
Ryan JONES (OSPREYS)

Blindside Flank Forward
Dan LYDIATE (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS)

Openside Flank Forward
Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN)
Justin TIPURIC (OSPREYS)

Number 8s
Toby FALETAU (Dragons)
Andy POWELL (Sale)

Its a month away, just 31 days to the opening game for Wales and Ireland. The excitement of the start of the tournament is as thrilling as it has ever been. I think we are hoping that both sides will show some of the new talent on display in the HEC given their chances at International level. A mix of experience blended in well to temper the exuberance of youth when it is needed.

How do the teams match up historically?

First ever Ireland vs Wales was at Lansdowne Road, Dublin on the 28th of January 1882.

Ireland nil – 2G, 4T Wales
Try: Evans
Bridie
Clapp
Baker Jones

Con: Lewis (2)

The winning result for Wales was their first ever victory in International Rugby. Since then the two Nations have played for the following results.

117 Played 117
47 Wins 64
64 Losses 47
6 Draws 6
164 Tries 201
85 Conversions 98
131 Penalties 126
21 Drop Goals 33
1227 Points 1353
39.66% Success Rate 54.31%

Last meeting was in the Quarter Finals of the RWC 2011. Wales were victorious in a classic encounter. Both nations fielded exceptionally good teams that had done well in their previous pool matches.

The game previous was in the 2011 Six Nations with another win for Wales, controversial due to the try that should not have been allowed scored by Mike Phillips.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 am; edited 12 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:25 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
TycroesOsprey wrote:
I did watch both semifinals of course. Ireland werent in either Whistle

Lol yeah I obviously meant the QF,anyway the main difference I feel will be Sexton at OH instead of RoG,this means we have both a better defender (against Italy in the WC he stopped Castrogiovanni and drove him backwards 5 metres from his own tryline) and attacker at 10,his pace and strength with ball in hand will suck in your backrow and mean you can't just rush up in defence as he is very capable of looping around a rushing defence to create an overlap.If he sorts out his kicking yips for Ireland and I have no reason to think he won't then Sexton is where I see the big difference in what Ireland can bring to the table.
On a related note I think if Priestland is out you will struggle,especially if Hook plays 10 he's a very good centre but I've yet to see him play well at 10 for Wales.

You didn't hear Shaggy (that is Leinster man Shane Horgan) on the subject last night on Off the Ball. When asked about Ireland's attack (or lack of) in the world cup, he said that the best attacking performance by Ireland was against Italy in the world cup. Whistle

None of them had any complaints about the defence.

Yawn,go wum somewhere else I'm not gonna hijack this thread with another RoG v Sexton debate I'll just leave you with the usual question.When was the last time Ireland won a match against a top 8 nation with RoG starting at 10?

I didn't mention Sexton or O'Gara.

You are pontificating about attack and defence and when someone who would have no axe to grind mentions that the best attacking performance of the team was against Italy in the world cup. Ireland just defended in the Australian game, the attack was poor, but the defence was top notch.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 15 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm

I think SOB will show how far along he has come as a 7, and prove to be more than a match for Warburton, and offer more in terms of running. Seriously, I don't understand why people criticise SOB at 7, other than some Leinster fans who want to see Jennings start. SOB has been making so many good turnovers these days. His running isn't just as effective, but that is more to do with him being covered (which happens to any good runner) than him playing 7. He may not be just as good on the ground as Warburton, but I think he is going to surprise some of you.

Also Faletau, Picamoles and Ferris are definitely the in-form backrow players right now IMO. Picked all three in my fantasy team, with Faletau at 7 Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Very nice back row thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:33 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
Gibson wrote:Warburton is a far superior 7 than SOB. No discussion. But Ferris & Heaslip have the other 2.

Grand Master "G" - Enlighten me to what happened to the "other" 2 in the last game? Was it a one off?, a misjudgement by the much vaunted Irish back row 'cos from what I saw Heaslip et al were largely anonomous and in the poor game in Cardiff they were very much the same. I think we all know that individually they are world class players but on the past 2 occasions against Wales they have genuinely been found wanting - What's that all about? RedWine

Well Ruby, he looks like Elmer Fudd... Thats what's been going wrong. A limited game plan against an even more limited Gatland. That hurts.

But, I do believe he will correct it post haste and Wales will feel the benefit on Sunday. zen

Sexton will run this game Like he runs and bosses all around him in the HC. Wales will be sent home, licking their wounds and disillusioned. Do not adjust your Welsh mindsets. Normal service will be resumed.
Hir amser hir i chi fy ffrind. guinness

Man I LOVE this time of year.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:33 pm

DOD wrote:
When did Ireland last win a Grand Slam with ROG starting at 10? When did Ireland last beat South Africa with ROG at 10. When did Hayleys comet last come around when ROG was at 10?

Lol so you won't answer the question either,standard practice.

I see you ran away from the Wolfhounds thread when it was pointed out to you that both Kearney and Archer are behind NIQ players for their provinces what's up with that are you scared to admit you were caught out talking rubbish.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:34 pm

The Irish provinces are better run, are better coached, have more numerous and passionate supporters, more team spirit and just have more team cohesion. All those advantages are lost in international rugby. In fact the reverse is true. Wales have a better coach. The Irish team often have no cohesive style, sometimes seems confused, and their morale can be fragile.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Gibson btw, you pointed out that all the RWC semi finalist teams had a proper 7. Eh what about France, where their backrow completely dominated NZs? No natural 7 playing for them.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:The Irish provinces are better run, are better coached, have more numerous and passionate supporters, more team spirit and just have more team cohesion. All those advantages are lost in international rugby. In fact the reverse is true. Wales have a better coach. The Irish team often have no cohesive style, sometimes seems confused, and their morale can be fragile.

Completely agree, plus the provinces have history and are ACTUAL regions - not the seemingly randomly drawn up 'regions' that Wales have. No wonder the Irish players play with heart and pride for them. But the Welsh Internationals go all out for the national team and when they do it shows.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
DOD wrote:
When did Ireland last win a Grand Slam with ROG starting at 10? When did Ireland last beat South Africa with ROG at 10. When did Hayleys comet last come around when ROG was at 10?

I see you ran away from the Wolfhounds thread when it was pointed out to you that both Kearney and Archer are behind NIQ players for their provinces what's up with that are you scared to admit you were caught out talking rubbish.

If ROG got the start all the games (mainly at home) I'd be pretty sure he'd have won more than Sexton. And lets not forget, ROG saved Sexton's bacon a few times against nations outside the Top 8.

Poor Tommy Bowe has hardly scored a try since Sexton has come on the scene (you can hardly count his breakout of 2 against the US).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Sin é wrote:

I didn't mention Sexton or O'Gara.

You are pontificating about attack and defence and when someone who would have no axe to grind mentions that the best attacking performance of the team was against Italy in the world cup. Ireland just defended in the Australian game, the attack was poor, but the defence was top notch.

Come to your own conclusions instead of hiding behind quotes from famous players.Your reference to the Italy game is obviously designed to bring up Sexton v RoG.

Also yes the best attacking performance was against Italy,a team outside the top 10 in the world and who had just a 5 day turn around from their previous game.We should be beating Italy like that every time in a neutral venue without it even causing comment.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Gibson btw, you pointed out that all the RWC semi finalist teams had a proper 7. Eh what about France, where their backrow completely dominated NZs? No natural 7 playing for them.

"what is the main cause of divorce"

"marriage"

This is what I call Rory logic thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm

That's why they nearly lost Rory. McCaw was injured and not as effective. .

Oz had Pocock. We beat them because he was out. Lets not fool ourselves here and I think we did after beating Oz. Went up against Wales and got our arses handed to us.

And France have Dussatoir. Hes a 6,7 and 8 rolled into one. Best backrow on the Planet. Yes, better than McCaw imo.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Sin é wrote:

If ROG got the start all the games (mainly at home) I'd be pretty sure he'd have won more than Sexton. And lets not forget, ROG saved Sexton's bacon a few times against nations outside the Top 8.

Poor Tommy Bowe has hardly scored a try since Sexton has come on the scene (you can hardly count his breakout of 2 against the US).

I'm pretty sure if RoG got to start all the games we would have done worse than we have and would never have beaten Oz in the WC.

How often has he done that,are you referring to the match against Italy where we were ahead and winning comfortably when Sexton went off then Leamy got a card and we conceded a try with RoG on the pitch.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Gibson wrote:That's why they nearly lost Rory. McCaw was out. Next.

Oz had Pocock. We beat them because he was out. Lets not fool ourselves here and I think we did after beating Oz. Went up against Wales and got our arses handed to us.

And France have Dussatoir. Hes a 6,7 and 8 rolled into one. Best backrow on the Planet. Yes, better than McCaw imo.

You haven't got a proper tight head either so I wouldn't worry about it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Aaagh can't believe I let the wum drag me into that argument again,sorry everyone I won't engage him anymore.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm

You love this time of year Mr "G" as it gets you ticking like nothing else - The relaxed chilled out middle aged men go mad for 5 weeks arguing, cussing and getting sullen because of what's burning through their veins and driving their minds to the verge of insanity at the thought of defeat - Boy did Bill Shankly get a few things right RedWine Have another drink, you'll need it after Sunday Wink

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm

He's not a WUM, he's just very, very, very, earnest.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Mike Ross is a proper tighthead. It's just that we don't have any others. If he gets injured we're done for.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Glas a du wrote:

I corrrected my statement since you posted that Glas... Phew! Carter was out, that really left NZ vunerable. I mean PJHolybloke's look-a-like, won the WC with a kick, but... he doesnt look too good at Bath.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:53 pm

See this is why the Irish team doesnt perform as well as the provinces - all the in-fighting boxing Leprechaun censored
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:Mike Ross is a proper tighthead. It's just that we don't have any others. If he gets injured we're done for.

That is the understatement of the year, Feckless. Its scary actually. We are phhoked.com if he gets injured.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I'm pretty sure if RoG got to start all the games we would have done worse than we have and would never have beaten Oz in the WC.

How often has he done that,are you referring to the match against Italy where we were ahead and winning comfortably when Sexton went off then Leamy got a card and we conceded a try with RoG on the pitch.

I think Shaggy was referring to the match against Italy in the world cup that ROG started - Ireland won 36-6 or something like that. Surely as an expert on Ireland's attacking play you would have remembered that - or is it just a case of ROG Bad, Sexton Good. Well, Shaggy (and not just DOD or I) is saying ROG good in this instance.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm

munkian wrote:See this is why the Irish team doesnt perform as well as the provinces - all the in-fighting boxing Leprechaun censored

That was truer than you think Munk. For yonks. It's got a lot better. It's just ROG now. Get rid of moany bollix, get Madigan in and this team can move on up.

He will be presented with a big rattle and matching Pram, after the 6-N.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Which one is moany bollix - ROG or POC ? Wink
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Calm down people, I don't believe anyone on this particular thread is a serious wum, just victims of the age-old dilemma of disagreement on how things are. No need to get carried away, I respect that the Welsh have their own sphere of thinking for the sole reason that we're supporting Wales. Likewise for the Irish sphere, even if it is liable to a nasty puncture and resulting implosion/deflation come Sunday Very Happy

The fact is both these sides are close on current form, so close that both sets of fans have licence for optimism and permission to allow their hearts to run free just that extra bit...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Gibson wrote:
Glas a du wrote:

I corrrected my statement since you posted that Glas... Phew! Carter was out, that really left NZ vunerable. I mean PJHolybloke's look-a-like, won the WC with a kick, but... he doesnt look too good at Bath.

Gibbo, off topic. Barry Murphy & Felix Jones's band (Hermitage Green) have a song out in your honour. Imagine that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzIbyatfoGE
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Doesn't Paddy Wallace go there if Ross gets injured?

It's covered, don't worry about it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:01 pm

munkian wrote:Which one is moany bollix - ROG or POC ? Wink

Ah now Paulie is Sacred. We all love Paulie. I dont think Wales will after Sunday though. He is KEY. If you dont stop him bullying your lads at the lineout and in the loose. Its game over.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Sin é wrote:
I think Shaggy was referring to the match against Italy in the world cup that ROG started - Ireland won 36-6 or something like that. Surely as an expert on Ireland's attacking play you would have remembered that - or is it just a case of ROG Bad, Sexton Good. Well, Shaggy (and not just DOD or I) is saying ROG good in this instance.

Okay I said I wouldn't reply but when you deliberately misrepresent what I'm talking about I have to set you straight.You said RoG had saved Sextons bacon against teams outside the top 8,I asked if that was the match you were referring to I wasn't talking about Horgans comments I was talking about yours.Do you want me to write in bigger letters so you can understand?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Gibson wrote:

Ah now Paulie is Sacred. We all love Paulie. I dont think Wales will after Sunday though. He is KEY. If you dont stop him bullying your lads at the lineout and in the loose. Its game over.

Bread of Seven didn't do a bad job last time out, joined a relatively exclusive club of players who have turned POC over in a top-level encounter. Interesting eh? Skipper on skipper-to-be back then. Could the younger generation triumph again in out-leading the old warhorse? Can't wait to find out, simply have to admit Yahoo

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Sin é wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Glas a du wrote:

Gibbo, off topic. Barry Murphy & Felix Jones's band (Hermitage Green) have a song out in your honour. Imagine that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzIbyatfoGE

Laugh clap
They are BRILLIANT Sin! Got to see them in a Pub. Phhok me, not only did we lose a WC FB, we lost a Top musician to Munster. Love Felix Jones. In manly, rugby way like.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

Have you lads seen the Scotland team...?

Poor scots fans not a good side..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

Gibson wrote:

Ok, i will bite Gibbo. Why exactly is ROG a moany bollix?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Okay I said I wouldn't reply but when you deliberately misrepresent what I'm talking about I have to set you straight.You said RoG had saved Sextons bacon against teams outside the top 8,I asked if that was the match you were referring to I wasn't talking about Horgans comments I was talking about yours.Do you want me to write in bigger letters so you can understand?

Well, he saved his bacon against England in Twickers 2 years ago. And he certainly had a positive impact at keeping Australia at bay in the world cup. (ROG came on at 50 mins). You bang on about ROG losing away to France, what about Ireland losing to Scotland - something that hasn't happened in 10 years. ROG wasn't on long enough to save his bacon that time.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 pm

We have a big bad Bradley Davies and the giant Ian Evans.

It was Jamie Roberts that was bullying YOUR forwards last game I think - poor old DOC Doh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:15 pm

SecretFly wrote:Doesn't Paddy Wallace go there if Ross gets injured?

It's covered, don't worry about it.

De baul Paddy W. will hold up. He'll bleed so much, they'll stop abusing him in the scrum. The Welsh are good like that. A very compassionate Race. Until they face the English.

Maent yn llenwi ac yna'i bastardiaid llwyr! Nice.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:20 pm

I never mentioned RoG losing away to France but now that you mention it.

How did RoG save Sextons bacon against England,as I remember it Bowe got the winning score with no contribution from RoG bar a decent penalty for the lineout hardly an earth shattering intervention,you really do see a different game from the rest of the world.

Also against Oz RoG came on and did well but Sexton stayed on and continued to do well as for the full game (his kicking from hand was a high point and totally outshone RoG all tournament,it was just from the tee he was poor)

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Great song Sin é. Barry would have been Bod's replacement. It's going to be a good games and this board will explode no matter who wins.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Sin é wrote:

Well, he saved his bacon against England in Twickers 2 years ago. And he certainly had a positive impact at keeping Australia at bay in the world cup. (ROG came on at 50 mins). You bang on about ROG losing away to France, what about Ireland losing to Scotland - something that hasn't happened in 10 years. ROG wasn't on long enough to save his bacon that time.

Oh yes and England or Oz aren't outside the top 8 in the world so please enlighten me as to what match you were referring to or will you scuttle off and hide like DOD does whenever he can't answer a straight question.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:29 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Gibson wrote:

Ok, i will bite Gibbo. Why exactly is ROG a moany bollix?

Are you having a laugh Billy or wot?

Ask David Humphreys. Ask EOS. And now - ask Deccie. Do you remember that after-game speech in the RWC? It was a self-serving disgrace to his team. If an English or Welsh guy did that, we'd say... typical.

He's a great player but a spoiled brat when he doesnt get his way. Always has been always will be.

I normally love the way he talks straight after a game. He shoots from the hip. BUT, he should try not being too me, me, me. And exclude his own self-importance from it. He was playing head-games and saying thats it for me.Im not playing anymore In the middle of RWC?

Paulie wouldnt do it. BOD wouldnt do it. And Sexton wouldnt do it. That's why he would never have made a decent Captain. I thought everyone knew that. Even the most ardent Munster fan.

But Deccie knows him and he got away with it. Id have said, Fair enuf ROG phhoke off then. And thanks. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:I never mentioned RoG losing away to France but now that you mention it.

How did RoG save Sextons bacon against England,as I remember it Bowe got the winning score with no contribution from RoG bar a decent penalty for the lineout hardly an earth shattering intervention,you really do see a different game from the rest of the world.

Also against Oz RoG came on and did well but Sexton stayed on and continued to do well as for the full game (his kicking from hand was a high point and totally outshone RoG all tournament,it was just from the tee he was poor)

England were living in Ireland 22 when he came on. Same with Australia. He kept them back.

You are the one moaning about ROG not winning against Top 8 countries - well, he has only started half the number of games as Sexton, so the chances are that he won't win as many. Then ROG gets to start all the tricky away games like in France (x 2 of those 6 starts that he has had).

Then of course there is O'Gara's match winning percentage being far better than Sextons. (O'Gara 60%, Sexton 50%). Sexton has never even started an away game against France.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:35 pm

ROG was never a captain. Most would agree with you Gibbo. He never seemd like the guy to help nurture the young guys or to encourage a guy after making a msitake. Keatley could either thrive on not being tutored by ROG as it could spur him on to greater things or he could stagnate. I suppose Bret Favre not wanting to leave Green Bay and doing little to help Aaron Rodgers springs to mind.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh phhoke. Its turning into a ROG v Sexton thread again. Man. Look, this is ROG's last year roysh. Let him have his way - in his own mind. From the bench mind. Im glad he's there to save Sextons arse from becoming the best Standoff in the World. SO glad, SO thankful. But I hope he's gone by next year. It would be best for all concerned, if us Leinster lot could argue about Sexton and Madigan amongst ourselves. Doncha think?

Tanks for your understanding...

Now where where we? Oh Wales? Sure we always beat them. Last 2 games... one was cheating and the 2nd was over-confidence, because we are a far better team than them. This time? Well Id say a 20 point spread for us. NOT a WUM. It will happen.

This place will be thread-bare.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

I think that you are being a little harsh on ROG Gibbo. This is coming from a Munster man who thinks that its time he stopped playing for Ireland as well Very Happy

***** Waiting for red_stag********
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
DOD wrote:

Not at all asls I had already forgotten it....but seeing as you are getting yourself whooped again I will point out that I also said it was probably the case that Marshall was not good enough. D Kearney is clearly very good. And Archer is one of the few options we have as prop. But it is the case that as long as Marshall is behind Pienaar he wont get into the Ireland set up. If he does it will require TOL, Murray, Boss and Redden all to be in the same plane crash.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Sin é wrote:
You are the one moaning about ROG not winning against Top 8 countries - well, he has only started half the number of games as Sexton, so the chances are that he won't win as many.

Won't win as many?How about won't win any,thats right none,zero,zip,zilch,nada not a sausage.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:43 pm

DOD wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
DOD wrote:

Not at all asls I had already forgotten it....but seeing as you are getting yourself whooped again I will point out that I also said it was probably the case that Marshall was not good enough. D Kearney is clearly very good. And Archer is one of the few options we have as prop. But it is the case that as long as Marshall is behind Pienaar he wont get into the Ireland set up. If he does it will require TOL, Murray, Boss and Redden all to be in the same plane crash.

You had forgotten it after making numerous posts defending your point and being told you were wrong over and over again,then as soon as you the flaw in your argument was pointed out you forgot all this.How very convenient

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Anyone who thinks ROG should start for Ireland is as their meabhair. It's Sexto time for Ireland with a good bit of Chilli,Earlsy and Bowe thrown in.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Gibson have you taken up tabloid journalism reading something into what ROG said which is clearly untrue.

asls - facts are facts...but then again you and reality are clearly divorced. You dont seem to have learned your lesson in terms of having poorly thought out opinions and then getting whooped each time when the facts are put to you. A sorry case...but keep it up and if you do feel that you got one over on me then "well done you". It is still the case that Marshall wont get in and the reason is because of the NIQ (and four other SHs).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Thomond wrote:Great song Sin é. Barry would have been Bod's replacement. It's going to be a good games and this board will explode no matter who wins.

WE are going to win T. No doubt about it. Its best to be honest with the Welsh. You get more respect for it. The English lied to em for years. Until they realised what happened.

Took their water, took their coal, took their Gold, took their gorgeous wimmin and their men fought and died for the English Army. Then, they phhoked off and left them eternally angry and frustrated.

They love us so we're cool. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next