The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations: James Hook could miss Wales training camp

Go down

Six Nations: James Hook could miss Wales training camp Empty Six Nations: James Hook could miss Wales training camp

Post by Huwball Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:18 am

Well, it seems like the fears of the money grabbers not being available may be coming to fruition...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/16436340.stm

It seems that Mr Hook feels that his club is more important to him than his country!

As an Osprey fan Sorry I don't have much respect for him as he didn't show much for the region and it's fans. I know some will bang on about professional era and short careers etc , but please they earn a fortune - far more than most people.

Do people think that Gatland should stick to his guns about if you can't train, then you won't be picked?

I personally would not pick any of them as they are playing purely for the money in France, so let them stay there and play. I realise that we may be cutting off our noses to spite our face, but we should show (particularly the youngsters) that if you leave Wales to ply your trade, you will be dropped. We may well get mullered in the short term, but we would develop a stronger localised team for the future.

With the potential that many players (from all regions) are in the sights of rich teams, I personally think that we should make our stand now like the English have said they are going to do notworthy . If we make exceptions, then in the long run we are just going to be opening the floodgates.

Opinions?

Huwball

Back to top Go down