The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Vs England

+17
Scot Abroad
TycroesOsprey
NeilyBroon
miteyironpaw
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
beshocked
funnyExiledScot
Equo Troiano
DaveM
Biltong
Geordie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
munkian
mckay1402
aucklandlaurie
EngInAuck
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotland Vs England  - Page 2 Empty Scotland Vs England

Post by EngInAuck Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

I Dont know about anyone else but Ive never looked forward to a England Scotland Game as much as i am at the moment.

In Recent years i would expect nothing more than a win from the England side. Partly because im english and have always felt England have had the stronger team. But this year is different. England Have a very youthful and inexperienced side with plenty of promising fresh faces were as Scotland Basically has the same experienced squad it took to the world cup minus a couple of players (Paterson and Heinz).

And of course another factor you cant ignore is Murrayfield. Hopefully the scots will manage to fill the stadium so the atmosphere will be electric. Murrayfield has not been a happy hunting ground for the majority of teams (with the exception of the ABs). Scotland has managed to beat far superior looking teams on paper in the past few years Oz and Sa spring to mind. Also if being knocked out of the world cup in the group stages by your southern neighbour doesn't raise your game im not sure what will!

As always england have injuries coming into the tournament with most notably Flood and Manu set to miss the first match but saying that a fly half and centre partner ship of Hodgson, Farrell and Barritt is almost mouth watering and is a proven success at Premiership level. And the inclusion of Ben Morgan and Chris Robshaw in the replacement of Moody and Easter is just as exciting. Seeing as Ive Mentioned England's injury woes its only fair the i mention that Scotland are missing a Prop by the name of Moray Low, im not sur how much this has effected Scotland's plans.

Im Geussing the England team will look something like this:

1.Cole
2.Hartly
3.Stevens
4.Palmer
5.Botha/Lawes(injury pending)
6.Croft
7.Wood (C)
8.Morgan
9.Youngs
10.Hodgson
11.Sharples
12.Farrell
13.Barritt
14.Ashton
15.Foden

I do not know enough about the Scottish team but im sure Someone will Probably post one.

I Dont know about every one else but im really looking forward to Feb 5th at 6 oclock in the morn (Thats Feb 4th at 17:00 for you guys in Blighty) it should prove to be a exciting Close game and one which will set the tones for both Nations in the run up to the 2015 RWC.

rose Vs Braveheart = Drool

EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Scotland Vs England  - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland Vs England

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 12 Jan 2012, 2:14 pm

Alex_Germany wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:

What people I feel overlook about England at the moment is the unpredictability factor. It's risky for us, but also dangerous for the opposition coaching team and players. Who knows who's going to turn up, how they're going to play, how much freedom they'll have and how they'll work with new combinations. That, at the present moment is one of England's great strengths. AR particularly is an excellent student of the opposition, and picks weak points to target, here (particularly with Flood out) where does he start other than with broad generalities?!

Quite often you get an individual in one of his early matches who suddenly makes everyone sit up and notice. Remember the first caps for Jonny Wilkinson, Josh Lewsey, Danny Cipriani, Chris Ashton, Manu Tuilagi? MOTM performances on their debut or shortly afterwards. But now were're going to have half a dozen of these.

Worth watching whatever.

Well Cipriani got charged down on his first cap and the one game he did genuinely play well in for England Jamie flipping Noon was MOTM. But that aside you have a fair point.

Certainly I agree that it will be very hard for as team form detailed plans when they are still guessing who will line up for England and only last years Saxons games to judge the way they are likely to play on. It could well be the case that England catch Scotland on the hop a bit by being a very different team to the one that played them at the WC.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

The more I think about it the more I hope it's Trinder at OC with Barritt or Farrell inside him and the other on the bench. You need pace at OC.

Add in at least Attwood to the second row and we've got a good chance.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

The more I think about it the more I hope it's Trinder at OC with Barritt or Farrell inside him

Wrong thread dude, infact, possibly wrong forum alltogether Laugh

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

Regarding the backrow, I think Dowson at 8 would be the better option for this game. Against Scotland I see the breakdown battle being more critical than weighty carrying, and if Wood is injured, Dowson's ability in that regard will be needed all the more. On top of that, with a new flanking partnership looking to find it's feet and balance their involvement at each phase, I think Dowson's extra years and leadership will prove invaluable.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2