The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March

3 posters

Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March Empty Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March

Post by Solerina Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:41 am

Gold Cup Day tomorrow : )

Will post my picks later.......I think I'm having Neptune Collonges for the big race Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March

Post by Solerina Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 am

My Friday picks are -

1.30 Zarkhander

2.05 Soldatino

2.40 Court In Motion

3.20 Neptune Collonges

4.00 Baby Run

4.40 Qaspal

5.15 Shoreacres

Good luck everyone Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival Day Four - Friday 18th March

Post by racingnut Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:05 am

"Once more unto the breach dear friends" and all that.
Gold Cup day looms and hopefully a little of the wet stuff from above as the ground looked to be drying out very quickly today.
Heres the fourth and final "seven to avoid"

1.30 Zarkander
2.05 Blackstairmountain
2.40 Allee Garde
3.20 Long Run
4.00 Jaunty Flight
4.40 Rose of the Moon
5.15 Shoreacres

Be lucky,be good,be careful and if you cant be either then buy a pram censored

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 am

racingnut wrote:

Be lucky,be good,be careful and if you cant be either then buy a pram censored

Lol.

I see we agree on Zarkhanda and Shoreacres Very Happy .....I'm particularly keen on Shoreacres, in the last.

I think the Gold Cup is very open......I seriously think Neptune has an excellent chance, after seeing how he galloped and jumped his way to victory with AP a while back at Cheltenham.

I wish AP was riding Neptune tomorrow......I'd be even keener on his chances if he were ........but Choc will have to do lol.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow racingnut : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm

ok here are my Gold Cup day tips
it looks a great days racing BUT very competitive!!!

1.30 Zarkandar
2.05 Ski Sunday - my E/W bet of the week
2.40 Bobs Worth
3.20 Long Run
Midnight Chase E/W
4.00 Baby Run
4.40 Hollins - I havent a clue in this race
5.15 Tanks for That

see u on here later Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 am

steveo77 wrote:

see u on here later Very Happy

Hi steveo I'm here now.....I'll bump the chat thread up Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:44 am

Today's Festival winners were -

1.30 Zarkandar 13-2

2.05 Final Approach 10-1

2.40 Bobs Worth 15-8 F

3.20 Long Run 7-2 F

4.00 Zemsky 33-1

4.40 Sir Des Champs 9-2 F

5.15 Oiseau de Nuit 40-1

Racingnut picked 3 winners and steveo picked 2, on this thread, so well done to them : ), I only managed one.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 am

The pinnacle of the week and it provided a thundering renewal of Chasings Blue Riband and some cracking support races.Long Run proved himself a chaser of very high calibre in plundering this to add to his King George crown,he has his own way of getting from one side to the other and the jockey can at times look a bit disorganised but once he levelled up for home there was only going to be one winner.Denman and Kauto ran screamers and lost no caste in defeat but its the young upstarts turn and its a brave man to say he wont defend it next year.Betfred offered 6s straight after the race for him to win again.What a Friend and Pandorama caught the eye of the rest and the former heads to Ayr for the Scottish National,he'll have a lump of weight on his back and the headgear might not work a second time but he ran the race of his life.The latter will probably go to Punchestown,he remains the best of the Irish staying brigade.
The Triumph isnt my favourite of races,it can ruin a horses career even before its got off the ground but the winner,Zarkandar might be a nice prospect for next year but its the fourth,Sam Winner who interests me,never travelled at all and at one point you'd have forgiven Ruby if he'd pulled up but he flew home from the second last.Another year on his back,softer ground and a longer trip will see this fellow in a very good light.
The County was its usual ultra competitive self and there was plenty in with a chance at the last,great finish with Ruby just denying AP and Get me Out of Here(best fiddled with horse in training?).One that caught my eye was Blackstairmountain,came from plum last with three to jump to finish about 6th or 7th.
Bobs Worth was all the rage for the Albert Bartlett and to be honest if you played him you never had a moments worry,travelled and jumped like an old hand and put the race to bed with a little change of gear at the last.He looks a nice novice chasing prospect for next season.
Didnt see the rest of the races so cant pass comment other than i hope you all backed the last winner Wink

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:18 am

racingnut wrote:Long Run proved himself a chaser of very high calibre in plundering this to add to his King George crown,he has his own way of getting from one side to the other and the jockey can at times look a bit disorganised but once he levelled up for home there was only going to be one winner.Denman and Kauto ran screamers and lost no caste in defeat but its the young upstarts turn and its a brave man to say he wont defend it next year.

Yes racingnut........it looks like Long Run could be the next big superstar in racing,and as long as he stays sound, and continues to enjoy his job, I can see him winning the next two or three Gold Cups.

Like you say, Denman and Kauto lost nothing in defeat, but they both had to make way yesterday for the new kid on the block.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down