The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+7
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 4 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue 17 Jan - 22:05

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Fri 27 Jan - 13:21

Luke Watson back playing super rugby as of 2013

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2012/rugby/story/158300.html
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan - 13:29

Must admit when i see Lindsay on your team sheet i think he will struggle when he comes on. Seen him play ok once in about 10-12 i have seen him. bascis been all over the place.

Strong carrier though.

good point Steven. Fourie is an out and out 7 he was sensational last year in the prem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 13:47

Lindsay is always solid when he comes on, throw can be erratic but better than last season. He should be able to get past Webber soon I reckon, he's not great.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 27 Jan - 14:20

Fourie would of been in the squad on last years form.
The best out an out 7 option.

still gutted irish missed out on him cos booth f ucked up.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 Jan - 14:27

Fourie seems happy at Sale. I suspect he would have chosen here anyway.

got Myall and Burrell from Leeds as well as Mathie as a Saffer. Also been based in the north most of his time in England I think.

Looking forward to having us back.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 27 Jan - 14:30

Pooly, Lindsay is about to become 3rd choice at Wasps, he's a good carrier, but so is Webber who has had a load of plaudits this season because of his performance and leadership. As a Wasps fan I'd always want Webber to play - considering they are the same age I'd say Webber is far more developed and I can't see Lindsay being first choice for a long time, if at all. The youngster they signed from Newcastle a while back has looked a better prospect. Would be different if Lindsay was 20/21 but he isnt. If you watch Webber in more than the Sky games you realise what a good player he actually is.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 14:38

As I've said before on numerous occasions Lindsay is a year younger than Webber.

Lindsay - 8/11/1987
Webber - 01/08/1986

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 27 Jan - 14:41

before Sale were interested Steve he almost signed for us. the problem was because we 'tapped him up' before we could legally talk to him, Leeds refused to do business with us.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 15:03

Daley's try was tasty at weekend, Lindsay's was pretty good too, he has some gas for a big lad.

Interesting debate about the need for a 7. Odd they show Saull doing a lot of breakdown work but I've never seen him get much joy in this area in the AP. Sanderson thinking that Saull can challange the Pococks/McCaws is the funniest thing I've heard on Rugby Club.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 27 Jan - 15:07

I agree Pooly.
Just never seen it with Saull.
Wonder if Armitage was still in England where he would be in the pecking order?
Havent seen much of him in Toulon but Driver said he was playing immense.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan - 15:30

I am a big saull fan and always have. he is good at the break down and a cut above at linking and on attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 15:34

He is a very good linking player, great engine but not good on the deck really. Sanderson was making it out that he was like Pocock, truely baffling.

They were saying how a 7 is primarily a defensive player then do a piece on Saull who misses half the tackles he makes!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 27 Jan - 15:41

Agree hes a very good linking player one of the best in the AP but never rated him as a ground hog and as Pooly says he does miss the odd tackle! Dont see him as the solution for England going forward. Started with great promise but has most definately fizzled out over the last year or two

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 27 Jan - 16:04

Saull who misses half the tackles he makes!

Might want to reword that Pooly lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 16:06

Attempts might have been a better word lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan - 16:20

Look how many of those tackles are shot to nothing ones due to pace chasing ball etc. don't see him miss front on tackles. Stats are easily manipulated and recorded. Tom wood had zero clean breaks yet I have seen him make several etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan - 16:31

Also lots of subs appearances don't help takes a while to pick up tempo

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 Jan - 16:34

Saull at his best is a very good player. Not at his best often enough though. Way down the order for me with EQ Opensides as we stand. Needs a run of form desperately.

For the 7 shirt he is behind Wood, Robshaw, Fourie, Armitage and Seymour and even perhaps the likes of Gibson, Wallace, Mercer, Abbott etc who all look like they could be top players.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan - 16:47

Robshaw is not a 7, and is definitely not an international one. I would take Saull in the England 7 shirt ahead of him every time.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 Jan - 16:48

Do we have our 6N players availible on the weekends when the 6N take a break?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 16:50

Agree Robshaw is not a 7 but he's twice the flanker Saull is currently. I'd have Saull nowhere near an England jersey.

I doubt Robshaw will play out an out 7, they'll prob play right/left until Wood comes back. Cn't wait to see Wood & Robshaw line up

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan - 16:58

Have seen some pictures from the open training session they had today, and from how they were lining up at times I would not be surprised to see Robshaw at 8.

Narraway was also carried from the field by medical staff having injured his leg.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 16:59

I really hope Robshaw doesn't play 8, I just can't see any logic in it at all.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jan - 17:02

I'd play Morgan at 8, but I can see Lancaster going 6. Croft 7. Clark 8. Robshaw with either Dowson or Morgan on the bench.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 Jan - 17:04

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was Morgan if Robshaw was selected ahead of me. Robshaw looked ok at 8 for Quins but he's no Int 8 by a very long way.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 27 Jan - 17:53

Steven_Sharks wrote:Do we have our 6N players availible on the weekends when the 6N take a break?

yeah we do Steven, as long as they arent in the match day 22 its fine as they get released back to their clubs.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 Jan - 9:48

Can anyone recommend any good props around? Wanting to get some good ones in to improve my front row!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 9:55

In or out of the game????

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan - 10:04

Dibaty and attoub are 2 good ones available

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 Jan - 10:04

Probably out I think

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 10:10

As Matt, also Ric. Can't generally go wrong with Georgian, French or Arg

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 10:15

Is that Debaty Matt? Don't think hes that great tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 Jan - 10:17

Debaty should see some action in the 6N. He's the Loosehead isn't he?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 Jan - 10:36

Gopperth at 15 for Newcastle on Sunday. Wonder if thats a long term plan for Gold.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan - 10:47

The montpelier prop is good also. Debaty always plays well when I see him. Great carrier as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 10:53

Random call Debaty imo, has took some hidings this season

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan - 10:57

To be fair I have seen him about 4 times this season and he has gone well. Was excellent when he came on against ulster.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 Jan - 11:45

With props can it be largely said that they can all struggle against different sorts of players, techniques etc. So one week they look top class but the next they can get done over by someone who is not international class?

Should be a good game wth the Saxons and Wolfhounds - sure we lost last time we played them

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 18:24

Excellent set piece, dire at the breakdown, really poor. Spencer very good, May flakey. Get May on the ball!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 Jan - 19:16

Was very impressed with Robson, thought he had a very good game - think Garvey is a certain England international, can't see why they took him off. With him Lawes, Attwood and Launchbury I think our second row combinations are very rosy come 2015. Liked Saull too, didnt realise how fast he was.

A lot of our problems seemed to stem from Twelvetrees today, his passing wasnt very good and it stopped a lot of our flow going out wide. Should have started May too as I dont think any of the starting back three is the future of English rugby.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 19:30

Matt won't like this but I thought Saull was terrible. The chase aside (he's fast!) he offered nothing. Got pushed off in the tackle numerous times, dropped in contact numerous times and was basically poor. His ground work is dire for England's apparent saviour at OS(Barnes talks tripe)

We were blown away at the breakdown but as we always do at this level, dominated set piece ball. Garvey looked a class act in the pack and decision to take him off was crazy.

Front row impressed but I'd expect them too against the opposition. Robson was excellent in lineout as I expected but is so underpowered around the park.

Positives - set piece, Garvey, Spencer, Gray

Negatives - nothing behind scrum as normal, breakdown work was shocking

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Sat 28 Jan - 19:42

I agree with Pooly, Saull was poor and is far from our saviour at OS. I don't think he's physical enough, doesn't hit the breakdown hard and doesn't offer much in the contact area with ball in hand and in the tackle.

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 19:51

Gutted May didn't get more time, think he touched it once. Twelvetrees wasn't great either, not as bad as Spence though he had a shocker.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 Jan - 19:59

Trouble is the Irish got away with murder at the breakdown again - think England have to change their style completely here and just put their hands on the ball, stay on their feet and wait until the ref tells us to get our hands off the ball.

Also was amazed at how little the Irish were pinged for making no attempt to get away from the player they tackled - just laid on the wrong side continuously. We did very well slowing down their ball (Robson and Saull did best work), just didnt get any turnovers.

Thing with Saull is that he is still young and it wasnt until McCaw was in his mid twenties that he developed a better, more physical carrying game. I dont think he's got that special something for international rugby, but feel the same about Robshaw and Dowson (hopefully will get proved wrong about Robshaw).

Honestly think that Fourie is our best no7, but am certain that Rees will come back strong next season as I think if he does then he could be the solution if he stays injury free until 2015 WC (he'd only just ahve turned 30!). Big question is if he stays fit!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 20:05

Saull(23) is only 2 years younger than Robshaw, Saull will never develop like McCaw has. He's poor in the tackle, poor on the deck and doesn't carry. All I can see in the lad is he's an excellent kick/chaser. Very unimpressed tbh, perhaps the rugby club bigging up done him no favours.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 28 Jan - 20:38

Just finished watching the game. Plus for Engand was the set piece, Garvey and Spencer. Great performance for both lads and they looked ready for internationals to be honest. Dominated the set piece. PDJ had a very good game. Was very good in the loose. Not impressed with Saul didnt do an awful lot to be honest and was beasted at the breakdown he definately isnt the saviour. Robson looks very weak in contact very similar to Borthwik on that performance and the backs play was very very limited. 36 didnt do much at all.

Todays game just showed how important Mike Ross is to Ireland. They havent got much depth at Th at all. Spence wasnt fantatstic but he isnt a 12. Keatley made a few good breaks but so incosistent. Good points were the backrow dominance O'Malley and Kearney. Kearney was probably the best player on the pitch great performance and O'Malley has really upped the stakes on his defence some great hits there.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 20:48

We should swap props for flankers with Ireland I reckon...David Wilson for Ferris perhaps??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 28 Jan - 20:53

Laugh
Wouldnt mind young Ruddock. Played very well tonight

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 Jan - 20:56

Pooly have you seen Joe Robisnson for Falcons?

He's a brute could probley bench a car! The man is a machine and unreal on the deck aswell!

Long time solution right there

http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/joe-robinson-hotshots/
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jan - 20:58

Isn't Ruddock English anyway?!?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next