The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+7
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 14 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 14 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 14 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 14 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 am

33 down after 70. Bit embarrassing but not necessarily suprised.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 14 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 am

Chaps how do you stop getting email notifications on topics you are watching i have been to my profile and deleted all topics i am watching yet it still happens. i stoppped it on others ages ago but cannot do it for the main page and have forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 am

Mat you should go down to bottom right where it says the page numbers and under there it should say 'stop wathcing this topic'

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 am

Profile and prefrences stop the e-mails matt , if you click stop watching the pages you commented on won't appear in your myposts section.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Squads are generally larger in real life and less Ints than we have.

If there was a world cup next season teams would struggle to get a match day out.

I understand your sentiments but such a change should have a vote, this is not a dictatorship where one person takes over and decides he's going to massivley transform things. You theory could be flawed and it could spoil a very good league.

A vote is the sensible thing to do. If the concencous is 40 I will happily go with it.

The problem with a vote is we can end up with 12 different squad limits and it get us nowhere. And Pooly, I may take the dictator comments from others but it's made me Laugh my orse of coming from considering how you run the other game! Wink

Steven_Sharks wrote:Am I right in understanding that say I have a gem of an 18 yo in my academy and if I definately don't want to run the risk of him leaving Quins IRL then I should put him in my Senior academy?

I like the look of the rules. I think the unlimited Foreigns during summer could bring some value to cash and might make sure people put in proper predos for the rest of the season!

Steve, if you had an 18 year old at Quins in real life, you do not need to put him in your senior academy. If he leaves Quins in real lofe, then you have first option of then placing him in your senior academy, or if you don't want him he goes to the club that he is going to in real life.

Sgt_Pooly wrote:45 would be a perfect number imo

I'd need to release current Ints to get to this number as would most I reckon. Maybe do a draft of released players

That is the whole point. If we only had to get down to 45, then I could release 8 players who never play for me anyway, because I have a load of internationals. They would be of no use to other teams in the foreign transfer market.

This way you need to have a proper look at your squad and work out how many current internationals is right to have, so you may have to release some and keep some non internationals who are good AP players in order to make sure you are covered in the international periods.

The knock on effect of this to the lower placed sides with fewer internationals in their squads is that there are then more for them to choose from in the foreign transfer market, but they too need to be careful not to overload with foreign players.

In relation to EQ player sin matchday squads, my intention will be to review that once we have squads down to the 40 man limit, and then adjust the EQ requirement accordingly so as to be fair to all. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:33 am

Cheers Pete. makes good sense.

I am in favour of 40 squad size.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 am

Well thought out Pete. I would agree to that. I still think the top teams would have better sides and in all honesty i have people of the quality of Fasivalu, Ali Williams Qera etc who do not get a game until LV

JDJ, Muliana etc have not played a minute all year for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 am

Pete, the other game is totally new and rules need to be put in place. I would not turn round next season and say squads are to be at 30 without putting things to the masses, it would stink of a control freak.

I'm very much against the 40 limit.

"The problem with a vote is we can end up with 12 different squad limits and it get us nowhere"

Well put 3 options of 50, 45 & 40. It's not rocket science is it. Just seems you've went a little power crazy......we've all been on this game for a fair few years now and are able to come to fair decision between us. We don't need a dictatorship telling us this is how it's going to be.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 am

Has JDJ been injured all year aswell matt? lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 am

yes he bloody has driver. but my point is he would have struggled for a game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:47 am

As I said if WE all decide 40 is a good number, lets go with it.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 am

The top sides will still be a bit better that is true Mat, it will just narrow the gap slightly and give the bottom chance more opportunity to build and close it further with some canny purchases.

Pooly, you request for a vote has been noted, but has also been declined.

Signed

Control Freak Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 am

HEIL PETE!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 am

Who put you in charge anyway?!?!?!? I demand a recount!!!!!!

I'm not going to 40 unless the majority say so Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 am

is pooly a proper power mad dictator on the other game?? What team has he got??

Got a friday at home and no rugby all night but have just found dordeaux lyon on.

Could not watch the stream it is not an enjoyable experience. what was final score in saxons and U20

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 am

Saxons lost 35-0

20s won 59 - 3
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:57 am

Pete - Im happy to go with what you suggest, its a lot of work running this game and I've always been one for trying to make this game as realistic as possible. Would certainly make it very tactical in who you have to choose for your squad.

Why not all compromise and say 42 players in a squad - don't worry about any votes and people get preparing for next season? Easy!

Mat u20s won 59-3, some great performances from all of the midfield - Yarde, Walker on the wings and Robson at no9. Mills and Daly worked very well. Saxons score was 33-0 last time i Saw.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:59 am

Or 42.5 players Wink
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 am

Where are you guys finding the saxons score cant find it anywhere

this is amusing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16807093

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am

RFU Twitter
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 am

I'd be happy with that Driver as am sure that Christian Wade would count as my 0.5 player...

Game was on radio on the BBC website Mat - sounds like a truly awful performance, wills ee if I can find a report.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:12 am

See charlie walker who i have on here scored tonight for the under 20s. Was Ford completely dominantt

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 am

Ripped them a new one
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 am

Backs are great its the pack I'm unsure of. I haven't seen much of the front 5 so don't know what level they are at. Locks are big which is a good sign and Sinckler has been on the bench for Quins but unsure on any others.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 am

Match report for Saxons Mat

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12333/7480818/Saxons-suffer-Scottish-nightmare

Ford ran the show for England, has the complete game in my opinion, only thing he needs to work on is his place kicking. Man management is top rate and his passing game is the same.

Walker was very good, Yarde got the hattrick, but would say Walker was more of a threat throughout, has lightning acceleration. The pack was dominant, but impressed with how England control the game through the 10-12-13 channels. Think they will get a grand slam and junior WC this year.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 am

Tom Cowen Dickie who was LH , plays Hook for Exeter academy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 am

Ford looks good at each level I've seen him.

If Leicester lose him then they have gone mad and any side who signs him have hit the jackpot! I'd give him a blank cheque and tell him to fill it in then cash it if I were in charge at leicester

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 am

Hookers are both very good for England u20s - they've got the Gloucester guy (Britton starting) with Scott Spurling (Sarries) on the bench - they've also got Nathan Morris who has played 4-5 games for Wasps this season, so very good quality there.

Good video of Scott Spurling here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0aSXg2AHB4

Props both good, not in Vunipola or Thomas' class from last year and we havent got someone as good as Launcbury in second row, but as a unit they are very strong. Think they had Wasps Hepburn on the bench today, bit surprised they dont use Danny Herriot from Saints, he's very good.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 am

I love the way ford manages the game so mature. seems to have it all and a potential superstar. Do you have him in this game chris??

I signed walker in the old game as someone i know who coaches county and regional youth always banged on about him being an future england player. this chap has been spot on with everyone he has ever thought would go all the way so i signed him. he played centre all through u 16s but looks a winger i hear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 am

The jocks had weir and lawson as half backs so obviously put a strong side out. why play rory lawson in an A game??? surely you want players to develop and playing your world cup skipper is weird

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 am

Yeah he was the first person I think I ever signed in this game Mat, got him when he was 15 or so - when he was playing for the England u18s! Think he can still play junior WC next year too - think that would be a record for number of junior WC's a player has been in. The sign of how good he is was that he kept Farrell out of the starting 10 shirt last year for England because he was the better player.

The 10, 12, 13 is the best I've seen from an u20 team before - Mills and Daly are just awesome - think Daly could be better than May if I'm honest.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 am

Never May for super star status. could see both of them featuring. England have been asking for may to play more at 15 for Gloucester according to local rag. He would anyway as morgan is out.

He can play anywhere but hope he does not get picked all over the backline as a utility player a la healey.

Mills is really shaping up at 12 and is the reason why EFS and Tindall may well be on there way out. He is getting game time but needs more.

Very good distributor and really solid in defence.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 am

I think England will use May same way as Aussies use OConnor for first 2 years, put him on the wing for exp - can see him forming an interchanging 12/13 combo with Tuilagi and Daly being a bench player for England.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

From what I've seen of May I'd keep him away from the 12 position and let him enjoy the space of the wing

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm

How old is May 21/22?

Anyone watch the NZ Sevens? Savea has so much potential to be a top class player, but not sure if he's going to make it - hopefully he will for me though!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Guys: in fair weather how would you rate a McCabe-Vesty 12-13? Noticed Vesty played there last sat!!

Also Tindall at 10 today :o
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Saveas brother will be the better player. He is meant to be freakishly good. Nz pundits bang on about him all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I'd prefer that combo in the wet to be honest prop.

I think you have better runners than Vesty for the harder surfaces.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 pm

If anyone can bare to watch...highlights of Saxons game last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbA7yN7S9w&feature=youtu.be

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Watched those Saxons highlights 36 spencer and gaskell missed some dreadful tackles

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Most of us had players in that game who didn't perform. Shall we just pretend it never happened....?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Agreed that was a horror show

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 pm

They made too many changes and picked too many players that aren't up to that level just yet - think 36 has been in bad form this year because he doesnt get played enough in his proper position by Tigers, think he'll be a completely new player at Gloucester next year and throw himself into England contention again.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:41 pm

More concerned about the pack than picking on 9, 10, 12, 13 who had never played together.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 pm

They picked a poor pack tbh, think there were a lot better players they could have chosen.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 am

Gaskell isn't a 6. He is a lock and should be played there. Myall a much better backrower than Gaskell

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 am

Who was the Scotland loosehead ? He was giving pdj a torrid time in the 3 scrums on the highlights and not many people do that

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:36 am

Just watched the highlights my god how bad was the tackling some awful attempts made. Looking at the 3 scrums can only see 1 where PDJ was got the better off though Matt? The other 2 England seemed to have the push on. Lovely hands by the Scotish 10 for the last try I think? Stuart Hogg looked very very good. Would expect him and Weir to get some game time for the Scots by the end of the championship

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 am

Absolutely love watching Sergio Parisse.

All qualities considered (Running, Carrying, Tackling, Passing, kicking, Leadership and many others) I would have him as the best player in the world.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 am

French front row getting battered.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next