The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we have a system for Cheltenham?

3 posters

Go down

Do we have a system for Cheltenham? Empty Do we have a system for Cheltenham?

Post by racingnut Thu 17 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

It seems that the world and his dog want winners at Cheltenham and as we know it can be the hardest meeting of the year to fathom out.Do you have a system,this might not actually help you make a profit ,it might just help you cut down on your losses?
When i was betting fairly seriously id have the three/four days off but unlike some punters i know i didnt think that i could find every winner,its impossible.I would set aside a bank for meeting,say £1000,then id work out the races where a bet was a possibility,i would never bet in the Bumper,the Amateur or Conditional races,the Cross Country and the Triumph.These are what i classed as minefield races.Already youve lost 6 or 7 races,so you are down to 20 possible bets at £50.I would study these events hard and long using every form archive i could find,make your selections and in your mind decide what price you would want to play at.If the price is wrong then leave alone,i know its hard but you shouldnt bet just for the sake of missing a winner,if your charge isnt Value For Money then walk away.If you fall lucky and you double your initial bank then double your stake and so on.The best laid plans of mice and men can always come unstuck but if you cut out the risky bets,the ones that you do "just because its Cheltenham" you might reduce your losses or even make profit.As for picking your bets then i put two things above everything else and its
1.Previous Festival form,i think its so,so important
2.The ability to travel in a race,you dont see many Festival winners getting theirears scrubbed off after three flights/fences do you?
The its the usual,ground,trip,handicap rating,way the race will be run,recent form etc.

Hope some of this helps for next year,im on the big save already,four days off,betting head on! 8)

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Do we have a system for Cheltenham? Empty Re: Do we have a system for Cheltenham?

Post by Solerina Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm

Very interesting racingnut.......I'd definitely go along with previous Festival form, so I'm amazed that Buena Vista went off at such a huge price.

Anyway, racingnut.... you've given me an idea......we need to attract new members to this racing forum, right?

So how about you startng a thread called.........wait for it..........." Horse Racing Betting Systems"

I imagine punters are always keen to look at different systems from their own.

It might generate a bit more interest.......what do you think?

I think it's a b****y marvellous idea myself Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Do we have a system for Cheltenham? Empty Re: Do we have a system for Cheltenham?

Post by Swanseadabber Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:10 pm

The best racing system is to keep betting winners, sadly I've been trying it for thirty years without much success Doh
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down